IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

got hit twice in the rear bumper within one month..

Search this Thread

Old 05-08-11, 12:32 AM
hung8852
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default got hit twice in the rear bumper within one month..

the first hit happened on march 31st...i was going straight and the guy on the left basically turn right at the last minute to exit a ramp and turned right into my rear bumper(driver side corner bumper). went thru my insurance ,paid my deductible and now still trying to get money back from his insurance.

and now today, I stopped at a red light , couple of cars ahead of me. i stopped and within a few second , a chevrolet astro rammed right into my rear bumper. he tries to pay me off with just 200bucks..screw that, i cant even buy paint for 200. so i proceeded with a 911 call and got a police report. Now, Im thinking if i should go thru my insurance again or see if i can just go straight to his insurance. Think my insurance rate will go up? two accidents in a month..thats gonna raise some red flags on their end. eventhough both is not my fault, i still think I'll be penalized by the insurance company. I dont know what to do. any thoughts? i just have to get a police report..

thanks for any input..

FML..just cant catch a break these days...
Old 05-08-11, 01:12 AM
chris07is
Pole Position

Received 92 Likes on 66 Posts

i dont understand, its not your fault. Claim it on there insurance, besides you have the police report.
Old 05-08-11, 01:51 AM
Silkky
Lead Lap

Damn that sucks, hope you can get it resolved with your insurance.
Old 05-08-11, 05:09 AM
Bichon
Super Moderator

Received 270 Likes on 239 Posts

Originally Posted by hung8852
Now, Im thinking if i should go thru my insurance again or see if i can just go straight to his insurance. Think my insurance rate will go up?
All claims go into an NICB database that is available to the insurance industry and law enforcement and routinely reviewed at time of renewal; you can't hide a claim from your own company.

The fact that you weren't at fault in either accident means that it probably won't affect your rates or chances of renewal.
Old 05-08-11, 06:09 AM
hung8852
Pole Position

Originally Posted by Bichon
All claims go into an NICB database that is available to the insurance industry and law enforcement and routinely reviewed at time of renewal; you can't hide a claim from your own company.

The fact that you weren't at fault in either accident means that it probably won't affect your rates or chances of renewal.

cool..thats good to know! i kept reading online that even though it is not my fault, if i make too many claims in a short period of time the insurance would think that Im prone to accidents.which will eventually affect my rate. but either case..i think i should just submit my claim.
Old 05-08-11, 08:06 AM
bucwld12
Driver School Candidate

I would not think twice about going through the other persons insurance company espescially if you have the police report. On another note my mom has been in the insurance business for 25 years and even not at fault accidents will cause your rates to increase over time. It just takes longer for it to occur than if they were at fault acidents. Just so you know though most insurance companies do not pull you MVR "motor vehicle report" at every renewal. It is typically every 2 to 3 renewals unless you have reported several claims directly to them. Good luck. I hope every thing works out for you.
Old 05-08-11, 10:16 AM
Gville350

Received 434 Likes on 386 Posts

When someone rear-ended me and they knew they were 100% at fault, I only asked for their personal contact only and their insurance companies contact info. I never gave mine out. Their insurance paid for everything.
Old 05-08-11, 05:44 PM
hung8852
Pole Position

good to know guys..thanks for the info. Im going to go directly thru his insurance company first and see how that plays out. it should work out fine..if not, then i'll go thru my own insurance and let them deal with them and hoping i'll get my money back. I have videos,photos,and police report.

again, appreciate the help guys.

btw i did ask for his insurance info and personal info..but he would not give it to me because he was still dealing with another big accident with his insurance company. I was trying to work with him without having to deal with the cops. but he was just being too shady and will only cough up 200bucks for the damage.
Old 05-08-11, 09:21 PM
shadowman
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

200 bucks to fix a Lexus.. That guy must be thinking that you are in elementary school. He might as well give you candy instead.

You made the right move by involving the cops to get a police report and go through his insurance. The last thing you want is him turning the story around and pinning it on you. He may tell his insurance that you took the wrong exit and backed up on the ramp then hit him.
Old 05-09-11, 07:35 AM
Thinktwice
Pole Position

good to know guys..thanks for the info. Im going to go directly thru his insurance company first and see how that plays out. it should work out fine..if not, then i'll go thru my own insurance and let them deal with them and hoping i'll get my money back. I have videos,photos,and police report.

again, appreciate the help guys.

btw i did ask for his insurance info and personal info..but he would not give it to me because he was still dealing with another big accident with his insurance company. I was trying to work with him without having to deal with the cops. but he was just being too shady and will only cough up 200bucks for the damage.
I don't understand why you'd ever go through your own insurance company if it wasn't your fault and you have a police report!!
Old 05-09-11, 07:49 AM
hung8852
Pole Position

Originally Posted by Thinktwice
I don't understand why you'd ever go through your own insurance company if it wasn't your fault and you have a police report!!
well i was thinking it would be easier for them to deal with the other insurance company rather then me doing it on my own. but now that i think about it, it should be a easy case to handle.
Old 05-09-11, 08:28 AM
diablo1714
Driver

I would do it the same way you handled the first one. Get it fixed, and let your company pursue the $ to re-imburse you. No penalties for getting hit from behind at a stoplight. You can call your company first to verify this.
Old 05-09-11, 08:30 AM
Thinktwice
Pole Position

well i was thinking it would be easier for them to deal with the other insurance company rather then me doing it on my own. but now that i think about it, it should be a easy case to handle.
It's fairly easy to deal with the other insurance company. You'd just file a claim with them similar to how you'd do it with yours. All they'd need to let them know who was at fault is the police report which includes a code to clearly tell them.