IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

New Member, need some help in the tri state area

Search this Thread

Old 04-03-11, 07:13 PM
Nycxazn11
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New Member, need some help in the tri state area

My friend and I are from NYC and we are in the market to purchase the 2011 IS350. Please help me answer a few questions without bashing about the search option cuz i alrdy tried and not much info...

What dealerships would you guys recommend??
What did you guys pay with or without tax???
Do you think we will be able to get some sort of discount if we purchase 2 cars??
Do you guys think its better to purchase in New Jersey? I bought my 06 TL from NJ and it was 2-3k cheaper...

My local dealership Bay Ridge Lexus quoted us about $47,000 fully loaded and they only have 2 colors. I know that place sucks but I wanted to check what they were offering.

All opinions are welcome, thanks
Old 04-03-11, 08:34 PM
100degrees
Pole Position

NJ will probably have more competitive pricing. Bay Ridge Lexus doesn't really like to haggle much. I'd also try some LI dealers. I got mine used so I can't comment on how much I paid.
Old 04-03-11, 08:36 PM
robertrios
Pole Position

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I would try Jersey and PA...NY prices are inflated. From what I understand 350s are selling at MSRP for the most part if your getting fsport editions or certain colors.
Old 04-03-11, 09:13 PM
Silver10
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Come down to florida and buy then drive back, Taxes are way cheaper then the city and you might even find some 10 left overs?
Old 04-03-11, 09:57 PM
100degrees
Pole Position

Originally Posted by Silver10
Come down to florida and buy then drive back, Taxes are way cheaper then the city and you might even find some 10 left overs?
You have to pay NYS tax regardless. Tax is paid to the state the car will be registered to. But yeah if he's not looking for an AWD, FL is def the way to go for a nice discount.
Old 04-03-11, 10:38 PM
my1s250
Lead Lap

go to a auction and buy it could be cheaper...i know a guy that does it if you want his number
Old 04-04-11, 09:41 AM
Numbahz
Driver

Lexus of Smithtown (Suffolk County)
Lexus of Rockville Center (Nassua County)
Lexus of Southampton (South Fork/Suffolk)

These to my knowledge are the best of the best around, I went to Smithtown because its closest to me and overall I heard very good things about them and its in a very competitive area with every dealership within 1 mile from them. Its only about a 45-60 min drive from Manhattan exit 62 on L.I.E. then about 10~mins away.
Old 04-04-11, 10:48 PM
Nycxazn11
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by Numbahz
Lexus of Smithtown (Suffolk County)
Lexus of Rockville Center (Nassua County)
Lexus of Southampton (South Fork/Suffolk)

These to my knowledge are the best of the best around, I went to Smithtown because its closest to me and overall I heard very good things about them and its in a very competitive area with every dealership within 1 mile from them. Its only about a 45-60 min drive from Manhattan exit 62 on L.I.E. then about 10~mins away.
who did you speak to at Smithtown. I think I will go check it out the dealerships in LI this sunday with my frd
Old 04-05-11, 09:44 PM
nyis250
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I can vouch for Lexus if Smithtown. I got mine used last year. Their service is pretty good, but prices are hard to negotiate. Thats from my experience.
Old 04-06-11, 08:04 AM
crazybuggy
Racer

u can try www.dealerrater.com to get a view on some dealerships within the tristate area; and JM Lexus in Florida emailed me back with a selling price of $100 or $200 above invoice or the actual invoice price. I can't really remember but Florida does seem to have cheaper cap costs.
Old 04-06-11, 11:06 AM
Thinktwice
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Nycxazn11
My friend and I are from NYC and we are in the market to purchase the 2011 IS350. Please help me answer a few questions without bashing about the search option cuz i alrdy tried and not much info...

What dealerships would you guys recommend??
What did you guys pay with or without tax???
Do you think we will be able to get some sort of discount if we purchase 2 cars??
Do you guys think its better to purchase in New Jersey? I bought my 06 TL from NJ and it was 2-3k cheaper...

My local dealership Bay Ridge Lexus quoted us about $47,000 fully loaded and they only have 2 colors. I know that place sucks but I wanted to check what they were offering.

All opinions are welcome, thanks
Question... Are you looking to finance with Lexus or cash (check)?
Old 04-06-11, 02:31 PM
DickChang
Rookie

My parents lease their Lexus's from Ray Catena Lexus and haven't had any issues with them. I've since moved across the country so I can't say anything about them from recent history, but if you're keen on getting many quotes and don't mind possibly traveling a bit more out of the way, then it won't hurt to check them out.
Old 04-06-11, 03:03 PM
RObrizok
Driver School Candidate

Good luck finding an AWD IS250 in any of the southern states.... most are in northern New England.
Old 04-06-11, 05:35 PM
SlickRSM
Pole Position

Lexus Manhattan is the best! I flew there from Buffalo NY to purchase my Lexus and drove it back.
Old 04-06-11, 05:47 PM
Numbahz
Driver

Originally Posted by Nycxazn11
who did you speak to at Smithtown. I think I will go check it out the dealerships in LI this sunday with my frd

Well honestly I kinda went around the sales ppl there because I was referred to talk to one of the tech managers there Ray Romero who was extremly helpful and I kinda went right to finance from there no sales person (unless one was invloved I didnt know about lol) I know several people who have driven out there from the Hamptons to save a few hund $$$ and have had great experiences. Good luck with your search, In the end I think its all about the overall buying experience and well they truly have it made there !

Quick Reply: New Member, need some help in the tri state area