IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

Asked for Lexus Glass, Got chinese aftermarket...

Search this Thread

Old 04-03-11, 12:32 AM
projectdna
Lexus Fanatic

Received 24 Likes on 22 Posts

to the OP and to the business...

if you two have the time and energy to come in here and drag this out in all its un-glory in plain sight of the rest of the 2is community and CL in general - not to mention post lengthy retorts filled with accusations, insults, and threats... i don't understand how the two can't maturely/productively/civilly settle this in a business-like manner.

i can't see any positives by posting your respective sides of the story or this being resolved in here. why attempt to "rally" support from the CL community when we're not related to the issue? all due respect, but the ruling of the court of public opinion carries little weight. either settle this quietly and out of the public limelight (including the CL forum), enter into arbitration, or actually follow through with the stated threats and hire lawyers to drag this out.

this really shouldn't have required an audience, and this shouldn't have broken down to this. as both parties are responsible for escalating this to this point, both parties should attempt to resolve this without resorting to insults and/or threat of legal action.
Old 04-03-11, 01:19 AM
patrick323
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I've highly edited my post to tone down some of my sudden, unfiltered, rude comments as well as those possibly suggesting my personal legal actions in reaction to his comment of lawyers. I apologize. I was admittedly very upset when this guy joins this site taking it to YET another level. I didnt even want this to go past a windshield chip. Or then a replacement. Or then a peaceful protest. etc. etc. It's merely turned into the worst case ever. I've sort of used this site as a diary of the events. Sorry to those who find it absurd (I see your point of view...dont read haha). Some is called for. It is a forum after all. maybe this is not now not for this particular forum within CL? Some might enjoy it . I used it as a place to rant but now at this point especially, I must filter my rants with this business owner carefully. From here on it's silent protest and officially speak through legal representatives of varying fashions.

In fact, being at the point where he comes on and publicly announces lawyers (as he has to me in person where I have only once in quick chat said the words should I contact my lawyer?). I guess it's now officially on, beyond roadside or online drama. Exactly where you, sir, do not want to be.

Think quick and act quick as I will do the same but I urge you to look at this from any one of the many stated perspectives. Investigate (as I have, am doing and will do,) the legal aspects. THEN ask yourself if maybe it's not simply more worth it for your business to pay me for the damage.

I certainly will TRY and refrain from further drama but it's SO stinking hard especially when egged on it's 10 times worse.

Last edited by patrick323; 04-03-11 at 03:12 AM.
Old 04-03-11, 03:12 AM
Micaiah

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by patrick323
I think this thread should now be closed. I certainly will TRY and refrain from further drama but it's SO stinking hard
Patrick, I respect that you want this thread closed but I just wanted to point out that my questions still were not answered by Mr.Doneright:

Originally Posted by Micaiah
Mr Doneright, I have a few questions if I may:

1. I am aware that with the gel there is the risk of the glass cracking due to the procedure of the injection. According to Patrick, (please correct me if I am wrong) the employee was carrying on a conversation and smoking to the point of squinting his eyes. Was the employee reprimanded or retrained in regards to this?

2. Is it a possibility that if the employee was not distracted by such, that the window would not have broken?

3. Do you accept responsibility for the actions or results of the actions of your employees?

4. Why did you use the water on him?

5. Are you will to be responsible for anything of his that may have been damaged due to the water, such as any electronics that he may have had in his pockets?
The negligence itself of replying to my basic questions have answered other, differing questions that may have already been planted in the minds of possible future clients. I no longer expect an answer.

Last edited by Micaiah; 04-03-11 at 03:31 AM.
Old 04-03-11, 03:16 AM
patrick323
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by Micaiah
Patrick, I respect that you want this thread closed but I just wanted to point out that my questions still were not answered by Mr.Doneright:
Good point. I'm just not at the point where I'm going to make any specific comments regarding most aspects.

All i'll say is I may be the ONLY ONE HERE who has pulled an ALL NIGHTER writing one post. Rather i wrote for 10 minutes. THen realized I sounded JUST as cocky, arrogant, and jerk-ish as I wanted to. So i spent all night editing and rephrasing haha. Time to crash (5AM). They are closed tomorrow anyway, I believe.

Last edited by patrick323; 04-03-11 at 03:20 AM.
Old 04-03-11, 07:52 AM
*Batman*
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by ELL Y
Not true. Many "sales people" are honest too and/or earn little commission on what they sell. They may just be misinformed themselves. What basis do you have that they'll tell you whatever they can to sell a product? Not all of them are snake oil salesmen. The fact that you're "quite rude" to sales people also reflects poor character - everybody deserves to be treated with a little respect.

When I had my windshield replaced recently, I had to settle for an aftermarket with more wind noise. It wasn't the mechanic's fault, but the insurance company that insisted that there was no way I would get OEM without forking out the difference myself. Of course, in this thread, it appears that the OP has gotten under their skin enough that they want to rid themselves of everything related to him.
Let me guess, you're in sales.

A sensible person when told by a sales person who says that his product is the best product on the market, would not accept that at face value.

A sensible person would ask: "Are there any independent reviews that I can read to verify what you are saying?" or "What sources suggest this is the best product on the market?"

If they react to these questions with "Trust me, everyone knows that.", or "I have been selling these widgets for years, and I know they are the best", then it is reasonable to be a little rude and ask the question: "You would say that, if you said the opposite then no-one would buy from you. Please direct me to a source I can trust"

If you genuinely believe that most salespeople are telling the truth, then you are seriously deluded. Or more likely a disingenuous sales person hoping the rest of the world thinks that way. Even if the sales person is honest, any good sales manager would indoctrinate them with reasons their product is the best. The truth only helps the best and most differentiated companies to sell, for the rest it is just good marketing, smoke and mirrors.

It reminds me of one time I was buying a Lexus and the dealer was trying to convince me that the average margin on a new car was $4000 over invoice, and anything less would be unfair to him and he would go out of business. And then I pulled out a Wall Street Journal article showing that the average margin was about $500, and a bunch of blog posts showing several had bought this car for that kind of premium. That shut the guy up.
Old 04-03-11, 08:15 AM
s6 4rings
Lead Lap

Mr DoneRight

I am an owner of 2 Lexus cars and a new Hyundai Santa Fe and an 16 yr old Audi S6, What do you think of me? Am I pretencious snob who has tons of money? NO

Am I a business owner or a manager? NO, just a GREAT salesman who can manage money to be able to have anything I want or need.

Am I offended about what you think specifically about a Lexus owner? YES

Both you and the OP are correct in certain aspects of the situation. But I know you have insurance with your business, you should have just fixed it the way the cust wanted it, filed a claim, washed your hands of it and moved on.

You are in business to make money, but assuming people are a certain type of person shows what kind of person you truly are!!!!

REMEMBER CUSTOMER IS ALWAYS RIGHT!!! EVEN WHEN YOU THINK THEY ARE WRONG!!!!
Old 04-03-11, 08:20 AM
s6 4rings
Lead Lap

and to Patrick...

All this negative publicity may be good for his business, be careful. Any publicity, good or bad, gets attention to the business. I mean the business owner in a way did remedy the broken glass with a cheapo replacement. I know he should have replaced with better quality especially since now he said the dealers screw us and he pays $100 for the OEM Lexus glass.

Safelite tried to derail me as well, but I got my insurance to get a new LEXUS window cause the car was new at the time. Now having seen a PPG screen for our lexus and seeing it has all the necessary things for the rain sensor as well, I would accept a PPG glass cause I have had many of those on my other cars. And to be honest had ZERO problems.
Old 04-03-11, 09:10 AM
patrick323
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by s6 4rings
and to Patrick...

All this negative publicity may be good for his business, be careful. Any publicity, good or bad, gets attention to the business. I mean the business owner in a way did remedy the broken glass with a cheapo replacement. I know he should have replaced with better quality especially since now he said the dealers screw us and he pays $100 for the OEM Lexus glass.

Safelite tried to derail me as well, but I got my insurance to get a new LEXUS window cause the car was new at the time. Now having seen a PPG screen for our lexus and seeing it has all the necessary things for the rain sensor as well, I would accept a PPG glass cause I have had many of those on my other cars. And to be honest had ZERO problems.
I can reply to comments like these:
My insurance can/would and was going to (from beginning) pay for OEM factory glass, not something almost as good as or supposedly just as good as. If someone breaks my iPhone, of course I wont settle for a samsung even if it does the same job and even if it may do it just as well. I dont care if it was a 10,000 window that is CERTAINLY just as good as a $4 one. One pays for what they break. One replaces that exact broken thing. If it was broken in a repair process which one was his most careful and did all in their power to avoid that 1/500 chance...that is then grounds for argument and would be an understandable argument that a sensible person would reason with. Despite that NOT being the situation of which one could have some understanding and reasoning. I still reasoned. Then I reasoned again. Reasoning reasoning, no more reasoning!

He came on to get "auto enthusiasts" perspective. It seems to me he has gotten it! ??

Last edited by patrick323; 04-03-11 at 09:25 AM.
Old 04-03-11, 09:52 AM
DaveGS4
Forum Administrator

Received 2,238 Likes on 1,357 Posts

Originally Posted by patrick323
We should close the thread maybe.
Agreed and closed. Best of luck getting this resolved.