Search this Thread

Old 11-06-12, 03:36 PM
yammy
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by infate
I suppose haha.

Really? Did she say which one?

Putnam said they would ONLY change the defective one. I got into an accident where a rug flew in front of my car and I had to replace my right headlight, so the right one is not bubbling. I don't want to just replace one because it would look tacky, one could be a little hazier than the other in the future.

Let me know how yours go and I'll go visit them if Lexus of Serramonte can't handle my situation accordingly.
Alright I'll let you know. She basically said the technician and her will look at it. If they do see the bubbles (which is clearly visible) she said she will order new replacements. She said hopefully, if my lights are defected, it will come in by today or tomorrow and my car will be ready to pick up tomorrow. She never questioned the TSIB either. She basically explained to me their bulletin and explained to me why they had for the lights and etc.
Old 11-06-12, 03:47 PM
yammy
Driver

Oh yeah she did mention it had to be both headlights and not just one.
Old 11-06-12, 05:19 PM
infate
Pole Position

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by YamIS350
Oh yeah she did mention it had to be both headlights and not just one.
Actually, the tsb says if anyone of the headlights appear to have the bubbling defect, the dealership is suppose to replace both...

That's actually a reason why I was like.. wtf..
Old 11-07-12, 06:18 PM
paperboy42
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

damn that looks like bad quality...
Old 11-07-12, 09:26 PM
heyarms
Pole Position

Received 37 Likes on 17 Posts

Yay one of my 2012 lights is bubbling... :/ still waiting to hear back from Sewell!
Old 11-08-12, 11:11 AM
yammy
Driver

Actually, the tsb says if anyone of the headlights appear to have the bubbling defect, the dealership is suppose to replace both...

That's actually a reason why I was like.. wtf..
Oh.. I did not catch that haha. Well for now, Lexus is waiting for the factory to confirm the defect and send the headlights over. They said I should be able to pick my car up tomorrow. Hopefully haha
Old 11-09-12, 04:18 PM
yammy
Driver

Yes! I got my headlights replaced with no questions asked haha. Infate I suggest you try Stevens Creek then. It's right across the SJ airport on Brokaw.
Old 11-09-12, 04:21 PM
infate
Pole Position

Oh.. I did not catch that haha. Well for now, Lexus is waiting for the factory to confirm the defect and send the headlights over. They said I should be able to pick my car up tomorrow. Hopefully haha
Yes! I got my headlights replaced with no questions asked haha. Infate I suggest you try Stevens Creek then. It's right across the SJ airport on Brokaw.
Oh alright! Quick question though, did they give you the 2012 ones or the 2011 ones? =o
Old 11-09-12, 09:41 PM
yammy
Driver

Oh alright! Quick question though, did they give you the 2012 ones or the 2011 ones? =o
They gave brand new 2012 headlights. Glossy black finish and the eyelash. They look so much more defined and nicer haha. It'll take about 2-3 days for them to get the delivery though
Old 11-10-12, 09:41 AM
infate
Pole Position

They gave brand new 2012 headlights. Glossy black finish and the eyelash. They look so much more defined and nicer haha. It'll take about 2-3 days for them to get the delivery though
Oh nice! Thanks for telling me, I'll give them a try after I go to Serramonte since it's so much closer. One last question haha, did both your old headlights bubble or just one?
Old 11-10-12, 11:04 AM
toky916
Pole Position

So I finally took the isf 2012 to Sacramento dealership and they changed out both of mine the other day so that's good news except the new light they put in had fog up badly the next day so took it back again . No problem tho better than what Roseville ever did say they would take pictures and call me back never happened! -__-
Old 11-10-12, 12:58 PM
jgr7
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by toky916
So I finally took the isf 2012 to Sacramento dealership and they changed out both of mine the other day so that's good news except the new light they put in had fog up badly the next day so took it back again . No problem tho better than what Roseville ever did say they would take pictures and call me back never happened! -__-
You know Sac and roseville are owned by the same person right?
Old 11-10-12, 01:43 PM
yammy
Driver

Oh nice! Thanks for telling me, I'll give them a try after I go to Serramonte since it's so much closer. One last question haha, did both your old headlights bubble or just one?
Both. My car is at 11k miles and surprisingly it wasn't that bad on one said so I was afraid it wouldn't be valid for the TSIB but she said its visible to the eye so I was qualified for replacement. Just leave your lights on so it'll appear faster/let it heat up
Old 11-10-12, 07:47 PM
jgr7
Lexus Test Driver

Both. My car is at 11k miles and surprisingly it wasn't that bad on one said so I was afraid it wouldn't be valid for the TSIB but she said its visible to the eye so I was qualified for replacement. Just leave your lights on so it'll appear faster/let it heat up
Just leaving the lights on won't do it. I looked my dealer and more than half of the brand new ISs had at least 1 light with a bubble.
Old 11-10-12, 08:43 PM
infate
Pole Position

Haha alright. If I recall correctly, the TSB states that even if one headlight has the defect, the dealership is suppose to replace both. I'll go give it a shot first sometime this week!

Quick Reply: 2011 Headlamp Bubbling Defect