IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

"low tire" light appers

Search this Thread

Old 04-13-11, 03:04 PM
Joyride250
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default "low tire" light appers

hey guys, Im riding on aftermarket wheels on my awd250 and coming home today the 'low tire' light comes on my dash. I stop by a gas station and got air and light still on! Ive had these wheels for 2 years and last year i did not see this light come on at all, im getting concern for saftey driving around with this light, If anybody can help me about this,it would be appreciated, thanks~!
Old 04-13-11, 03:18 PM
Micaiah

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Does the spare have a sensor in it?
Old 04-13-11, 03:20 PM
NickTomsyc
Pole Position

My spare did not.

Mine started coming on and it was one of my tires that was actually "low".... it was certainly wasn't bad - but just low enough to trip the sensor....
Old 04-13-11, 03:22 PM
Silkky
Lead Lap

You can get a shop to dunk the wheel in water to look for leaks.
Old 04-13-11, 04:43 PM
SPNinjA
Lead Lap

Hey, this happened to me a couple of weeks ago. I checked and filled all the tires including the spare to the correct psi and still couldn't get it to go away. Brought it into the dealership and they cleared everything for free. Not sure what was wrong as they didn't tell me but, they fixed it so all is well.
Old 04-13-11, 05:07 PM
kickin8
2IS/2RX/4RX

Received 27 Likes on 22 Posts

you need to "reset" the sensors and the light will go away....happened to wifey's RX
Old 04-13-11, 07:00 PM
iRock
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

one of the sensors may have went out.... i would go to the dealer and try the re programming first
Old 04-13-11, 07:12 PM
Individual
Lexus Champion

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Did you check your tire settings to see if it is set to "Main" or "2nd?" It should be set to "Main" if you are equipped with your original sensors. The button is to the left of the steering column and looks something like this [ O ]. You press the center button and then press the left or right button to toggle between different features.
Old 04-13-11, 07:24 PM
SPNinjA
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by Individual
Did you check your tire settings to see if it is set to "Main" or "2nd?" It should be set to "Main" if you are equipped with your original sensors. The button is to the left of the steering column and looks something like this [ O ]. You press the center button and then press the left or right button to toggle between different features.
Actually got me curious about something. I had a second set of TPMS sensors programmed to my car today. My first set is on my stock rims. I checked the "set tires" feature on my car and it's showing it as under "Main". Is it possible that they could have deleted the information from my Original TPMS sensors?
Old 04-13-11, 07:26 PM
IS250Kevin
Pole Position

i got a tsib or whatever it's called (basically a recall) for the tire pressure sensors for 06-08 isx50's. maybe they're not reading correctly or something, not sure but thought it was interesting.
Old 04-13-11, 07:32 PM
amiehe
Driver School Candidate

Same thing happened to me. I checked all my tires and they were fine. I go to the dealership and they informed me I need rear tires. So they gave me this outrageous price after they told me they are competitive with tire rack. They were $400 a tire. So I went to Kauffman Tire and they did match Tire rack. I got the new tires and my light has not been on since. is it possible the light is for tire wear. just saying strange?
Old 04-13-11, 08:38 PM
lexLFA
Driver School Candidate

So do u have to have some kind of warranty to get ur tire sensor cleared by the dealer?
Old 04-13-11, 09:16 PM
Lucky350
Rookie

I have a problem with mine coming on once in a while with my new wheels also. I bought a set of tpms sensors from a member here on the forums. I don't know if I got lucky but my car picked up the sensors that came off of the IS-F. It reads between 36-40 psi. If I get anything above or below that, it'll throw the TPMS Check light.

I would check the pressure, drive around a little bit, and then check it again. During hot days my tires would go up 3-5 psi on stretched tires. Try to get it between the numbers above and reset the initial settings. That usually works for me.

19x9 on 235/35
19x10 on 245/35
Attached Thumbnails "low tire" light appers-flex.jpg  
Old 04-14-11, 07:54 AM
Joyride250
Rookie

Originally Posted by Individual
So i switched the settings to "2nd" and the "low tire" is gone. Now it only has the triangle symbol saying "Check System". This should be ok since i don't have sensors in my aftermarket wheels? thankss!
Old 04-14-11, 10:12 AM
DiDiMau
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Joyride, If you don't have sensors in your aftermarket wheels then it's reading off of your own wheels? Used to when I would pull into the garage with my DPE with sensors they check system light would go away momentarily and come back on after I drove how many ever miles. I wonder if it's detecting your old wheels. check and see If your air pressure in your oem wheels are low. Now if you know longer have your oem wheels then im not sure =P

Quick Reply: "low tire" light appers