IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

Dealership games.

Search this Thread

Old 04-02-11 | 07:05 PM
Micaiah

Default Dealership games.

A while back I saw a USB ISF in the showroom while I was getting some warranty work done. There was damage done to it and when I inquired about it, the damaged was denied and I was given the run around. I asked him how much trade he would allow me and he said to have a seat. Nahh. Im not ready to do that yet.

Since then I decided that there was no reason for me to upgrade so I let that thought pass. In the meanwhile, the sales guy calls me constantly, trying to get me to come in, bring my car and he will see how much it would be worth for trade in. I called back once to tell him I wasn't interested but he still calls.

Today I went to the same dealership to see if I can touch/see/feel the Lexus car cover. My phone rang and it was the sales guy. I chuckled and told him that I was there but in the parts dept, come by. I was going to tell him straight up that I wasn't interested anymore.

He approached me, shook my hand, yada yada and I began to tell him that I wasn't ready to buy another car. He offered to look at my car and give me the best that he can for it. Since I was waiting for the parts guy to look things up, I told him "Go ahead. It's the gray one by the red mustang out there".

He wouldn't go out there. He wanted to discuss numbers. I said to him "Why don't you tell me what my car is worth?" He said that he didn't want to get it checked out until we talk numbers. I just turned to face the guy with the parts book. After a few seconds go by, he said to me. "Okay the best I can do is let you have the ISF for 45k plus tax and fees with your car as a trade." So in other words, [car name deleted to make CarbonDtls happy] is worth about 20k to them. Show me where I can buy another car exactly like [car name deleted to make CarbonDtls happy] with all of his F sport stuff, park sensors and dynamic cruise and I'm on it like white on rice.

How can he do that without looking at my car? It floors me how he kept calling (three times in one week) to come down to get an appraisal for my car yet when I AM there he won't do it.

Last edited by Micaiah; 04-02-11 at 07:26 PM.
Old 04-02-11 | 07:12 PM
Sole350kid
Rookie

I was thinking about upgrading to isf. But ratherget m3
Old 04-02-11 | 07:14 PM
CarbonDtls
Lead Lap

I read the post and dealerships are a-holes

This is what they do, thats why I could never be a car salesman no matter what they say it all comes down to selling a car. This is a job and the objective is to get paid even if it means it financially ruins someone else. I have dealt with alot of these salesman and buying a car is not fun.

For the love of god stop calling your car Micaiah, its creepy.
Old 04-02-11 | 07:27 PM
Micaiah

Originally Posted by CarbonDtls

For the love of god stop calling your car Micaiah, its creepy.
Sorry it creeps you out. I edited the original post just for you. By the way, when you get the chance, look up the meaning of that name that you don't want me to mention. Your sentence will show it's irony, for your love of God (capital G) would know this.

Edit: In case it was too much work, here it is, just for YOU!

Origin: Hebrew

Meaning: Who is like God?

Pronunciation: (mih KAY ah); (mee KAH yah)

Last edited by Micaiah; 04-02-11 at 07:34 PM.
Old 04-02-11 | 07:30 PM
CarbonDtls
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by Micaiah
Sorry it creeps you out. I edited the original post just for you. By the way, when you get the chance, look up the meaning of that name that you don't want me to mention. Your sentence will show it's irony.
Ha, I see your point.
Old 04-02-11 | 07:33 PM
ImBlown
Driver School Candidate

Stupid dealership games. Sounds like you need a better salesman.
Old 04-02-11 | 07:43 PM
Sffd103
Fire Slayer

Originally Posted by CarbonDtls
Ha, I see your point.
Somewhat comical and Ironic! The salesman was a jerk for sure. I'm glad you turned your back to him Siu!!! Good for you. You'll never recommend him at that dealer EVER!! All they want is to put money in their pockets and if lying helps, they WILL!! Keep your boy!!! Sell yours on the street and put a fat down if you chose to do that.
Old 04-02-11 | 10:06 PM
iRock
Lexus Champion

same salesman that helped u when u bought Micaiah?
Old 04-02-11 | 10:18 PM
kinglexus99
Advanced

I hate dealerships! Lexus dealerships on the sales side are the same as every other dealership except that the salesmen are wearing thousand dollar suits. So annoying. Someone needs to come up w/ a better way to buy cars...
Old 04-03-11 | 01:38 PM
Sango
Pole Position

Sorry it creeps you out. I edited the original post just for you. By the way, when you get the chance, look up the meaning of that name that you don't want me to mention. Your sentence will show it's irony, for your love of God (capital G) would know this.

I think the word "redacted" would of been better than the other edit up there LOL!!
---------------

In terms of that salesman, some of them can be slimeballs. If that person keeps calling, just call block them.
Old 04-03-11 | 02:05 PM
Micaiah

Originally Posted by PEARLIS250
same salesman that helped u when u bought Micaiah?
OH Heck no!! You know that Shane is the best of the best! I went to a local dealer to check out the car cover. The same one that scratched my car when I took it in for the the window seal. My car won't be going there for work ever again.
Old 04-03-11 | 02:51 PM
quickmatch
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by nixx621
I hate dealerships! Lexus dealerships on the sales side are the same as every other dealership except that the salesmen are wearing thousand dollar suits. So annoying. Someone needs to come up w/ a better way to buy cars...
i have kinda come up with a better way to buy a car. you go to a website and pick what you want. then all the dealerships in say a 100 miles or whatever get the info and they know other dealerships are bidding against each other to give you the best price. or you could put what you are willing to pay and see what dealership wants to accept it with in reason obviously.
Old 04-03-11 | 03:18 PM
Wunko
Racer

For real!! Some sales representatives are worse than others though.
Old 04-03-11 | 04:26 PM
Hoovey689

My vote is for a vehicle vending machine. No haggle pricing. Let's just hope it doesn't get stuck...
Old 04-03-11 | 04:48 PM
SUPERBRINO
Pole Position

First of all, its not creepy its beautiful (the name AND the car)

second of all, stealership has done that to me, they tell you one number to get you in the office then when its time to do paperwork, they take a real look at the car with a fine tooth comb and thats when you get bent over ... better off buying the car you want and selling your privately thats what i did and made a ton more that way, ugh friggin hate dealerships they're insane

Quick Reply: Dealership games.