IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

so mad..nextmod vertex....and looking for opinions

Search this Thread

Old 05-26-11, 12:24 PM
imports4me
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default so mad..nextmod vertex....and looking for opinions

sorry guys, i think i read somewhere in a post that someone knew or was able to get a good deal on the nextmod rep vertex kits for the 2010 model IS. can someone guide me that way..

Im so mad right now. please give me your thoughts on what you think i should do..

i spents months deciding what lip kit to put on, then i spent months saving while searching for the right vendor to go to....after researching i go to one of our vendors here because alot of the members here said good things about them and because the price was right. so i bit the bullet and spent the money on the real deal kit. from start seems everything was going well. all i had to do and send in the money and wait until the next container (was told 2-3 weeks) its been a month and a half now and i keep getting its not here yet, just wait a few more days/weeks. then last i talked to them they say the container arrive but i have been shorted the sides and that the next container is unknown but probaly 2-3 months and that he can give me the front and rears and give me seibon carbon sides....and that i can just color match it. i sad no because thats is not what i originally wanted and even if i do i dont think that would look or even be good in future.

so today i figure i call vertex usa to see what is going on or see if i can get help. the president tells me something that i didnt want to hear and that i dont think i should share do to that fact that im respecting people and their businesses. he also tells me that i have no choice but to 1. wait 2-3 months for next container or 2. pay for a air shipment of the sides and that takes 2 weeks and would cost apprx $800....hell no....there is no way im forking out that.

im a nice guy but this is making me so mad. im getting the **** end of the stick on this. for me to wait any longer i'll pretty miss out on enjoying the summer with this add on. i really dont know what to do...

can i hear some thoughts on this. here is what im thinking my options are.

1. take the front and rears for now and wait for the next container to get the sides (2-3 months)

2. take the front and rear and like the vendor said take the seibon carbon sides and paint it

3. take the front and rears and get the money back for the sides and go find a used real or even go find a repsides

4. just take all money back and go get the full rep kits. (i read that nextmod's vertex 2010 model fits pretty good)

5. or just take the money back and just wait for someone to sell a full kits shipped to me.

i really dont want to get reps, but i really dont want to wait anylonger then another 2 weeks for the real stuff. plus even if i take the money back and go to another vendor im not sure if i can get a good price. also the president of vertex says even other vendors wont have this in stock. so ill have to wait anyways

Im not trying to get anyone in trouble or give any one of our vendors ****. i just as a customer who paid in full and waited 2 months now, just want and still waiting for my product. so if you read this and you are that vendor im sorry but this is the problems all this has cause. im sure you are great people and your company is great but my case with you is just wrong.

so angry, what are your thoughts and what would you do.
Old 05-26-11, 01:00 PM
Stevoe88
Lead Lap

Just get the rep kit man. They fit okay, and especially if you your car looking pretty for the summer, it's a good alternative. Just my 2 cents.
Old 05-26-11, 01:12 PM
johnnyboy
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Jdm parts always take a long time. Sometimes the shipping is unpredictable and there can be lots of delays. If it's your first time ordering jdm parts I can understand your frustration. But please know that this is normal. I've waited up to 8 months for Volk wheels that were advertised as 3-4 months wait. They don't ship out containers until they fill a whole container of orders. Because it's not worth it to just ship 2 bodykits don't you think?

I say.. Just wait and get the real deal
Old 05-26-11, 01:15 PM
laobo979
Lead Lap

Received 70 Likes on 50 Posts

I say if you got the money and willing to wait get the real deal. As for me i went with the rep vertex causing living in the North East and im happy with it.
Old 05-26-11, 01:32 PM
steezy
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by johnnyboy
Jdm parts always take a long time. Sometimes the shipping is unpredictable and there can be lots of delays. If it's your first time ordering jdm parts I can understand your frustration. But please know that this is normal. I've waited up to 8 months for Volk wheels that were advertised as 3-4 months wait. They don't ship out containers until they fill a whole container of orders. Because it's not worth it to just ship 2 bodykits don't you think?

this is very true. just wait for it. its already on order
Old 05-26-11, 02:11 PM
quang
Lexus Test Driver

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

FYI, nextmod side skirts do not come with pre-drilled holes
Old 05-26-11, 02:42 PM
Sffd103
Fire Slayer

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Get what they have and either wait for the sides or buy some Wald sides that are for sale in the classifieds on get GFX sides. I bought the real deal and love it. Don't settle for Seibon(ugly/cheap). It's not what you want!!
Old 05-26-11, 02:46 PM
Robs IS250
Lexus Fanatic

Yeah dont settle for Seibon like this guy ^^^ said! </3 lmao
Old 05-26-11, 03:12 PM
2wne47
Rookie

I say go for the replica. I myself got my jp kit and wald spoiler rep and they fit pretty good. I sleep well every night knowing I saved money and others didnt
Old 05-26-11, 03:16 PM
imports4me
Pole Position

Originally Posted by steezy
this is very true. just wait for it. its already on order
Originally Posted by johnnyboy

im not telling you guys everything because im trying to avoid bashing a vendor. i know what you mean by the above statement, but in my case i ordered 2 months ago was told from day 1 it would be on the next container (2 weeks) finally the last container arrived and they say im shorted the sides. i call vertex usa today and the president tells me there was no order for anything from the vendor and nothing he can do other then waiting 2-3 months for the next container....
Old 05-26-11, 03:19 PM
imports4me
Pole Position

im just upset im getting the bottom end on this and also that i can't enjoy the whole summer with this add on. i live in wisconsin and i only drive in the summer which is like 5 months of the year.
Old 05-26-11, 03:52 PM
MashinA
Lexus Champion

Ive had the nextmod vertex rep and if u take it to a good body shop it'll come out looking and fitting like the real deal. Just get ur auth front and rear and get the nextmod sides. Or keep an eye on the classifieds section
Old 05-26-11, 03:56 PM
Likwid XTC
Lead Lap

Get your money back ppl are selling there vertex left n right and I'm sure you can one piece one together in the classifieds right now I'm not mistaken
Old 05-26-11, 04:03 PM
Likwid XTC
Lead Lap

There's a full kit for sale right now I just looked
Old 05-26-11, 05:07 PM
smokyis350
Lexus Champion

Just get the kit from Nextmod. No point waiting 6 month+ when you can get it in few weeks for a fraction of the cost.

Quick Reply: so mad..nextmod vertex....and looking for opinions