ChuckIS350
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

New 2012 lights? Well dang haha
Old 08-27-12, 05:33 AM
mikesoc27
Driver School Candidate

Default Would you believe the bubbling has started on my 2012 headlamps? I am shocked and in

Update! I was org. the one who had my first IS 250 bought back because it was deemed a lemon by state law. I now have a 2011 IS 250 f-sport as a replacement and have now had my head lamps replaced 6 times and am going on to # 7. I purchased the car out at the end of my lease term in good faith that lexus said they had quote un quote made the fix and the new 2012 headlamps with the black semi gloss coating was the fix well not more than a month of so of having the "FIX" in. The "FIX" has gone bad and has done the same thing on both driver and pass. sides. I called lexus corp to fill them in on the issue and got put directly to the customer service supervisor because the girl I was working with seemed to not know what more she could do for me. I explained to lexus that at some point my factory warranty would run out and I would be left stuck footing the bill for new head lights. Still to this day It bugs me that lexus wont own up to there being an issue with the masses of 2011 and 12 headlights and make a fix and take care of it.The other side of me knows the business side of it and knows that this would require a mass recall on all headlamps effected by this issue and cost lexus a good sum of money. So at this point I am waiting on new lights to come into the dealer to be replaced for the 7th time. Also waiting on Lexus to see what sort of assistance then can offer me as by law this car i currently have could be deemed a lemon as well. If anyone has any questions PM me Id be happy to help.

Last edited by mikesoc27; 08-27-12 at 05:36 AM.
Old 08-27-12, 10:45 AM
nosurprise
Racer

Received 76 Likes on 61 Posts

Originally Posted by mikesoc27
I now have a 2011 IS 250 f-sport as a replacement and have now had my head lamps replaced 6 times and am going on to # 7. I explained to lexus that at some point my factory warranty would run out and I would be left stuck footing the bill for new head lights.
Why are you replacing it so many times? For the bubble defect? The newest 2012 headlights are also bad, so there really is no reason to replace it with another bad one. Wait until Lexus come up with another fix; your warranty lasts 4 years so no need to keep replacing bad headlights with another set of bad headlights. I'm holding off on buy a set of 2012 HID headlights since that would only have 1 year warranty.
Still to this day It bugs me that lexus wont own up to there being an issue with the masses of 2011 and 12 headlights and make a fix and take care of it.The other side of me knows the business side of it and knows that this would require a mass recall on all headlamps effected by this issue and cost lexus a good sum of money.
Lexus release a TSB for the issue. Is the dealership charging you for all these 7 replacements in a year?
Old 09-27-12, 04:02 PM
toky916
Pole Position

Originally Posted by ChuckIS350
New 2012 lights? Well dang haha
Yea I just picked up a 2012 isf and I saw this post and checked and surely they have the bubble affect just disappointing
Old 10-03-12, 10:36 AM
nonford
Rookie

Well, I caught this thread and just dropped my 11 ISF off. Dont know if they got them in stock, so we'll see. The drivers side was wrinkled and not the passanger side. After reading mikesoc27 post, I reckon I should of just lived with it until maybe another hardware upgrade version appears. I didn't even know the wrinkle was there until reading this thread. Oh well....
Old 10-04-12, 07:44 AM
Gymniac
Lexus Test Driver

I see the bubbles again on my replaced headlights. I'm just gonna wait until they come up with another fix.
Old 10-04-12, 09:12 AM
RDIS250AWD
Lead Lap

Received 91 Likes on 38 Posts

as I posted in the 2012 headlights bubbling thread the best solution is to just open the headlights and sand down the housing and repaint it yourself.
Old 10-06-12, 09:30 PM
nonford
Rookie

Well, they gave me new ones. I'll see how these hold up.
Old 10-07-12, 11:33 PM
toky916
Pole Position

Well just an update I took my new isf 12 only 4k miles and I had it bad . They gave me a loner car and checked my brakes and headlights and my door panel came a little loose From my window tint guy they removed the panel when putting the tint on and messed it up saying it was like that they said they took Pictures and send it to the factory and will contact me in about a week about the headlights.
Old 10-16-12, 03:58 PM
infate
Pole Position

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Well...... the past week I've been telling my dealership about the headlight tsb and its parts department said the specific parts did no exist anymore. My service agent called Lexus for me and he told me that Lexus has stopped doing this blah blah blah. We'd only be replacing the one headlight that you have bubbling and it won't be the 2012 headlights that are brighter w/ eyelashes. Would the same situation happen if I go to another dealership? I didn't know there was an expiration date on a tsb... -_____-
Old 10-16-12, 04:36 PM
kim0217
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by infate
Well...... the past week I've been telling my dealership about the headlight tsb and its parts department said the specific parts did no exist anymore. My service agent called Lexus for me and he told me that Lexus has stopped doing this blah blah blah. We'd only be replacing the one headlight that you have bubbling and it won't be the 2012 headlights that are brighter w/ eyelashes. Would the same situation happen if I go to another dealership? I didn't know there was an expiration date on a tsb... -_____-
where did u go? just print out the TSBI sheet show them to another dealership, I know doin it in serramonte wont be a problem
Old 10-16-12, 09:40 PM
infate
Pole Position

Originally Posted by kim0217
where did u go? just print out the TSBI sheet show them to another dealership, I know doin it in serramonte wont be a problem
I went to Putnam Lexus since I got the car there. I'll go and give serramonte a try and if not, I'll pm Magnussen.

Was really hoping to get the 2012's since it's "bluer" than the 2011's.

Oh and I did print out the TSIB. He was like, oh wow you printed it out too? lol..
Old 10-16-12, 09:44 PM
nosurprise
Racer

Received 76 Likes on 61 Posts

haha, well, at least he was impressed with your efforts.
Old 11-06-12, 01:02 PM
yammy
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by infate
I went to Putnam Lexus since I got the car there. I'll go and give serramonte a try and if not, I'll pm Magnussen.

Was really hoping to get the 2012's since it's "bluer" than the 2011's.

Oh and I did print out the TSIB. He was like, oh wow you printed it out too? lol..
That's strange. Today, I took my 2011 IS350 into the Stevens Creek Department for Lexus and handed the TSIB to Maria and she didn't question me at all. She said has had one complaint and dealt with it and she said mine will be replaced if there's any sight sign of bubbles.
Old 11-06-12, 01:11 PM
infate
Pole Position

Originally Posted by nosurprise
haha, well, at least he was impressed with your efforts.
I suppose haha.

Originally Posted by YamIS350
That's strange. Today, I took my 2011 IS350 into the Stevens Creek Department for Lexus and handed the TSIB to Maria and she didn't question me at all. She said has had one complaint and dealt with it and she said mine will be replaced if there's any sight sign of bubbles.
Really? Did she say which one?

Putnam said they would ONLY change the defective one. I got into an accident where a rug flew in front of my car and I had to replace my right headlight, so the right one is not bubbling. I don't want to just replace one because it would look tacky, one could be a little hazier than the other in the future.

Let me know how yours go and I'll go visit them if Lexus of Serramonte can't handle my situation accordingly.

Quick Reply: 2011 Headlamp Bubbling Defect