IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

Asked for Lexus Glass, Got chinese aftermarket...

Search this Thread

Old 04-01-11, 06:05 PM
meangene
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Wow this is awesome! Make a video and post it on youtube
Old 04-01-11, 06:08 PM
patrick323
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by meangene

If i could have gotten a video today...oh GOD that would have been nice and WOULD have gotten media attention. Not like I'm an African American during the civil rights movement getting pummeled by fire-hoses but the basic principal is the same.

The police said I should stand on the OTHER side of the street because KNOWING he has and may again assault me.....and putting myself in that position might have legal consequences. I dont see that so clearly, but I'll comply. So being on the OTHER side of the street tomorrow will probably not make for the best of videos.

Last edited by patrick323; 04-01-11 at 06:19 PM.
Old 04-01-11, 06:39 PM
350FSport
Driver

Question. Why did you go to these ya-hoos in the first place? Lexus dealership only, especially if insurance is paying. Sorry you got into this crap, they are not going to make it right for you that is obvious. Good luck.
Old 04-01-11, 06:47 PM
soupdawg
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

best thread i ever read on this site
Old 04-01-11, 06:48 PM
patrick323
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by 350FSport
Question. Why did you go to these ya-hoos in the first place? Lexus dealership only, especially if insurance is paying. Sorry you got into this crap, they are not going to make it right for you that is obvious. Good luck.
Here we have people at gas stations offering free chip repair. Trucks on side of road advertising on the spot chip repair. When you go to many car washes...they offer it too. It's all over. I stopped into a business-front. No reason to expect it would go this way. Once you have problems with a place you are often then stuck in the cycle with them.
I wouldnt be so sure about them not making it right. Word of mouth, lawful protest which may impact his business, potential criminal assault charges (rather, definite if nothing is "fixed" before monday). Someone HAS give in soon...and it wont be me!

Originally Posted by soupdawg
best thread i ever read on this site
Awesome! I'm not usually a dramatic person. Quite the opposite actually but things compile and then when in a position where you've gone all out...you cant just stand down. Plus I'm not the type to NOT do everything in my power to keep someone from pulling one on me I just never have this much trouble. Typically I can complain well enough (not overreacting, persistent, educated on the topic, etc. etc.) to get things taken care of when things like this happen.

Last edited by patrick323; 04-01-11 at 06:58 PM.
Old 04-01-11, 07:24 PM
trixxx519
Lexus Test Driver

good read, get them a**holes
Old 04-01-11, 08:21 PM
Thinktwice
Pole Position

Originally Posted by meangene
+1!!! If I lived in TX I'd go out there and protest with you! Businesses with poor practices like these need to be made known and put out of business.
Old 04-01-11, 08:43 PM
dsadsauser
Pole Position

This is the best thread on CL. I'm loving this. You are doing exactly what is right. I'm very impressed. You are making the world better for consumers.
Old 04-01-11, 11:06 PM
patrick323
Lead Lap

Any North Texas readers: I've posted a thread in North texas forum. Anyone with a couple hours at any time tomorrow with nothing to do and who might get a little kick out of a peaceful protest(it really was a blast..even being hosed down/assaulted..which he knows now not to do to anyone) PLEASE get ahold of me. It's not exactly a deep worldly issue to protest but, eh, we are all lexus owners and we all hate being screwed over so perhaps you might find it a semi-worthy cause. I've never protested be fore. I feel like i just got back from some club med spa, very theraputic to take full advantage of rights to free spech

I'm going to try my best to line up some kind of media presence. A nice lunch on me sometime (not everyone at once haha) for the help.
Old 04-01-11, 11:45 PM
Micaiah

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Patrick, I'm very proud of you. I'd do the exact same thing and I wish I was there to be with you.

Tomorrow show up with goggles, a snorkel and flippers on!! What ever you do, stay off of their property. They are probably video taping this so watch where you step! Hopefully you can have friends join you and at least one friend video tape too in case they try to blame you for things that didn't happen. Then you tube it and put a link into their reviews....

Good job!

(Don't get arrested)
Old 04-02-11, 12:09 AM
iRock
Lexus Champion

nice work! lol
Old 04-02-11, 12:20 AM
patrick323
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by Micaiah
Patrick, I'm very proud of you. I'd do the exact same thing and I wish I was there to be with you.

Tomorrow show up with goggles, a snorkel and flippers on!! What ever you do, stay off of their property. They are probably video taping this so watch where you step! Hopefully you can have friends join you and at least one friend video tape too in case they try to blame you for things that didn't happen. Then you tube it and put a link into their reviews....

Good job!

(Don't get arrested)
Thank you. I am not at ALL one to step outside of any legal limitations. I never once set foot on their property. I refused to even talk to the owner who was also verbally harassing me. As i mentioned I was advised to be ACROSS the street (unfortunately less exosure) so my idea of a raincoat and plastic over my sign (one of two i made were ruined in my HOSING incident) is useless haha. I mean jeesh . it wasnt a fire hose but it was significantly larger and more powerful than a garden hose. When it first hit my face it went up my nose and mouth and choked me for a second. I've inquired to 10 or 15 friends to join me. Hopefully at least a few will pull through. They can stand on his side while myself and another friend or however many (if any, people are lazy haha) are on the other side.

Tonight I filed a complaint with the Texas ACLU and filled out their online complaint form to see if they will lend aid in litigation for a potential civil case since, well, one cannot interfere (especially via assault) with another persons civil liberties such as freedom of speech. Hopefully they will take it seriously.
Old 04-02-11, 12:37 AM
Micaiah

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Call a local TV station to let them know of your protest.

Whatever you do, speak calmly and be pleasant. Look at the camera, not the person interviewing you, gives better impact to the audience. Let HIM make a fool of himself yelling at you. Just speak your words with finesse. DON"T lose your cool, EVER. It works wonderfully. Trust me. I've had training in persuasive negotiating and media presentation speaking.

Last edited by Micaiah; 04-02-11 at 12:41 AM.
Old 04-02-11, 12:45 AM
GiantsFan
Lexus Fanatic

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

This is awesome

I had my windshield crack last year... and insurance would NOT give me OEM glass ... Tried hard to no avail ... I called safelight multiple times... and they told me my best option was to request PPG glass... After doing some research, I found out PPG makes OEM windshields, so I went with it, and I was very happy with the quality. (IMO ... its just as good as OEM - no waves/distortions - water repellent - low wind noise!)

Last edited by GiantsFan; 04-02-11 at 12:49 AM.
Old 04-02-11, 02:44 AM
JeffTsai
Lexus Fanatic

Received 43 Likes on 17 Posts

Same here, got a PPG windshield and it was pretty much as good as OEM. Patrick, keep up the good work!

Quick Reply: Asked for Lexus Glass, Got chinese aftermarket...