IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

New (used) 250, need expert help

Search this Thread

Old 04-04-11, 12:07 PM
viper522
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New (used) 250, need expert help

Hey guys, bought a CPO '08 Tungsten Silver 250 RWD A6 this weekend and the dealer didn't have the original window sticker so I'm not exactly sure what options my car has over the base package. I'm wondering if it has an option package (I dont know the names, but like "sport", "premium" or whatever) or just a la carte options. It does have 18" liquid graphite wheels, adaptive lighting, and a few other things I've found out through browsing this site aren't base items. How would I know if it has HIDs or Xenons? Does anybody have an option package overview to share?
Old 04-04-11, 12:25 PM
Sango
Pole Position

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

For one thing, to find out what originally came with the car, you could call up Lexus corporate. They will be able to have the information on what it has.

HIDs, if it has those two globe like projector, it means it would have the AFS HIDS (except for 2011 which eliminated AFS). I never seen the non-HID version of the vehicle, so I am not sure what it looks like, but I believe it does not have the globe like projector.

You will be able to tell if it has HIDs when you turn the low beams on as it would make like a "pop" sound at the moment they turn on.
Old 04-04-11, 12:32 PM
Numbahz
Driver

I know exactly what you mean I was looking for the same thing on my car it was a CPO and wanted the orginal sticker. So far to my knowledge the orginal purschaed dealer can obtain a copy but I am not sure. If your like me who was trying to figure out if they are HID or not (I waited 8 days for finacning and trade in to get to my liking) so I couldnt go in my car and look I had to look at them in the daylight only @ the dealership. Its most likely they have them.
Old 04-04-11, 12:39 PM
felixsc300
Lexus Test Driver

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Sango
For one thing, to find out what originally came with the car, you could call up Lexus corporate. They will be able to have the information on what it has.

HIDs, if it has those two globe like projector, it means it would have the AFS HIDS (except for 2011 which eliminated AFS). I never seen the non-HID version of the vehicle, so I am not sure what it looks like, but I believe it does not have the globe like projector.

You will be able to tell if it has HIDs when you turn the low beams on as it would make like a "pop" sound at the moment they turn on.
+1 on calling Corporate. That's what I did two months ago to find out what my car came equipped with from the factory.

Also I believe all 2IS came with projector headlights, whether its halogen or HID. I believe HID was a stand-alone option in '07 and '08 (or was it '06?).
Old 04-04-11, 01:23 PM
IS250TW
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by Sango

All 2is have projectors
My 250awd comes with no package and i have projectors, that's why we don't have to retrofit projectors+HID for our car
Old 04-04-11, 02:55 PM
Sango
Pole Position

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by IS250TW
All 2is have projectors
My 250awd comes with no package and i have projectors, that's why we don't have to retrofit projectors+HID for our car
For US cars, yes this is true, however for Canadian cars, it is not (unless one get like the top package, then it will have HID). The same goes for the leather as well.

Last edited by Sango; 04-04-11 at 03:02 PM.
Old 04-04-11, 02:59 PM
kickin8
2IS/2RX/4RX

Received 27 Likes on 22 Posts

ask the dealer, they can pull up the list of packages using the VIN
Old 04-04-11, 04:44 PM
yok3dIS
Intermediate

Received 209 Likes on 81 Posts
They should be able to send you a copy of the sticker. When I got my CPO, I asked my sales guy to send me a copy since I didn't know what my car has exactly. They should furnish that report for you.
Old 04-04-11, 04:57 PM
bigblack06

Received 326 Likes on 223 Posts

Yeah I just did this you can go to the Lexus.com site and click contact and do the chat, ask them what options your car has and if they can email it to you, you will need your VIN#, also tried to get the window sticker they said that only the delaership where the car was bought originally could do it, called and they said only orginal owner. Easy answer not possible! unless your lucky.
Old 04-05-11, 05:38 AM
viper522
Driver

I bought it at the original dealer as it was a lease turn-in, and they told me the owner returned everything that came with the car as-new except the window sticker. They didn't seem eager to find a solution for me, but they were very helpful with everything else.

The headlights are super white, especially compared to the fogs which seem on the yellow side. I guess it's safe to say that's HID and not halogen?

Thanks for all the answers
Old 04-05-11, 10:40 AM
viper522
Driver

Originally Posted by bigblack06
Yeah I just did this you can go to the Lexus.com site and click contact and do the chat, ask them what options your car has and if they can email it to you, you will need your VIN#, also tried to get the window sticker they said that only the delaership where the car was bought originally could do it, called and they said only orginal owner. Easy answer not possible! unless your lucky.
I tried this recommendation, but they gave me the phone number for Customer Satisfaction instead. Didn't want to play ball :\
Old 04-06-11, 12:37 PM
viper522
Driver

So I tried chat, they gave me the cust. satis. number as stated above.

I called cust. satis., and they told me to use the website to fill out an email request.

About 3 hours later I received an email with attached PDF containing exactly what I wanted

So if you're looking for the answer, it is "email from the lexus.com website".