IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

Any good cheap wheels?

Search this Thread

Old 05-31-11 | 09:06 PM
KillaIS250
Lexus Fanatic

1000-1300 WITH tires is not gonna happen if you want something that is gonna be aftermarket and even a bit decent. Even if you buy cheap tires and they cost you about $500, your looking at $500-$800 for a set of 4....and quality wheels are not gonna be in that range. I suggest you save a bit more, buy some Linea Corse wheels or something...they are about $1300 w/o tires if you want a decent wheel that wont break the bank

I know your worried about bending nice wheels but here's the thing:

If you buy cheap wheels, they will only bed faster/worse. You'll spend more money probably buying cheap replacement wheels cuz they bend all the time, then if you had just bought some quality wheels that are much less likely to bend.

Save some cash, buy some good wheels, some good tires, and be you'll be happy you waited!
Old 05-31-11 | 09:08 PM
Sffd103
Fire Slayer

I'd say the things you want aren't entirely possible. While you can get cheap wheels, they may not be the best quality. That being said, I don't think they're gonna fall apart just cause you drive a long distance/bad roads. While I was a college student I had ok wheels and now that I'm an old may I have $5K wheels. So, get what you like and don't worry so much that you can't afford 3K wheels. You'll have plenty of cars in your future.
Old 05-31-11 | 09:19 PM
UtoyZ
Lexus Test Driver

i personally don't support knockoffs so I'd suggest going with USED but authentic set of wheels. if you were local I'd sell you my Work wheels for dirt cheap. good luck.
Old 05-31-11 | 09:29 PM
johnny.h
Rookie

Originally Posted by sleekbrian
I believe there has to be some bang for your buck wheels! And more like going out to the city, that makes my wallet thinner

too expensive

Yea ive been looking into them, are they strong enough though?

I like the CF5 more, but still too expensive lol over my budget without tires
I would be careful if I were you. I was in the market for some Linea Corse until I google them. Their wheels are well known for cracking.

M3forum.net:

-1 of the wheels have a small crack on them that can be repaired (does not hold air)
-1 wheel has a small crack but still holds air (but can also be repaired)
-1 wheel had a crack and is repaired and works perfectly (no bends no cracks)
-1 wheel is in perfect condition (perfect as in no cracks no bends)

Zilvia.net

19" Staggered Linea Corse LeMans

SPECS...
Hyper Silver / Polished Lip
19x8.5 (15) 5x114.3
19x10 (20) 5x114.3 ( 1 wheel has a minor crack on the inner lip due to a blow out that i couldnt prevent and for that i will bring to get professionally fixed)

m5 board:

-One of the rear wheels is cracked in 2 places. One of these cracks causes the tire to slowly lose air pressure.
-One of the front wheels has some grime that seems to be underneath the clear coat. I was able to scrape some off with a fingernail but it also took off the finish on the wheel.

Even one on our own forum:

Only problem is a few curb rashes which are barely noticeable, and the right rear wheel has a hairline crack. I can get it repaired but dont feel like going through the hassle. if buyer wants to negotiate i could probably fix it for a good price before you buy it.

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/whe...r-vouched.html

There is probably 50 more on the list. But you get the point...
Old 05-31-11 | 09:45 PM
KillaIS250
Lexus Fanatic

^ Damn! I didn't know Linea Corse cracked like that! Nvm my previous post, just save for some Volks
Old 05-31-11 | 09:55 PM
llamaboiz
Lexus Fanatic

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BJeFB6SRslk
Old 05-31-11 | 09:58 PM
sleekbrian
Lexus Test Driver

Thanks guys, i had a feeling everyone was gonna act like this... I just thought that maybe there would be some good deals out there /:

whether i get them or not im gonna go look at my local wheel dealer, which has high end and low end wheels.

just curious has anyone have an opinion on rotas? these look decent http://www.wheeldude.com/catalog/pro...oducts_id=1015

opinions?
Old 05-31-11 | 09:59 PM
sleekbrian
Lexus Test Driver

haha i saw that vid before and i was UGHH!
Old 05-31-11 | 10:02 PM
KillaIS250
Lexus Fanatic

Thanks guys, i had a feeling everyone was gonna act like this... I just thought that maybe there would be some good deals out there /:

whether i get them or not im gonna go look at my local wheel dealer, which has high end and low end wheels.

just curious has anyone have an opinion on rotas? these look decent http://www.wheeldude.com/catalog/pro...oducts_id=1015

opinions?
Google "Rota Fail" lol

http://www.google.com/search?um=1&hl...i=g10&aql=&oq=
Old 05-31-11 | 10:08 PM
projectdna
Lexus Fanatic

those rota's look like SSR type C replicas.

as with all replicas, "just say no."
Old 05-31-11 | 10:09 PM
sleekbrian
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by KillaIS250
damn.... ok so are there any other wheels on the same level as linea corse? it seems like thats what you guys consider the cheapest option to get decent wheels.
Old 05-31-11 | 10:52 PM
Alias
Lexus Champion

Honestly I would save up a little bit more to a budget of at least 2k or 2.5k for wheels plus tires. You can find more decent rims at that price range. Yah it might take longer to get your wheels but I don't think you'll regret it. Some good rim choices at that range are xxr's, tsw's, and Linea corse.
Old 06-01-11 | 06:49 PM
sleekbrian
Lexus Test Driver

I think im gonna save up to buy Linea Course 818. Ive been looking through some threads and they look nice. Are they good quality? I heard they are the same manufacturers that make rota, which you guys said are not good.

Opinions?
Old 06-01-11 | 06:55 PM
llamaboiz
Lexus Fanatic

...I heard they are the same manufacturers that make rota, which you guys said are not good...
you heard wrong.
Old 06-01-11 | 07:11 PM
sleekbrian
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by llamaboiz
you heard wrong.
o thats a relief
so are they good enough to put on my lexus in your opinion?

Quick Reply: Any good cheap wheels?