IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

!!!!!are we losing our minds??? Stop disabling safety features!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 04-28-11, 08:38 PM
Pnthrzrule
Pit Crew

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default !!!!!are we losing our minds??? Stop disabling safety features!!!!

Ok...I was just looking at the new posts and saw someone requesting help because their Navi Hack went wrong....well no crap it went wrong. What's next...an airbag hack...how about an anti lock brake hack so you just go slamming into the car in front of you as you're programming your nav that you just hacked...maybe you had your cell phone in the other hand texting as you were programming your next destination, while watching a dvd and slamming into a car because you hacked your anti-lock brakes and can't stop in time...and of course your air bag didn't go off because you hacked that as well and then when you're done with that you can remove your fire wall so that the flames will enter the cabin and consume you...of course you replaced all the oem glass with old style glass...cause it's cool...so instead of the safety glass shattering with no sharp edges you acutally get shards of glass thrown at you....so after all that...is it really worth it to be able to program your freakin nav while you car is moving? Geez pull the hell over and program that bad boy and please most certainly stay away from my town if you're gonna hack your nav!

Old 04-28-11, 08:42 PM
GiantsFan
Lexus Fanatic

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Im assuming you never had a passenger in your car ... ?

... just because someone does the nav hack doesn't mean they are driving around without looking at the road..

Last edited by GiantsFan; 04-28-11 at 08:48 PM.
Old 04-28-11, 08:44 PM
langjaykev
Lead Lap

why so mad for =\..
Old 04-28-11, 08:45 PM
Sffd103
Fire Slayer

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

You're Funny!!
Old 04-28-11, 08:45 PM
kyoso23
Lexus Test Driver

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

I try not to flame people on this site, but this thread should just be deleted.
Old 04-28-11, 08:48 PM
Pnthrzrule
Pit Crew

I'm not flaming...it just needed to be said that's all...nothing more nothing less...make of it what you will and yes..I agree that all safety related hacks should be removed. Seatbelt dings are one thing but hacking the navi could get someone killed...I'm just sayin.
Old 04-28-11, 08:51 PM
GiantsFan
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by Pnthrzrule
I'm not flaming...it just needed to be said that's all...nothing more nothing less...make of it what you will and yes..I agree that all safety related hacks should be removed. Door dings is one thing but hacking the navi could get someone killed...I'm just sayin.
Dude... I think you are over-reacting... and aren't looking at the whole picture. What if you had someone sitting in the front seat while you were driving? It be a lot easier to have your passenger enter in the info instead of having to pull over. Yes, its unsafe for someone who is DRIVING ... but if there are others in the car I don't see why they couldn't do it...

I don't see how it creates a safety issue...
Old 04-28-11, 08:51 PM
Sffd103
Fire Slayer

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

I'm not flaming...it just needed to be said that's all...nothing more nothing less...make of it what you will and yes..I agree that all safety related hacks should be removed. Seatbelt dings are one thing but hacking the navi could get someone killed...I'm just sayin.
You swear people are watching DVD's/video games while driving. It's for passengers and to show off while parked.
Old 04-28-11, 08:52 PM
Acingteam
Intermediate

Sounds like someone needs to get laid.
Old 04-28-11, 08:53 PM
Pnthrzrule
Pit Crew

Also, who do you think you're foolin by saying I'm gonna hack the nav so my passenger can program while I drive...Come on folks...have you ridden passenger in your IS250 lately? Maybe after a long night of drinking and you're dead to the world. Otherwise you are prob riding solo. It's a bumpier than hell ride as an owner and twice as bumpier as a passenger. I love DRIVING my car...but riding is a whole other ball of wax...especially in pothole USA! :-)...people are hacking it so they can be a distracted driver! I mean If I were gonna go through all the trouble of hacking the nav...it would be for ME not the passenger.
Old 04-28-11, 08:54 PM
Pnthrzrule
Pit Crew

Funny Acing! :-)
Old 04-28-11, 08:58 PM
GiantsFan
Lexus Fanatic

Also, who do you think you're foolin by saying I'm gonna hack the nav so my passenger can program while I drive...Come on folks...have you ridden passenger in your IS250 lately? Maybe after a long night of drinking and you're dead to the world. Otherwise you are prob riding solo. It's a bumpier than hell ride as an owner and twice as bumpier as a passenger. I love DRIVING my car...but riding is a whole other ball of wax...especially in pothole USA! :-)...people are hacking it so they can be a distracted driver! I mean If I were gonna go through all the trouble of hacking the nav...it would be for ME not the passenger.

I have a felling we are being trolled..
Old 04-28-11, 09:02 PM
Pnthrzrule
Pit Crew

Originally Posted by GiantsFan

I have a felling we are being trolled..
Not sure what being trolled means but I do feel that as a forum we should be promoting safety and not the opposite. No matter how you look at it it's dangerous. I'm not saying I never get distracted...everyone's got cell phones...just not gonna go out of my way to hack something to make it less safe...sorry just doesn't compute...call me crazy.
Old 04-28-11, 09:06 PM
edgeucated
Pole Position

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

you are crazy...

using the navi while driving is distracting, but I feel that its not to the point where it needs to be ban. Thats why people hack it.
Old 04-28-11, 09:06 PM
brociouz
Lexus Test Driver

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

IBTL! What a ridiculous thread.

Quick Reply: !!!!!are we losing our minds??? Stop disabling safety features!!!!