IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

getting rid of my is350............................................

Search this Thread

Old 04-07-11, 08:40 AM
foam
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have an Evo IX and IS350 and no way did I buy the IS350 to auto cross it. Sounds like you wanted a performance car and should have done some research before buying it. I actually enjoy driving my 350 more than my Evo because of the luxury. It sucks driving a loud race car everyday.
Old 04-07-11, 08:47 AM
Bigrahizzl
Lexus Champion

His join date is Jun 2003 and only has 203 post + not enough commitment to the forum and car = FAIL!!!!!
Old 04-07-11, 09:07 AM
NoHoIS350
Pole Position

Also if you mod it right & take to a track not autocross but a Reg track it will do just fine. I smoked a many of cars you listed on your post. So it's tells me you aren't a very good driver say. Cuz every time I went to a track I had at least 2 or 3 guys come up to me & ask thats a V6 & I am like yup, Damn! thats all they say. So have fun buying another car I could give to sheet why you don't like the IS350 I love my car. Just why we have all these other models to choose from, There an *** for every seat!
Old 04-07-11, 09:11 AM
dojoman
Lead Lap

Received 270 Likes on 217 Posts

so TL doesn't feel floaty and it steers better than RWD IS? This guy doesn't know anything about cars at all. I think he's just trolling.
Old 04-07-11, 09:15 AM
robertrios
Pole Position

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

eh ive owned honda, acura, toyota, ford, nissan and have very close friends and family that own infinit, jag, and bmw. Ive experienced the least amount of problems with my car than in previous cars and than my friends/family...which is why i bought it...never planned on modding so thats just icing on the cake. I agree lexus cars dont mod easy IE the sc430...but thats what makes it cool when you do get to mod something.

I see where the poster is coming from but at the same time if your a BMW guy buy BMW...not a IS350 and then try to make yourself love it. Thats the problem...like what you like everyone is different...then stick to it dont second guess.
Old 04-07-11, 09:26 AM
suicidesam
Lexus Test Driver

bye...............
Old 04-07-11, 09:26 AM
calvin2376
Racer

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by NoHoIS350
Just why we have all these other models to choose from, There an *** for every seat!
More like there's a seat for every ***, especially in his case
Old 04-07-11, 09:29 AM
shadowman
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Wow.... he said he was coming from 335 and cayman s, then compared that to IS350 is crap compared to those in terms of performance and handling. Is he/she on crack?

No offense OP. I think you either never owned those car or you are an utter liar. We all know that a Cayman S or BMW 3 series will man handle a Lexus IS350 on the race track. In fact, BMW 3 Series will out handle a majority of the cars in higher classes too. Why would you even buy an IS350 for performance / handling after owning those car. It was like you were downgrading you car then complaining that it sucks.

If you bought an IS350 thinking that it will be any better, then you did not do enough research. After buying your car, and then taking a last minute **** on this forum just makes me feel like you are ranting blindly. We all know what the BMW 3 series, Porsche can do and it's better than Lexus IS350. Yes, we know they are more refined. They are different cars.
Old 04-07-11, 09:36 AM
trixxx519
Lexus Test Driver

OP- your respond to all of this? that is if you're ever coming back to the forum D=
Old 04-07-11, 09:47 AM
Infra
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by calvin2376
Well this is a needlessly pejorative post, and in fact in the act of listing the IS350's flaws in your eyes, you ended up also creating a list of things you should have known before you bought it and therefore reasons why you shouldn't have purchased it. There's so much wrong with this post that it's almost futile to try and respond, but I can't help but mention a few things.

In all my time on CL, and in all the articles and reviews I've read on the 2IS, I've not once seen anyone state that this car is good for autocrossing. Every car has a purpose, and therefore for each car there are things it does well and things it does not. I've never seen anyone ever say "buy a 2IS, it's great for autocrossing!", likely because it's not. That's not its intended purpose. This should have been abundantly clear from 1) 5 minutes' worth of pre-purchase research, and 2) a simple test drive.

I think in examining the demographics of IS350 ownership you'll find very few moms and grandmas. You'll probably find a lot of people who like a blend of luxury and sport; a true luxury car but one that's also very quick and can be sporty, especially with the use of F-Sport accessories. What you'll NOT find is a huge group of people who race and autocross the car.

"seriously try some other cars out there g37, 335i or even 328 and you'll understand where Im coming from"

You're ignorantly assuming everyone purchasing an IS350 has the same criteria and desires for the use of the car as you. The G37, 335i, or 328i might be better suited the the applications you need, but they may not be to many of the other IS350 owners. By the way, I drove the 328, it doesn't compare in either speed, comfort, or interior quality.

I kind of hate that I bumped such a pointless and mean-spirited thread, but I had to write something..
Hey, I've autocrossed my IS350!

I was running about 55 sec lap times and about 1-2 seconds slower than some stock-ish RX-8s. That's not too shabby.
Old 04-07-11, 10:05 AM
GoTem206
Driver School Candidate

go get a bike if you wanna go fast hahaha
Old 04-07-11, 10:06 AM
06isDriver
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

on your way out, dont let the door hit ya where the good Lord split ya....
Old 04-07-11, 10:06 AM
A_Grasso
Lexus Test Driver

Damn, someone drank their haterade! Do us all a favor op, and get outta here!
Old 04-07-11, 10:14 AM
kyoso23
Lexus Test Driver

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Typical BMW type guy. Vehicle capabilities aside, why would you take a passive agressive cut on a forum of people who enjoy this car for what it is? Go enjoy your towing and repair bills somewhere else, I'm sure you wont be missed.
Old 04-07-11, 10:19 AM
A_Grasso
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by kyoso23
Typical BMW type guy. Vehicle capabilities aside, why would you take a passive agressive cut on a forum of people who enjoy this car for what it is? Go enjoy your towing and repair bills somewhere else, I'm sure you wont be missed.
So true! . However, bmw's are great cars as well. Still prefer Lexus though!

Quick Reply: getting rid of my is350............................................