IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

Worst dealership story

Search this Thread

Old 05-28-11, 08:11 PM
HAYSTACK
Pole Position

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

I'll get over it...I left without a car. As much as Id like to crack skulls, I plan on making a few phone calls. I doubt anything will come of it, but well see.
Old 05-28-11, 08:13 PM
HAYSTACK
Pole Position

Originally Posted by Cartune
36k for a is250, seems a lil over price even with the package. i might be wrong. sorry to hear that. keep searching, be patience, it will pay off. took me 2-3 months to wait for the right car
I think standard base price is 33k and the car with options was 35, 559 + a 600 docking fee.
Old 05-28-11, 08:29 PM
felixsc300
Lexus Test Driver

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by nastyemu
Call lexus corporate and dob them in
This. Ranting on a forum won't do any good. Call Lexus Corporate directly and explain your situation, putting emphasis on how you drove 2.5-hrs to pick up the vehicle and the check has proper documentation. I'd also recommend Yelp, but a quick search indicated Lexus of South Atlanta has zero reviews. You could be the first to review and slap a one-star rating. To top it off, you could write a letter to the manager of the dealership explaining your disappointment, the actions you have taken, and how you will ensure others will hear of your experience as long as you're alive.

Good luck, and I hope you'll have a 2011 IS in your driveway very soon.
Old 05-28-11, 08:47 PM
HAYSTACK
Pole Position

I left feedback on yelp.
Old 05-28-11, 09:00 PM
MashinA
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ok so let me get this straight...you proved to them that the check is legit, but at that point they figured you're already pissed and if they let you buy the car you would give them a bad score on a survey?? is that the case?
Old 05-28-11, 09:10 PM
HAYSTACK
Pole Position

Originally Posted by MashinA
ok so let me get this straight...you proved to them that the check is legit, but at that point they figured you're already pissed and if they let you buy the car you would give them a bad score on a survey?? is that the case?
Yes that is correct. Considering I had the vice president go to the bank and fax all that in. I live in a small town and went to school with him so it wasnt a big deal to him but I was frustrated I had to go that far but understood why the dealership questioned the check.
Old 05-28-11, 09:26 PM
ddhleigh
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Total fail on the dealership... Sorry to hear of your bad experience.
Old 05-28-11, 09:36 PM
HAYSTACK
Pole Position

yes I was mad, im sure I wasnt the only person who ever got mad there. I was still willing to buy the car after this,.....the vice president got mad as well when the General manager called him. I directed him to the banks website which has him listed and his buisiness license was faxed as well. He told me he lost it on the phone with the Gen manager.

Last edited by HAYSTACK; 05-28-11 at 09:42 PM.
Old 05-29-11, 12:06 AM
Wunko
Racer

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by HAYSTACK
Im ranting here mostly but wouldnt you guys be pissed? Drive 2.5 hours in ATL traffic.. Your spending 36k and have somebody tell you this? Hell I even got insurance on the car while I was there.
Yes, I would be really upset especially if the dealership was far away like yours.

I would definitely let Lexus know about this especially since you tried to get all the proof that they requested. I hope you one day find your perfect 2011 IS around at another dealership, man.
Old 05-29-11, 03:26 AM
Micaiah

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Seems like you and your bank manager did all that you could to prove to them the check was legit. It's as if unless you walked in there with cash you weren't going to get the car.

Hiding the car on inventory is ridiculous. They are probably fully aware of how they treated you once the bank manager called them and I bet the realized later that everything was in order. Seems to me they are hiding the fact you were even there by hiding the car, that way they can deny the fact that you had this issue, IN CASE you were to call corporate.

Hoping you have some kind of paperwork from them as proof. I wouldn't let them get away with this. This cost you and your bank manager time, money and agony.
Old 05-29-11, 03:30 AM
306and277
Driver School Candidate

How old are you? This kinda **** happens to me all the time, me being 18 and all. No one takes you seriously, and they think they can take advantage of you. Like Micaiah said, DON'T let them get away with bull**** like this. That is just ridiculous.
Old 05-29-11, 05:41 AM
Devorkion
Driver

I think the manager of this dealership is slighlty space cadet.

1. Why in the world would you deny a sale, and then make your primary exscuse that you do not want a negative survey - I THINK HE HAS GUARANTEED THAT NOW.
In addition, I think most of us here, if we got the deal we wanted, would ignore the petty bull**** that happened and start enjoying the car.

2. Is this dealership new to selling cars ? I have bought 3 cars from dealers with only a phone call with my buddy at the bank
Old 05-29-11, 05:43 AM
Devorkion
Driver

Damn Android,

Basically, all I did was have the dealership's finance guy discuss the rate and loan amount with my bank, and I drove the car off the lot !

Was your bank out of state?
Old 05-29-11, 05:46 AM
Devorkion
Driver

Just read, the bank was in town.
Old 05-29-11, 07:11 AM
Silver10
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Call lexus corporate and explain your situation then review this dealership to the BBB and there goes their survey review.

Quick Reply: Worst dealership story