IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

need help with headlight sensitivity please!

Search this Thread

Old 03-31-11, 06:10 PM
silentbob
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default need help with headlight sensitivity please!

hey guys,
i'd like to adjust the sensor that automatically turns the low beams on and off, so it becomes less sensitive. right now, between going into and out of my parking garage at work and home, my lights are turning on and off over 10x a day, and i'm paranoid i'm shortening the life of my aftermarket hid's i have installed.

anyone have any idea if you can adjust this, and if so, without having to bring it to the dealer? does the dealer charge for this sort of thing?
Old 03-31-11, 06:16 PM
jnemo
Driver

I dont know~ i know where the sensor at tho, but why not just leave it in off or on all the time?!
leave it in off and just turn them on when u need it.
leave it in on and when u remote lock ur car twice, it will turn off itself.
Old 03-31-11, 06:20 PM
silentbob
Driver

Originally Posted by jnemo
I dont know~ i know where the sensor at tho, but why not just leave it in off or on all the time?!
leave it in off and just turn them on when u need it.
leave it in on and when u remote lock ur car twice, it will turn off itself.
i actually do like the sensor function, i just wish it was a bit less sensitive. i like the fact that it turns on at if i'm driving at night, i just wish it wouldn't turn on every time i enter garages, which is a much less dark environment.
Old 03-31-11, 06:53 PM
Evitzee
Lexus Champion

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

The sensitivity can be adjusted. See page 4 of the attached PDF under Sensitivity. You'll probably have to pay for it, or they might do it for you as a courtesy. Talk nice to them.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf
Lexus_Settings.pdf (80.4 KB, 222 views)
Old 04-01-11, 11:18 AM
Thinktwice
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

^^^ Yeah but you do realize that if the sensitivity is adjusted via LPS, it won't resolve his issue. That will just adjust the light sensitivity so that they'll come on when its a tiny bit darker outside instead. If you're going in and out of garages, it's gonna be so dark the lights will automatically come on because it'll think it's fully night time.
Old 04-01-11, 11:21 AM
silentbob
Driver

Originally Posted by Thinktwice
^^^ Yeah but you do realize that if the sensitivity is adjusted via LPS, it won't resolve his issue. That will just adjust the light sensitivity so that they'll come on when its a tiny bit darker outside instead. If you're going in and out of garages, it's gonna be so dark the lights will automatically come on because it'll think it's fully night time.
yea...my thinking was that the garages i'm going into aren't as dark as driving at night, because some sunlight still gets through.

the crappy part would be if i get it adjusted, and then the lights basically never turn on unless it's completely pitch black out...
Old 04-01-11, 11:59 AM
Thinktwice
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by silentbob
yea...my thinking was that the garages i'm going into aren't as dark as driving at night, because some sunlight still gets through.

the crappy part would be if i get it adjusted, and then the lights basically never turn on unless it's completely pitch black out...
I can almost guarantee you the sensitivity would never be able to be adjusted that severely. Toyota/Lexus would have a bunch of lawsuits on their hands if headlights weren't turning on at night, and we all know they do everything in their power to prevent any remote possibility of a lawsuit if they can help it
Old 04-01-11, 12:06 PM
silentbob
Driver

Originally Posted by Evitzee
The sensitivity can be adjusted. See page 4 of the attached PDF under Sensitivity. You'll probably have to pay for it, or they might do it for you as a courtesy. Talk nice to them.
Thanks!