IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

i250 Lexus CPO Fraud

Search this Thread

Old 04-27-11, 06:00 PM
Keppie
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

No reason to shut down a Lexus dealership over this. Every reason for Lexus HQ to demand a house cleaning of everybody that was involved.
Old 04-27-11, 06:27 PM
is250cpo
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Keppie
No reason to shut down a Lexus dealership over this. Every reason for Lexus HQ to demand a house cleaning of everybody that was involved.
Yeah, people in charge, the ones who allows these practices should be reprimanded, not the whole dealership. I understand this is a business and that people have paychecks to earn, but just do it in a honest way.
Old 04-27-11, 09:33 PM
is250cpo
Rookie

Originally Posted by calvin2376
You know, I bought my car CPO from Rockville about the same time you did. I'm wondering if I should go out and take off the bumpers to check and make sure everything looks good.

Anyone know how difficult it is to take off the bumpers? If it's not too difficult, I may do it this weekend.
here's the video i was referring to for the bumper

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ebp0Os7K1vM
Old 04-28-11, 05:54 AM
viper522
Driver

No, I bought a Lexus to sit inside and drive a Lexus. Not once during my purchase decision did the material on which I may sit while inside the service area waiting room cross my mind.

And not once did I mention I thought Lexus technicians are any better than any other manufacturer's technicians, so I'm very confused how you got that. I made a statement as to exactly what I valued and wanted to pay for when I went to a dealership for service:

"All I care about is the honesty and skill of the technicians that work on my car and the quality of the work they perform."

This was meant to contrast what I DIDN'T value or want to pay for when I went to a dealership, which includes things like the material used for the floors.

This was a general statement about what I value in a car dealership's service department. Not sure how you interpreted that simple post as somehow specifically comparing Lexus technicians to any other manufacturer's.
It's all part of the experience of owning a premium vehicle. You should expect more.
Old 04-28-11, 06:14 AM
calvin2376
Racer

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Hey is250cpo, this guy's looking at buying a 250 used from Rockville:
https://www.clublexus.com/forums/is-...ml#post6346595

First off the price is too high on that car. But I also asked him which dealership in MD and sure enough, it was Rockville. I gave him a brief rundown of this thread in an attempt to steer him clear of this dealership. Wonder if you have any sage advice/perspective for him?
Old 04-28-11, 06:17 AM
viper522
Driver

There are a couple people sharing their bad experiences with Rockville here on the forum, but imagine the total number of people who they are screwing each year. They're giving Lexus a bad name in that region. This is way bigger than a botched CPO inspection here and there. jagoffs
Old 04-28-11, 06:29 AM
calvin2376
Racer

Originally Posted by viper522
There are a couple people sharing their bad experiences with Rockville here on the forum, but imagine the total number of people who they are screwing each year. They're giving Lexus a bad name in that region. This is way bigger than a botched CPO inspection here and there. jagoffs
Exactly. CL (especially on the 2IS forum) represents only a small cross section of one particular demographic of Lexus buyers - typically younger, male Lexus enthusiasts - and even within that demographic there are multiple horror stories. Extrapolate that out across the whole spectrum of Lexus buyers and you'd likely get a serious pattern of poor service and quality. In addition, CL members tend to be well-informed, do their research and be very interested in their cars. I would say the majority of Lexus buyers are not so thorough and might not uncover something like this until years down the road or when they try and sell the car, at which point little can be done.

The worst part is that this isn't just ineptitude; it's deliberate and willful decisions to deceive and shortchange customers. In is250cpo's case, I can't possibly imagine that the Lexus techs, during their 161-point inspection, came across no evidence of an accident, serious or not, when Dealer B found it immediately and brought it to his attention. This is the same story with the reviewer on dealerrater. And in my case, they deliberately overlooked glaringly obvious flaws in the car and signed off on the CPO inspection as completely satisfactory, when in reality the car needed 2 dash rattle TSIBs performed, the fuel pressure sensor replaced, the windshield molding replaced, and the spoiler replaced. Each one of those things should have been reason for at least one box on the inspection to fail.
Old 04-28-11, 07:24 AM
is250cpo
Rookie

Hey is250cpo, this guy's looking at buying a 250 used from Rockville:
https://www.clublexus.com/forums/is-...ml#post6346595

First off the price is too high on that car. But I also asked him which dealership in MD and sure enough, it was Rockville. I gave him a brief rundown of this thread in an attempt to steer him clear of this dealership. Wonder if you have any sage advice/perspective for him?
hey calvin i'll post some of my thoughts on that thread!
Old 04-28-11, 09:23 AM
is250cpo
Rookie

Calvin, are you going to take off the bumper this weekend?
Old 04-28-11, 12:00 PM
calvin2376
Racer

Originally Posted by is250cpo
Calvin, are you going to take off the bumper this weekend?
I think I am, how come? I have to take the front off anyway to install HID fogs, and because of your experience I'm thinking about taking off the rear too just to check everything out. The video you sent is great for the front bumper, so thanks for that, I wish I had a video for the rear - I need to look for a DIY on here.
Old 04-28-11, 01:30 PM
Jmags
Lead Lap

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I think I am, how come? I have to take the front off anyway to install HID fogs, and because of your experience I'm thinking about taking off the rear too just to check everything out. The video you sent is great for the front bumper, so thanks for that, I wish I had a video for the rear - I need to look for a DIY on here.
What?! I gotta take the bumper off to install my HID fogs?!
Old 04-28-11, 02:24 PM
calvin2376
Racer

Originally Posted by Jmags
What?! I gotta take the bumper off to install my HID fogs?!
No you don't, there are multiple ways to do this, but the easiest and most straightforward way I personally found was to remove the bumper. That's mostly because of the placement I've chosen for the ballast (behind the bumper support). Without taking off the bumper you're either reaching around in the dark through the wheelwell or on your back trying to squeeze under.
Old 04-28-11, 09:15 PM
is250cpo
Rookie

No you don't, there are multiple ways to do this, but the easiest and most straightforward way I personally found was to remove the bumper. That's mostly because of the placement I've chosen for the ballast (behind the bumper support). Without taking off the bumper you're either reaching around in the dark through the wheelwell or on your back trying to squeeze under.
Post some pics after your done. Good luck! hope everything is nice and clean behind the bumper. Seriously!!!
Old 05-03-11, 10:57 PM
COOLIS
Instructor

Received 35 Likes on 27 Posts

Have you heard anything? Im curious to see how Lexus handles this.
Old 05-04-11, 06:25 AM
is250cpo
Rookie

Originally Posted by COOLIS
Have you heard anything? Im curious to see how Lexus handles this.
Still waiting. I received a call last Friday saying that they have all the information they needed and should be getting back to me within 10 days.
I'll update when i hear anything.

Quick Reply: i250 Lexus CPO Fraud