IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

taking car in to do TSB carbon + recalls

Search this Thread

Old 10-26-11, 03:49 PM
Sango
Pole Position

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

If your car actually did go into cripple mode and throw error codes, that would be enough for them to be able to work on the car without replication as it would be stored.
Old 10-26-11, 03:53 PM
KillaIS250
Lexus Fanatic

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by birador
is this TSIB affects only 250's?
Yep. TSIB affects only the IS250.
Old 10-26-11, 05:00 PM
calvin2376
Racer

Originally Posted by KillaIS250
I wonder tho, is this covered up to 100k if you have the CPO warranty? I'm sure someone knows
Yes, it's covered by the CPO warranty.
Old 10-26-11, 05:08 PM
KillaIS250
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by calvin2376
Yes, it's covered by the CPO warranty.
Good to know, thanks
Old 10-26-11, 08:06 PM
birador
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yep. TSIB affects only the IS250.
so if i experience the same problem as the thread opener says,my IS350 will not cover with TSIB?
Old 10-27-11, 12:00 PM
rockinalex
Rookie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

thanks for the advise..
Old 10-27-11, 12:04 PM
calvin2376
Racer

Originally Posted by birador
so if i experience the same problem as the thread opener says,my IS350 will not cover with TSIB?
The carbon buildup TSIB describes a specific problem that only affects IS250s. This TSIB does not cover IS350s because the specific issue described within does not affect IS350s.
Old 10-27-11, 12:29 PM
g2bme
Pole Position

I've heard people get the carbon build up shake and go straight to the dealership for them to witness. I've only had it happen ONCE but when i went to the dealership for them to check it out, they said the car was fine and they were "not able to duplicate" the problem.

So unless they can duplicate the problem or it keeps happening to your IS, they don't service?
Old 10-27-11, 12:40 PM
calvin2376
Racer

Originally Posted by g2bme
I've heard people get the carbon build up shake and go straight to the dealership for them to witness. I've only had it happen ONCE but when i went to the dealership for them to check it out, they said the car was fine and they were "not able to duplicate" the problem.

So unless they can duplicate the problem or it keeps happening to your IS, they don't service?
I'd check the above-linked mega thread on this (this thread should really be merged with that one). All the information you could possibly need on this TSIB is located there, including a discussion on how to handle the problem of replicating for the dealer.
Old 10-27-11, 01:34 PM
kingster
Pole Position

Wait, wait!! Before you go to the dealer, make sure your car is almost on empty and needs a car was. You will get at least $75 worth of gas and car wash out of this whole thing. That's what I do before I take my car for any recall. I even have them wash my front matts and enjoy their complementary breakfast and massage chair.

Good luck on the rest of the issues
Old 10-27-11, 02:29 PM
birador
Lead Lap

The carbon buildup TSIB describes a specific problem that only affects IS250s. This TSIB does not cover IS350s because the specific issue described within does not affect IS350s.
aware of that,okay
Old 10-27-11, 02:56 PM
KillaIS250
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by kingster
Wait, wait!! Before you go to the dealer, make sure your car is almost on empty and needs a car was. You will get at least $75 worth of gas and car wash out of this whole thing. That's what I do before I take my car for any recall. I even have them wash my front matts and enjoy their complementary breakfast and massage chair.

Good luck on the rest of the issues
If you love your car, you'll never ever let the dealer wash your car. Lol your just asking for swirl marks having them run your car through the automatic wash. Members here have even had wheels scuffed, and i remember one case where a member posted he witnessed a tech drop a sponge in dirty water and then proceed to pick it up and continue washing the car.

Also i'd be weary of the gas, i prefer my car to always be filled up with 91 from Chevron or Shell. Some people aren't as picky, but i know a good deal of us are. You don't really know where they are taking your car for gas. If they fill up the gas, i ask where they get it from. I don't want some cheapo gas being filled in my Lexus lol.
Old 10-27-11, 03:07 PM
g2bme
Pole Position

I'd check the above-linked mega thread on this (this thread should really be merged with that one). All the information you could possibly need on this TSIB is located there, including a discussion on how to handle the problem of replicating for the dealer.
you mean this thread?

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/is-...hreads-37.html
Old 10-31-11, 04:51 PM
kingster
Pole Position

If you love your car, you'll never ever let the dealer wash your car. Lol your just asking for swirl marks having them run your car through the automatic wash. Members here have even had wheels scuffed, and i remember one case where a member posted he witnessed a tech drop a sponge in dirty water and then proceed to pick it up and continue washing the car.

Also i'd be weary of the gas, i prefer my car to always be filled up with 91 from Chevron or Shell. Some people aren't as picky, but i know a good deal of us are. You don't really know where they are taking your car for gas. If they fill up the gas, i ask where they get it from. I don't want some cheapo gas being filled in my Lexus lol.
I read your concern. I no longer have the passion nor the love for cars as I used to in the 80's.
I am past that stage/age. I trade cars almost every 4/5 years and swerls won't be my problem once I get rid of the car. Cars are cars and they are just material things for me now. The means of my car is for daily transportation now. I don't use it for car shows/show off down the boulevard anymore. By taking my car to get washed, I am just helping the economy/environment by keeping people employed and saving water.

I don't know about the gas they use but I figure, "if they fill up their loaners and company cars at the same pump, they sure won't use regular leaded for ours that come in for recalls." I don't think they would do that. We might eventually trade-in these cars and they would end up with the problems. They would do the same with any other fluids (cheap) they use when consumers take their cars for servicing. They have a reputation to maintain. That's the bottom line.
In addition to that, what exactly could happen if once, they use the middle grade gas for my car? I will fill up to premium some 300 miles down the road anyway. I went to Mexico 3 years ago and needed gas there. Their gas is not the best and I did notice the difference then but once I came to the states, everything was back to normal when added premium. Had no issues with dealer gasoline.
This is just my opinion. I understand yours.
I don't mind saving me about $75 every recall.

Keep up the good work keeping those nice rides looking awsome. We do enjoy them at carshows.
Old 11-29-11, 09:22 PM
jtmoney21
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by panda327
so i'm taking my car in to do some recalls and TSB carbon build up..
i have a f sport intake.. would it be a good idea to put the stock back in ? .. and also i haven't been servicing the dealership last oil change .. will they try to relate the rough idles to that ?
Hey just curious which dealership you took your IS to, and did they fix the problem? Ive noticed mine shaking at a stop reving below idle.

TIA

Quick Reply: taking car in to do TSB carbon + recalls