IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

i250 Lexus CPO Fraud

Search this Thread

Old 04-27-11, 10:47 AM
kickin8
2IS/2RX/4RX

Received 27 Likes on 22 Posts

i think lexus corp should shut down the dealership for their shady business....
Old 04-27-11, 11:14 AM
calvin2376
Racer

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by kickin8
i think lexus corp should shut down the dealership for their shady business....
I wouldn't go this far, but I would say fill out your survey accurately and don't sugar coat it. I'd also write a strongly worded letter to Lexus corporate detailing exactly what Don said and did in response to this and indicate your displeasure. Hopefully he'll be reprimanded appropriately.

Here's a fun fact: Lexus of Rockville is one of Lexus' few "Elite" dealers. They're essentially a chosen few dealers across the country that are deemed the best dealers. Specifically, Lexus claims explains "Elite" status as:

The Elite of Lexus award is reserved for those dealers who excel at everything they do. From sales and service to the overall ownership experience, these dealerships are truly in a class all their own.

If this is the kind of thing you can expect from a Lexus "Elite" dealer, how do you think a non-Elite dealer would treat you? When you walk in, are you just immediately asked to bend over instead of being treated to some chit-chat first?
Old 04-27-11, 11:36 AM
viper522
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My dealer is an "elite" also. But I do have to hand it to them, the place looks amazing.

http://www.lexusofpalmbeach.com/VirtualTour

That's hand-laid marble as far as the eye can see.
Old 04-27-11, 11:52 AM
calvin2376
Racer

Originally Posted by viper522
My dealer is an "elite" also. But I do have to hand it to them, the place looks amazing.

http://www.lexusofpalmbeach.com/VirtualTour

That's hand-laid marble as far as the eye can see.
Whew, that's spectacular! And, coincidentally, exactly what I want to be paying for when I go in for service or to buy a car! Who cares about the quality of service and honesty a dealership offers when their floors are so shiny!?

On a serious note, this is exactly why Lexus dealership labor rates are so high, and so much higher than that neighborhood independent car shop that doesn't try and bend you over every time you walk in.

When I go in for service, I don't care what the showroom, waiting rooms, and bathrooms look like at a Lexus dealership. All I care about is the honesty and skill of the technicians that work on my car and the quality of the work they perform. I'd sit on a plywood bench in a grass hut if it meant paying half the hourly labor rate they currently charge.
Old 04-27-11, 12:40 PM
viper522
Driver

You bought a Lexus to sit on plywood?

Seriously, you think the Lexus grease monkeys are any better than the Chevrolet, Hyundai, or Volkswagen ones? You're holding your breath if you think they're any more 'honest' or 'skilled'.
Old 04-27-11, 12:55 PM
calvin2376
Racer

Originally Posted by viper522
You bought a Lexus to sit on plywood?

Seriously, you think the Lexus grease monkeys are any better than the Chevrolet, Hyundai, or Volkswagen ones? You're holding your breath if you think they're any more 'honest' or 'skilled'.
No, I bought a Lexus to sit inside and drive a Lexus. Not once during my purchase decision did the material on which I may sit while inside the service area waiting room cross my mind.

And not once did I mention I thought Lexus technicians are any better than any other manufacturer's technicians, so I'm very confused how you got that. I made a statement as to exactly what I valued and wanted to pay for when I went to a dealership for service:

"All I care about is the honesty and skill of the technicians that work on my car and the quality of the work they perform."

This was meant to contrast what I DIDN'T value or want to pay for when I went to a dealership, which includes things like the material used for the floors.

This was a general statement about what I value in a car dealership's service department. Not sure how you interpreted that simple post as somehow specifically comparing Lexus technicians to any other manufacturer's.
Old 04-27-11, 01:33 PM
is250cpo
Rookie

i don’t care either about what the dealership and workshop looks like as long as it was clean and the mechanics were honest. My usual mechanic doesn’t even have a waiting area, but I never feel ripped off, he usually tells me if your keeping the car for x amount of time, then i suggest you do this, if you’re not, only do this and he has no problems when I bring in my own parts for the repairs. (not for the IS of course, my previous cars)

On another note, I was looking online for appropriate sites to leave my experience with Lexus of Rockville and Don Nickles and Elias. Apparently I am not the first

Exhibit A
“I purchased my certified pre-owned RX350 from this location only to find out that after a few months and several problems with condensation in the headlights and going to get my vehicle serviced that the truck has been in a collision!!! I was told by the service department and technician that the truck has been in an accident and that voids my warranty. After me explaining to them that I brought the vehicle in the same shape that its in today they must’ve read their paperwork and realized that I was sold a vehicle under false pretense and they said they would fix the headlight and the technician was wrong , the car was not in a collision, I said yeah right! I spoke to the GM Don Nickles who is very arrogant and condescending when he speaks he told me that I would lose money but they’ll buy the truck back for $6000 less than what I paid...my advice steer clear of this dealership. I am still fighting for them to take the truck back and give me what I owe! Please don’t go to this dealership it’s the worse, in all aspects!”

Exhibit B
“Queu Don Nickles, General Manager, not to be confused with Don Rickles the hilarios comedian: What I thought would be a kind gesture and quick apology from the finest Lexus has to offer turned out to be another episode in a nightmare ***** and Elias created for my wife and I. Don, a pompous, arrogant sort, began to tell us that they had no intention of reibursing us for the full amount promised. We stated our cases and Don practiced his conflict resolution skills he had apparently digested from his quaint collection of Successful Management and Leadership books stacked behind him. Don’s continuous use of the phrase, “This is bad business” perplexed me which may have been his intent, but I could only rebute that it certainly was, “on your part Don”. He mentioned that by reibursing us for the full amount he would be admitting that ***** lied and that he would have to fire him just before Christmas, and how ***** would have to go tell his wife and kids there wouldn't be Christmas this year. What a pitiful comment to make at the expense of your employee Mr. Nichols.

Don offered to reiburse us for $250.00 of the $500.00 owed. We took the check (which was cut in about 5 minutes) and called it a win. I could continue to elaborate on the differences between getting screwed over by Don Nickols vs. Don Rickles, but I’ve already made this too long.”

See link for more reviews
http://www.dealerrater.com/dealer/Le...e-review-8430/
Old 04-27-11, 02:11 PM
kickin8
2IS/2RX/4RX

Received 27 Likes on 22 Posts

you should send those to the lexus corp....and see what they can do....
Old 04-27-11, 02:21 PM
is250cpo
Rookie

good idea, i think i will fax some of these responses to the case manager at lexus hq!
Old 04-27-11, 02:39 PM
Pnthrzrule
Pit Crew

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Luxury Trade-In Involved in Accident

Hi ISCPO. My boss at work had a similar situation to yours. He purchased a benz and decided to trade it it about a year later (just recently). The other dealership (GMC) was considering his trade (benz) and it came back as having been in an accident (minor/major made no diff here). The GMC dealer called around to see if any of their network dealerships would accept the benz and they all declined....due to the fact that it was a "premium" car that had been in an accident. Since the dealer wasn't able to offload the benz, my boss went back to the dealership where he bought the benz. They told him when he bought it that it had not been in ANY accidents. Therefore, he told them to buy it back (basically pay off the remaining loan balance) and they did. If you haven't already, you should contact your attorney general and the better business bureau (sp?). You should also copy the suspect dealership on those transactions so they know you mean business. I would also blast e-mail the ownership, corporate, news channels...everything if you really feel you've been wronged. I wish you the best and hopefully you get it resolved. I also apologize if it already has been resolved...it's hard to tell (long thread!)

Good Luck!
Old 04-27-11, 02:43 PM
Jordo609
Driver School Candidate

Maybe I am a little confused with what is going on, but my 350 was in an accident and repaired and I took it in for the recalls and they fixed everything without a problem and they even took the liberty to bring me out to my car and show me the different VIN numbers on the bumpers so I knew it was in an accident, which I knew already, but they gave me no problem and did my valve springs and fuel pressure regulator without any costs involved.
Old 04-27-11, 02:54 PM
is250cpo
Rookie

Originally Posted by Jordo609
Maybe I am a little confused with what is going on, but my 350 was in an accident and repaired and I took it in for the recalls and they fixed everything without a problem and they even took the liberty to bring me out to my car and show me the different VIN numbers on the bumpers so I knew it was in an accident, which I knew already, but they gave me no problem and did my valve springs and fuel pressure regulator without any costs involved.
i had no probs with the recall, it was another part that they said they would not cover because that part could have failed due to the accident that i didnt know about....etcc... which started this whole thread
Old 04-27-11, 02:56 PM
is250cpo
Rookie

Originally Posted by Jordo609
Originally Posted by Pnthrzrule
Hi ISCPO. My boss at work had a similar situation to yours. He purchased a benz and decided to trade it it about a year later (just recently). The other dealership (GMC) was considering his trade (benz) and it came back as having been in an accident (minor/major made no diff here). The GMC dealer called around to see if any of their network dealerships would accept the benz and they all declined....due to the fact that it was a "premium" car that had been in an accident. Since the dealer wasn't able to offload the benz, my boss went back to the dealership where he bought the benz. They told him when he bought it that it had not been in ANY accidents. Therefore, he told them to buy it back (basically pay off the remaining loan balance) and they did. If you haven't already, you should contact your attorney general and the better business bureau (sp?). You should also copy the suspect dealership on those transactions so they know you mean business. I would also blast e-mail the ownership, corporate, news channels...everything if you really feel you've been wronged. I wish you the best and hopefully you get it resolved. I also apologize if it already has been resolved...it's hard to tell (long thread!)

Good Luck!

thanks, still not settled but making progress with lexus corp. Working things out with the dealer directly was going nowhere!
Old 04-27-11, 03:22 PM
Jordo609
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by is250cpo
i had no probs with the recall, it was another part that they said they would not cover because that part could have failed due to the accident that i didnt know about....etcc... which started this whole thread
aaahhh..... That makes sense.... That is frustrating.... I hope that you are able to get that worked out.
Old 04-27-11, 05:03 PM
WHITE93GT
Rookie

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by calvin2376
No, I bought a Lexus to sit inside and drive a Lexus. Not once during my purchase decision did the material on which I may sit while inside the service area waiting room cross my mind.

And not once did I mention I thought Lexus technicians are any better than any other manufacturer's technicians, so I'm very confused how you got that. I made a statement as to exactly what I valued and wanted to pay for when I went to a dealership for service:

"All I care about is the honesty and skill of the technicians that work on my car and the quality of the work they perform."

This was meant to contrast what I DIDN'T value or want to pay for when I went to a dealership, which includes things like the material used for the floors.

This was a general statement about what I value in a car dealership's service department. Not sure how you interpreted that simple post as somehow specifically comparing Lexus technicians to any other manufacturer's.
Let's make this thread all about you.

Last edited by WHITE93GT; 04-27-11 at 05:05 PM. Reason: I counted eleven I's in that one post, lol

Quick Reply: i250 Lexus CPO Fraud