IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

MultiMediaLinQ

Search this Thread

Old 03-21-11, 11:49 AM
robertrios
Pole Position

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default MultiMediaLinQ

Anyone have pics/videos and can review this product for me? I know a few have installed but most people have the other vais tech options. This is perfect since i can use my ipod and an external hard drive. I want to know about mounting options etc
Old 03-21-11, 12:13 PM
jnguyen87
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

lol i think i responded to your other thread. Well when i replied to your thread i was also installing my MultiMediaLineQ at the same time. Finished it all yesterday. So first off. The sound quality is great. Digital quality so they say. Sounds like a CD to me basically. So thats a plus. The interface on the nav screen is ok. It works and it looks decent. Only thing that really gets me and when your ipod is connected it locks out your ipod so you can control any of your music thru the ipod itself. Im thinking about jailbreaking the ipod just to fix that. Other then that the unit is great.

Installation wise, i put it in the very lower compartment under the passenger knee airbag. I ran the USB cable from there all the way under the shifter plate to the bottom of the armrest. Inside the armrest and the bottom is a "secret" trap door where you can pull open and pull the wire out thru there. You can cut a hole, or do what i did which i just smashed the door closed with the wire coming out which still works and looks clean still. You can refer to this thread for wear to put the VML unit itself and decided yourself where you want to run your USB wire. Some people run it thru the cigerette lighter, or just leave it in the glove compartment itself.

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/is-...-pictures.html
Old 03-21-11, 12:19 PM
AdioKIP
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I had mine installed last week. Sound quality is great. Only complaint I have is organizing music on a hard drive is a pain compared to an Ipod. I was hoping to use my SSD synched with Media Player but the ML doesnt seem to like how Media Player organizes files when it synchs. As far as mounting, mine is mounted behind my glovebox with the USB cable in the glovebox. (Last Ipod was stolen from in my arm rest so wanted to be able to lock it up this time.)

Last edited by AdioKIP; 03-21-11 at 12:22 PM.
Old 03-21-11, 08:15 PM
robertrios
Pole Position

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

so which cable are you using that you can hook up the ipod and the hard drives interchangably? or is it a female end of a USB that you plug the male ends of either the apple white cable or the usb cable that comes with the hard drive. It allows you to watch video of the hard drives right? Im assuming AVI and MPEG4 is suported?
Old 03-21-11, 09:09 PM
jnguyen87
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

you can use the wire it comes with which has the female end of the usb or you can actually put the harddrive inside the VML unit. Did you check the website? it shows you all of that.
Old 03-21-11, 09:48 PM
brociouz
Lexus Test Driver

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

Here is an extensive review on the ML+, the successor to the MultiMediaLinQ: https://www.clublexus.com/forums/lex...sl2i-user.html Not sure if it's any use to you...
Old 03-22-11, 06:34 AM
AdioKIP
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by robertrios
so which cable are you using that you can hook up the ipod and the hard drives interchangably? or is it a female end of a USB that you plug the male ends of either the apple white cable or the usb cable that comes with the hard drive. It allows you to watch video of the hard drives right? Im assuming AVI and MPEG4 is suported?
There is a female end in my glovebox now. The ML pretty much supports audio from any type of USB device. The ML is audio only, for video you want the ML+ which supports Ipod video out.