Continental Road Hazard Coverage

Search this Thread

Old 04-30-11, 05:26 AM
ebell
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Continental Road Hazard Coverage

Hi all,

I've been tossed around between different people yesterday, and none of them are open for business today (Sat).

I bought a set of Continental Extremecontact DWS for my IS350 from TireRack about 5 months ago.
A nail got one of my tires, and I am looking for a replacement under road hazard warranty from Continental.
Tirerack told me that they don't carry the model any more and to call other authorized dealers to have this processed.
I call numerous a. dealers around and some tell me I have to buy it for a full price and deal with continental directly since i didn't buy it from them (shipping the tire, getting reimbursed etc).
Continental's papers seem to suggest that all dealers SHOULD take care of this tho...

Is it a normal practice?
Is the reimbursement from Continental going to be easy?

btw, the tire is discontinued...

Last edited by ebell; 04-30-11 at 05:35 AM.
Old 04-30-11, 06:04 AM
ming15237
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by ebell
Hi all,

I've been tossed around between different people yesterday, and none of them are open for business today (Sat).

I bought a set of Continental Extremecontact DWS for my IS350 from TireRack about 5 months ago.
A nail got one of my tires, and I am looking for a replacement under road hazard warranty from Continental.
Tirerack told me that they don't carry the model any more and to call other authorized dealers to have this processed.
I call numerous a. dealers around and some tell me I have to buy it for a full price and deal with continental directly since i didn't buy it from them (shipping the tire, getting reimbursed etc).
Continental's papers seem to suggest that all dealers SHOULD take care of this tho...

Is it a normal practice?
Is the reimbursement from Continental going to be easy?

btw, the tire is discontinued...
The warranty through Continental should be the best choice for you. Please realize that what you are asking the local dealers to assume. They were NOT involved with the initial transaction, and have NO responsibility too you or this tire. This is one SERIOUS problem the consumer faces when dealing with online vendors like the "Tire Rack" and the like. When a customer comes to me with a problem with a product I have sold them I take every action possible to assist them in a satisfactory ending. If you bring me something someone else sold you and ask me to take "MY" time to help you with a product I have no vested interest in and have not, NOR will I ever make any sort of profit from, I will very politely bid you a "good luck with that".
Old 04-30-11, 06:55 AM
flowrider
Lexus Champion

Received 1,933 Likes on 1,362 Posts

I have the ExtremeContact DW on my F. I went to the Tire Rack and Continental web sites after I read your post. I see no evidence that the tire is discontinued or that Tire Rack doesn't carry it anymore. The DW and DWS are relatively new lines of tires and very well rated and successful in the market place. I doubt they would be discounted this soon in their life span.

I do know however, that with that success, that some sizes are on national back order and are extremely hard to get.

Lou
Old 05-01-11, 09:43 PM
ebell
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I thought "authorized dealers" should work for the original company (Continental) as well since they are selling Continental's product.
As for the tires, two of the vendors mentioned that DWS' were discontinued... Maybe they lied..

I will be calling Continental and TireRack tomorrow. Crossing my fingers...
Old 05-01-11, 11:26 PM
JohnLX300
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

If Continental backs thier product, (which they should) then you shouldn't have an issue. I had four new dunlop tires put on my 1999 Lexus RX300. Two years later I moved out of state. Tires gave me issues since day one, I just got tired of going back and forth the the tire store to have my issue resolved. No one could get the tires balance correctly. So I called up Goodyear, dunlops main company, they told me to bring my car the Blacks Tire Service which was close to where I live now. I bought it there, had them balance the tires again and check the alignment again. All was in good order except for the balancing of the tires. They balanced them I took it out, 5 min later I was back. They guy went in the car with me, and I showed him the wobbling I was talking about. He then called up goodyear himself, got the ok to replace them with another goodyear brand tire and I would pay for only the treadlife I used on the tire. Very resonable I paid another $75 for even better tires. Goodyear held behind their product. I had no proof of purchase and no prior proof of the tires being blanced or my alginment being checked. I know this situtation is different from yours but I am hoping that continental will do something of the same for you as well.

Good Luck