crazybuggy
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

entertaining video. car looks siiick
Old 06-28-11, 03:45 PM
Sffd103
Fire Slayer

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Joe, first off awesome video! Some people may not get the point or "randomness" of the video, but it's very creative! You cover every aspect of the show and your daughter. I got 'It" right from the beginning. Love the shots of my car inside the dealer! Love your work.
Old 06-28-11, 05:30 PM
MyIS350G
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Great job Joe. Im finally in your video!
Old 06-28-11, 07:27 PM
swtjlsy
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Great video.
Old 06-28-11, 07:32 PM
rcracer
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

do you do weddings?
Old 06-28-11, 08:08 PM
Pyramid
Driver

^ Oh my god...if he can turn an ordinary car show into pure entertainment. I can only imagine how great he will make a wedding video.

I couldn't wait to watch this video when my husband said I'm going to like it. I don't like this video, I LOVE IT!!!

You are not only great at what you do, your dedication showed you're a great father as well. And showing your sensitive side is sooo sexy. Blowing you another kiss.

Thank you for sharing with us Dex.
Old 06-28-11, 09:50 PM
DenIS250
Pole Position

cool video. whats that music in the background. sounds nice
Old 06-29-11, 12:14 PM
Dexterr
Lead Lap

Once again, I’m so overwhelmed with all your comments. Thank you so much!

You don't have to read below...I know it's long, but I felt you guys deserve to know a little about me now.

I’ve been away (cameras in storage) for over 8yrs. And something personal about us. Our first child past away, and it was tough for me to continue my passion thereafter. I told myself, if ever we’re blessed with a second child, I will make sure all my time, and energy goes towards her/him. Eight yrs. later, she said “Dad, it’s ok to pick-up where you left off…that’s your passion. And you even told me, don't stop doing something that makes you smile.”

Having said that, this was the hardest video I have ever done. Because my goal was to please only one person, my daughter.

Well after my daughter, along with the most beautiful, unselfish wife, best friend, and greatest mother in the world watched the video. They hugged me, and my daughter cried, and said, “I love you so much Dad.”

Now I truly know the feeling of accomplishment. I can stop filming now, and have the greatest feeling ever. But with my family’s support, along with some of my friends at Club Lexus, and around the world now, I will definitely continue to make short films, or at least until time permits.

Thanks again everyone!

On a separate note: As much as I wanted to include every car from the show, it was impossible. I had to pick the right shots (setting, color, etc), and NOT the best looking cars. Because at HustleandKicks we are not about putting the best looking cars on videos, we’re about making our audience (you guys) smile, laugh, and maybe even shed a tear.

Someone ask about wedding videos, and background music.
I’ve done wedding videos. But due to the confidentiality of my clients, I will not be able to share…so sorry.

The background music is by Jim Brickman (I’m his #1 fan btw), and what a coincidence, the title of his music is “Reflection”.
Old 06-29-11, 12:55 PM
JoshIS408
- - G T V I P - -

Received 119 Likes on 45 Posts

AWESOME VIDEO Joe! Love all the transitions, the theme, everything. Keep on doing what your doing! Really enjoy all of your videos. This ones my favorite so far :P
Old 06-29-11, 12:58 PM
fuzzzz
Lexus Test Driver

Very nice video. I enjoyed it
Old 06-29-11, 02:06 PM
Dexterr
Lead Lap

Thanks again guys!! I've done a lot of films, this is my favorite as well.

:
Originally Posted by JoshIS408
AWESOME VIDEO Joe! Love all the transitions, the theme, everything. Keep on doing what your doing! Really enjoy all of your videos. This ones my favorite so far :P
Josh, if you haven't yet, you should show this video to your family. I featured you, because you deserve to shine as well.

At your young age, you act better than most adults I know and met. I witnessed your hard work and dedication at the 2 car shows I attended and filmed. Many young and old guys were envious of your car, but at the same time, I want to let them know you appreciate and respect what is given to you and worked hard for.

See you again real soon.

-Joe

Last edited by Dexterr; 06-29-11 at 02:11 PM.
Old 06-29-11, 02:27 PM
GiantsFan
Lexus Fanatic

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Great video Joe! ..... The dolly really let you get some great shots! I think this video is the best so far.... Wish I was in it haha!
Old 06-29-11, 02:55 PM
Dexterr
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by GiantsFan
Great video Joe! ..... The dolly really let you get some great shots! I think this video is the best so far.... Wish I was in it haha!
Thanks Raj! I was going to put your car in the video - "Again". But I said, "I don't want to spoil this guy too much." hahaha I even had Radiokilla (Michael) strike a post...but the shots just didn't look right...so next time guys.

We occupied 24GB of memory space as well. I know you are into filming, so you know thats roughly 18hrs+ (none stop) frame by frame review. THEN!! you go to the editing mode, and watch your eyes turn to stone. But of course, always fun and worth it.
Old 06-29-11, 04:19 PM
GiantsFan
Lexus Fanatic

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts
Talking

Originally Posted by Dexterr
Thanks Raj! I was going to put your car in the video - "Again". But I said, "I don't want to spoil this guy too much." hahaha I even had Radiokilla (Michael) strike a post...but the shots just didn't look right...so next time guys.

We occupied 24GB of memory space as well. I know you are into filming, so you know thats roughly 18hrs+ (none stop) frame by frame review. THEN!! you go to the editing mode, and watch your eyes turn to stone. But of course, always fun and worth it.
Haha yeah, I defiantly know what editing mode is!!! Been there one too may times lol. One moment is 9pm, and the next it's 3am! Time just seems to fly when I edit, but it's definatly worth it in the end!

My motto: it's all in the editing

Oh, and I got to try out fcpx... It sucks. . Gonna keep using final cut 7.
Old 06-29-11, 06:20 PM
Pyramid
Driver

Thank you for sharing your family story with us. We're glad to know you're back to what you do best.

Your talent and creativity is a gift. It's not something you can learn from school or buy from a local store. Embrace it my friend, and treasure it forever.

We love you man!

Steve and Rachele

Quick Reply: Official Video "Club Lexus at BOS7" [by hustleandkicks]