IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

Need a reliable transport company, recommendation?

Search this Thread

Old 06-08-11, 01:25 PM
rac2max
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Need a reliable transport company, recommendation?

Hey guys,

I'm transporting my car from MD to OR. Does anyone use one before that they have good impression? Any reply is appreciated. Include contact if you can

Thanks,
Old 06-08-11, 01:55 PM
StpdSavant
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

http://www.transportreviews.com/

I obviously went with #1, but since they also own several other companies, I was redirected to one of their subsidies (not #1, but still high nonetheless). I had a generally good experience.

The only disappointment, which was not really the company's fault, was that all of the reviews raved about how they got their car picked up one or two days after calling and then arriving less than a week after pickup. In my case it actually took them 5 days to find a truck and another two days after that for the truck to arrive at the dealer I was buying from to pick it up. The company was always honest and up front about their time lines (they'll tell you that it takes about 1-7 days to find a truck), but just from reading reviews I was hoping I could be among the many that had a very quick turnaround on having my car delivered.
Old 06-08-11, 01:59 PM
Gville350

Received 434 Likes on 386 Posts

Go online and look around, get quotes from the companies, etc...but whatever you do, don't give out your info to one of those random sites that gives your info out to a bunch of companies. You'll end up getting phone calls and text msgs for weeks! Your individual experience will depend fully on the truck operator, as I believe they handle the loading/paperwork/travel/unloading of the vehicle from A to B. So what I'm saying is that if someone had a good experience with company A, you could very well have a bad experience...just depends on the driver.

Weigh the costs of the transport versus taking a fun summer road trip too!
Old 06-08-11, 02:11 PM
rac2max
Driver

Originally Posted by Gville350
Weigh the costs of the transport versus taking a fun summer road trip too!
> $4 gas price ((
Old 06-08-11, 02:12 PM
rac2max
Driver

Originally Posted by StpdSavant
http://www.transportreviews.com/

I obviously went with #1, but since they also own several other companies, I was redirected to one of their subsidies (not #1, but still high nonetheless). I had a generally good experience.

The only disappointment, which was not really the company's fault, was that all of the reviews raved about how they got their car picked up one or two days after calling and then arriving less than a week after pickup. In my case it actually took them 5 days to find a truck and another two days after that for the truck to arrive at the dealer I was buying from to pick it up. The company was always honest and up front about their time lines (they'll tell you that it takes about 1-7 days to find a truck), but just from reading reviews I was hoping I could be among the many that had a very quick turnaround on having my car delivered.
I checked out that site too. However, I would like a clublexus fellow who personally use any company to recommend one
Old 06-08-11, 02:21 PM
ISF4life
Lexus Test Driver

Received 164 Likes on 116 Posts

i used to worked for summer job for Alexander moving company u might want to check them out ......
Old 06-24-11, 09:27 PM
alegz
Driver School Candidate

The majority of transport companies listed on TransportReviews are brokers, even if they are rated high they are not likely to be the ones hauling the car. MD to OR is not a terribly difficult lane and would likely run about $1200. The actual auto transport companies rarely advertise, and some of the best companies usually work with the dealers and auctions.
Old 06-25-11, 01:04 AM
DryEye
Pole Position

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

I've heard and read good things about "Intercity Lines, INC." but it might be pretty pricey
Here is there contact info:

http://www.intercitylines.com/

Intercity Lines, Inc.
552 Old West Brookfield Rd | Warren, MA 01083
Phone: 1-800-221-3936 | Fax:1-413-436-9422
E-Mail: info@intercitylines.com
Old 06-25-11, 05:47 AM
cb804
Driver

I used Intercity about 5-6 years ago. They deliver a lot of high-end cars in enclosed trailers. A little pricey but the car arrived perfect and the driver kept me informed about arrival time.

Check out a porsche or ferrari forum and you can find some good reviews of them.