IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

"OEM" eBay TMPS compatible with 06 IS350?

Search this Thread

Old 07-19-11, 09:57 AM
Daganl
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default "OEM" eBay TMPS compatible with 06 IS350?

Hello there, I have been watching this forum for a couple years now but haven't really taken the plunge to do anything with my '06 Lexus IS350 but definitely have benefitted from watching what you guys do! Just want to say thanks and this is the year I finally put some work on customizing my car for myself. I will definitely do my share of DIY guide's so I can put something back into this amazing community!

Anyways I am buying another set of wheels stock from Lexus — the 18" f sport 5-split spoke wheels. And the Lexus here has a good price on them at $400 a wheel. I am in Calgary, Alberta Canada so things here seem to always be much more expensive for us Canadians so I am sure you guys can get a better price! Oh and by the way I don't own stock wheels from Lexus I own 20" aftermarket wheels and now just want some good old ride quality back after 4 years. I also bought it CPO'd and it never came with stock wheels.

Lexus wants to charge me 80$ per TPMS and $180 to install them onto the rim. I noticed quite a few of you have purchased the original brand part and use them fine. I would like to save a couple hundred and put that towards something else so this seems like a very good option. I have been ready many threads and they have all not given me the answer I am looking for. Some people say it the dealership says it's incompatible with the '06 IS some people say it works fine.

Could people with '06 IS's let me know if these will work? If it doesn't work I will have to just bite the cost because no point in waiting 2 weeks for them to arrive here(as that's all I'm waiting for right now).

Thanks a lot!!!
Old 07-19-11, 10:19 AM
brociouz
Lexus Test Driver

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

tl;dr. But going off your thread title: eBay TPMS sensors are 100% identical to the ones you buy from the dealer. They're both made by a company called Pacific. I have an '06 and the senors I bought from eBay work perfectly.
Old 07-19-11, 10:23 AM
BLexodus
Pole Position

Received 22 Likes on 18 Posts

I have an 06 and I bought TPMS from ebay, the seller was oewheelsllc and I bought the set for $58 with free shipping. Tires Plus (aka Michael Tire) installed them and programed them for no extra charge when I bought a set tires from them (they even matched online tire prices). I have had them in for 1-2 months with no issues.
Old 07-19-11, 10:29 AM
Daganl
Rookie

Thank you that's 2 so far, I'd like to hear from 3 more to making this super reassuring lol. I am just wondering if the dealer would lie to you and just say these don't work in order to get you to buy theirs!

Much appreciated guys!
Old 07-19-11, 10:33 AM
sw1tched
Rookie

I have a set of TPMS that I purchased off ebay, but I havent put them in my new rims/tires yet.
I was hoping to do it sometime this week.
my old car (Yukon Denali) would throw and error if I didn't have any TPMS on my extra set of rims/tires. This car doesn't care, it just wont keep track of the air pressure obviously.

I'll update after I get them installed.
Old 07-19-11, 10:34 AM
BLexodus
Pole Position

Received 22 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by Daganl
Thank you that's 2 so far, I'd like to hear from 3 more to making this super reassuring lol. I am just wondering if the dealer would lie to you and just say these don't work in order to get you to buy theirs!

Much appreciated guys!
Many dealers would misrepresent the facts either knowingly or out of ignorance. Like we said, they work, and are made from the same company that lexus buys them from. Many (if not all) of the used ones have come off of a Lexus.
Old 07-19-11, 10:35 AM
brociouz
Lexus Test Driver

Thank you that's 2 so far, I'd like to hear from 3 more to making this super reassuring lol.
... I just told you they are the exact same. I have the same model year car as you and bought the sensors off eBay myself.

I am just wondering if the dealer would lie to you and just say these don't work in order to get you to buy theirs!
Imagine that, a car dealership making things up to try and get more money out of you.
Old 07-19-11, 10:46 AM
Daganl
Rookie

Originally Posted by brociouz
... I just told you they are the exact same. I have the same model year car as you and bought the sensors off eBay myself.

Imagine that, a car dealership making things up to try and get more money out of you.
I understand brociouz, it's not like I don't believe you! It's just I have seen at least 3 different users state that it did NOT work for their 06 IS350 throughout all the threads about these sensors! Maybe they just got defective ones! What I am going to do is buy them now — bring them to the dealer and see what they do about them. My dealer even told me beforehand that because I didn't buy it from them it might not work lol.

If they say it doesn't work I will just bring it to Kal-tire or something to see if they could do it. I will order them right now =).

Last edited by Daganl; 07-19-11 at 10:50 AM.
Old 07-19-11, 10:53 AM
brociouz
Lexus Test Driver

^ You might as well save the money and dealership shenanigans by going to an independent tire shop that has TPMS programming equipment.
Old 07-19-11, 11:03 AM
Daganl
Rookie

Yeah Kal-tire says they can do it — but I am also having other work done with Lexus such as getting my wallet key programmed — I might just ahve them do that and go do the TPMS somewhere else.
Old 07-19-11, 12:05 PM
vi3t80y
Driver

my car 09.i got it from ebay and it said doesnt compatible but i cant find anything for 09 so i just give it a try and it work.
Old 07-19-11, 12:17 PM
huch
Rookie

I have 07 is350... bought extra set of TPMS off ebay for my summer tires/rims and they were programmed without any issue.
Old 07-19-11, 12:33 PM
hazmat
Rookie

I have 06 and bought the same stuff on ebay as above stated and its working fine.
P.S. you really don't have to buy the TPMS for ISx50 auction, as long as the part number are fine its okay, I bought from oewheelsllc and its for LX430 yet the price is cheaper even though the part number are the same. Save me another ~$10
Old 07-19-11, 12:59 PM
Daganl
Rookie

Originally Posted by hazmat
I have 06 and bought the same stuff on ebay as above stated and its working fine.
P.S. you really don't have to buy the TPMS for ISx50 auction, as long as the part number are fine its okay, I bought from oewheelsllc and its for LX430 yet the price is cheaper even though the part number are the same. Save me another ~$10
I checked out the all the auctions and they are all the same price. $59+$18 shipped to Canada. I paid and just am hoping they come sooner then later.. AND I hope I get no extra "Fees" at the door from UPS...
Old 07-19-11, 01:07 PM
hazmat
Rookie

yeah they figure it out to even the price after i call them about it.

Quick Reply: "OEM" eBay TMPS compatible with 06 IS350?