IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

i250 Lexus CPO Fraud

Search this Thread

Old 05-06-11, 07:56 AM
98023IS250
Pole Position

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

you should take the Dealer to small claims Court and sue for the max. Let the judge decide what monetary amount might be due to you. Explain that you bought the car because it was represented as a CPO and would not have had you know there would be these issues.

my soon to ne ex g/f bought a CPO Subaru and when she took it to a different Dealer, they could not find the Vin on record. In the end, the Dealer she bought it from found out the car was brought in from Guam. The Dealer in the end found her a 1 year newer Subaru, swapped it out with her with the same payments, CPO warranty, etc. The Dealer put the Vin # in the system and re-listed the car for sale but not as a CPO.
Old 05-06-11, 01:43 PM
is250cpo
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 98023IS250
you should take the Dealer to small claims Court and sue for the max. Let the judge decide what monetary amount might be due to you. Explain that you bought the car because it was represented as a CPO and would not have had you know there would be these issues.
i think for small claims court, i need to do it in the state i purchased the car so that would require me to go back down to MD which i rather not!!!
Luckily for you and your ..friend, that was a very clear cut case compared to mine.

I received a call from the person handling complaints made to Mark Templin. They are now looking into the case since I copied Mark on the email to the local news reporters last night.

As for the non toyota parts that CPO or any lexus won't cover, they stated that's their policy, if in the future while the car is still under warranty and i happen to run into a problem with those non toyota parts, i should call corporate and they would review the history and goodwill the repair.

the saga continues
Old 05-10-11, 03:14 PM
WHITE93GT
Rookie

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

It's funny how so many people claim they would sue if this happened to them. The fact is a good lawyer can easily cost $250.00 per hour and it would add up so fast you might as well sell the car and just take the loss if it bothers you that much.
Old 05-10-11, 05:19 PM
shizblam
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by WHITE93GT
It's funny how so many people claim they would sue if this happened to them. The fact is a good lawyer can easily cost $250.00 per hour and it would add up so fast you might as well sell the car and just take the loss if it bothers you that much.
This is why you also sue for legal fees.
Old 05-10-11, 05:26 PM
WHITE93GT
Rookie

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by shizblam
This is why you also sue for legal fees.
LOL, another gambler throws his hat in the ring for a sure thing. You forgot to add pain and suffering along with punitive damages.
Old 05-10-11, 05:36 PM
shizblam
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by WHITE93GT
LOL, another gambler throws his hat in the ring for a sure thing. You forgot to add pain and suffering along with punitive damages.
You're an idiot.
Old 05-18-11, 12:14 PM
is250cpo
Rookie

So Mark Templin's office was a disappointment.
Their conclusion was "We have been in contact with the dealer on several occasions and have concluded that this is a sales matter. As such, we are of the position that this matter would be handled most effectively by the parties directly involved with your transaction - Don Nickels as the dealer General Manager and yourself. We believe Mr. Nickels is best suited to assist you in the resolution of your concern. "

Filed a complaint with Maryland' Attorney General Office and MD's Consumer Protection Agency.

Another "happy" consumer from Lexus of rockville has reached out to me with a similiar situation. Only difference was Rockville themselves initally denied them the repairs saying the car was in an accident.. until they realized they sold it like that. A lawyer is now also reviewing the case.
Old 05-18-11, 12:33 PM
KillaIS250
Lexus Fanatic

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Sounds like this dealership is gonna be in deep water if they don't get their crap together!
Old 05-18-11, 12:42 PM
is250cpo
Rookie

i don't know.. it seems like the Attorney Generals office and consumer watch can only help and try to mediate the problem, they cannot force the dealership to do anything, just like Lexus Corporate.

The lawyer is probably the only one that can force them to do something. But like another poster said, its not going to be 'free'. It will come out of whatever settlement they can get out of Rockville.
Old 05-18-11, 01:50 PM
Keppie
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Crazy and insane. Don Rickles is a schmuck. The only thing to try is Rickles' boss. Are they an independent dealer or owned by a national company?
Old 05-18-11, 01:51 PM
KillaIS250
Lexus Fanatic

Better ask for them legal fees to be repaid too then!
Old 05-18-11, 04:15 PM
calvin2376
Racer

Originally Posted by Keppie
Crazy and insane. Don Rickles is a schmuck. The only thing to try is Rickles' boss. Are they an independent dealer or owned by a national company?
Keppie's got a good point - Rockville is owned by Sonic Automotive. I think the last possible thing you can do at this point is contact someone at Sonic Automotive. It would have to be someone high up, not just someone in customer service, etc. Frankly I'd write an email and send it to the address of all the higher-up type people you can find there, maybe put paper letters in the mail too. In this effort, you should frame your argument fairly centrally on Rickles' behavior, statements, attitude, handling of the situation, and general doucheness.
Old 05-18-11, 05:18 PM
KillaIS250
Lexus Fanatic

You should let 'em know its posted on Clublexus too, which isn't a small forum by any means
Old 05-18-11, 06:34 PM
Keppie
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I agree this is your last straw without contacting an attorney or going to the media if you choose those routes. What a cluster ****. Throw everything at them and don't waste your time playing nice guy. Sadly, this has not worked. Let's hope Sonic will care.
Old 05-18-11, 07:10 PM
is250cpo
Rookie

yeah thanks for the tip keppie. sonic automotive here i come!!

Quick Reply: i250 Lexus CPO Fraud