IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

Unwritten rule to drop car?

Search this Thread

Old 04-01-11, 01:32 PM
ddhleigh
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Micaiah, that's awesome haha. Too bad my wife isn't like that. Heck she can't even drive properly. Let her take out the IS one day and she changes lanes without looking... Mind you, she hasn't driven in 10 years.
Old 04-01-11, 02:33 PM
ScKcBc
Lexus Test Driver

It looks like SHlT with aftermarket wheels without a drop
Old 04-01-11, 02:34 PM
heyarms
Pole Position

Received 37 Likes on 17 Posts

rims + stock height. plenty of compliments, no headaches of being too low. Personally, i think people preach the whole lowering a little too much around here. Too much peer pressure haha.
Old 04-01-11, 02:43 PM
ScKcBc
Lexus Test Driver

I'm not saying it has to be slammed. I have the F sports and it looks fine
Old 04-01-11, 02:45 PM
350FSport
Driver

+1 on not understanding the whole obsession with "slammed", "flush", and all that. But then I saw the thread about fenders getting all kinds of fudged up and I am lmao. I will keep stock thanks. What is the average age on this board, mid-twenties maybe? I guess I am too old at 31 to get the whole "drop that shiz" sentiment..
Old 04-01-11, 02:53 PM
Deegee
Lexus Test Driver

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

^Ha, I'm in my mid 20's and still hesitant about slamming or lowering my perfectly smooth Lexus. Considering i live in Texas there are lot of pot holes and just terrible drivers here, it may not be worth it in the long run. Although I've lowered every car I've owned, other then my lexus I must say it does indeed look way better... I still almost buy BCR Coils every other week. But honestly i don't want the head ache down the road.
Old 04-01-11, 03:07 PM
don
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Blah. The endless "how low should I go" debate.

But I guarantee no one is more "hellaflush" than this car"

Did I use that term correctly? lol
Old 04-01-11, 03:24 PM
cenix
Driver

if that's the case, no one is more un-hellaflush as doc brown:

by the way, there's a way to lower with out going too low like the f-sport springs. i think stock wheel gap is horrible looking with aftermarket wheels.
Old 04-01-11, 03:36 PM
don
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Wait.. so would those 2 last pics be considered hellaflush or hellanotflush? lol
Old 04-01-11, 04:47 PM
felixdang
Driver

I just bought my 350awd a month ago, and I have to say dropping the car looks a lot better, and I'm debating if I should or not, I live in Michigan an we have crazy as* winters here..

I'm leaning towards not lowering the car, but maybe in the future I will, just because I wife is not letting me switch up my car anytime soon..
Old 04-01-11, 06:18 PM
DSheeezy
Rookie

if i get fsport springs, will i also need the shocks too? how is the ride quality with the oem shocks+fsport springs?
Old 04-02-11, 09:20 AM
kraven9
Lead Lap

neither of those are hella flush, that's more oni camber..lol. To the OP, I would save a little more and get coilovers so at least you could adjust the dampening (soft-hard) and height. Then later on get the wheels if you desire.
Old 04-02-11, 09:49 AM
laobo979
Lead Lap

Received 68 Likes on 48 Posts

No rule to me it like having a girl that has a gap between her tooth. Looks ugly but once she get them gap fixed she gonna look alot better
Old 04-02-11, 09:51 AM
GSteg
Rookie

Received 79 Likes on 61 Posts

Originally Posted by heyarms
Personally, i think people preach the whole lowering a little too much around here. Too much peer pressure haha.

Good statement. While stock wheel gap is hard to grasp, having your car inches off the ground isn't so pleasant either. When you slam your car, you're only aligning your car/yourself to please a small group of people who think it's cool. There are lots of cars out there that look fine without having to have the lip of the wheel touching the fender.

Then again if you round up the group that says to slam the car, I would bet the average age is early-mid twenties. Their priorities and preferences are totally different than those who are older (and have kids).
Old 04-02-11, 10:04 AM
slidingIS
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

to the OP do what you want to do to the car. when i got my IS300 first thing i did was slam it. now its dropped so low you cant see the top of the wheel. with that said i like that until i got in it to drive everyday. so i just picked up a stock IS250 with the sport package and enjoy what i have been missing for so long, that smooth Lexus ride. And i will not lower it because for a daily driving a lowered car gets old and on your nerves fast. so do what you feel looks best and suits your needs. its not the forums car we will all still love it because its an IS

Quick Reply: Unwritten rule to drop car?