IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

DPU Paddle Shift Unit - Need Japanese Translator Please :)

Search this Thread

Old 06-29-11 | 02:07 PM
JoshIS408
- - G T V I P - -

Default DPU Paddle Shift Unit - Need Japanese Translator Please :)

Recently Came across this? I actually have no idea what this does. If someone could translate this from Japanese to English, i would really appreciate it. Google did a horrible job hahaha Here is the website

http://arttech.free.makeshop.jp/shop...0000001/order/

"DPU Plus" instantaneous operation remains in place at the D range paddle shift lever mounted by the "S" and can be operated by paddle shifts to select the range.

Features:
You can do so without shifting Speedy Release the handle,
You can use the original function to fully paddle shift lever is released from troublesome operations.
The automatic features a rich return "S" can be experienced naturally feel a sense of routine and manual without the convenience of the D range, particularly status conscious choice of the range.

Automatic recovery:
"S" range from "D" returned to the range is + the + or minus about 1 second or paddle - even under the following conditions are automatically done by pulling both paddles at the same time the "D" returned to the range .

①. If you want to stop waiting for the light, etc., from the driving conditions over 20Km / h mph - Do the Paddle "S" to use engine braking in stop-range (less than 5Km / h per hour)
Automatically if the "D" returned to the range.

②. Such as corners and intersections - Do the Paddle "S" then use the engine brake in deceleration range, if the automatic re-acceleration in the "D" returned to the range.

③. Faster than driving at 85Km / h speed, and etc. before running to catch up with the car - if you slowed down Do the paddle
Automatically when you travel at constant speed and then the "D" returned to the range.
Automatically even when traveling at a constant speed and then decelerates as it accelerated again after the "D" returned to the range.

④. - The paddle control "S" if you select the range "S" after about 1 second over the range selection - ② 引Ki続Keru by the paddle, you can choose to disable the hold mode for automatic recovery ③.
Hold mode is selected and "Pee ♪" will be charged sound.

※. Automatic recovery is not a guarantee that there is no work in all conditions.

Answer back function:
"DPU Plus" the ability to let you know if you answer back by the sound made by a range switch.
The paddle control "S" range is selected and "beep" sound will know the answer back.
The prolonged or automatic recovery + paddle "D" range when we return to "beep! Beep" sound will know the answer back.

In answer-back mode will answer back by pulling the + paddle about 1 second or more.
- Will answer back with no mode pulling both paddles simultaneously +.
※. In the initial state of the IG-on mode is no answer back.

Mounting us:
The product is supplied with detailed installation instructions for vehicles only.
Since the mounting can be done basically in the coupler ON,
Genuine process of wiring a vehicle can be mounted without the need was genuine and natural.

"DPU Plus" range by switching function can not put a strain on the engine and transmission unit by attaching the vehicle because there is no genuine use features.
Old 06-29-11 | 03:51 PM
somatic
Rookie

when you shift in sport mode, it makes the car beep ....
Old 06-29-11 | 04:07 PM
JoshIS408
- - G T V I P - -

^ Thats it?
Old 06-29-11 | 06:12 PM
SCWB
Lexus Test Driver

Since you have a 2010 MY already, the gear control system has already been improved over that of the 06-08. I don't think you need it or risk playing with it.
Old 06-29-11 | 06:48 PM
Sffd103
Fire Slayer

I wonder if this is similar to the Tom's shifter thing.
Old 06-29-11 | 07:21 PM
JDKane527
Lexus Champion
CL Folding 25,000

Originally Posted by Sffd103
I wonder if this is similar to the Tom's shifter thing.
Tom's reverses the way you pull. Originally to shift up, you push forward, and downshift is pull towards you. With it installed you shift up by pulling towards you. That's about it.