IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

Yellow foglights?

Search this Thread

Old 01-29-13, 10:27 AM
bob4256
Lexus Champion

Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by GiantsFan
I know many people who have gotten DDM kits, including myself, with no problem. Personally I wouldn't be worried....

Also... I'm not running overlays - that's how yellow the bulbs are!
Your right, not everyone has had bad experiences but it bothers me. Plus I waited 3 weeks for the kit

Hopefully the he wont have any problems if he gets a DDM kit
Old 01-29-13, 10:39 AM
gompka
Racer

Received 61 Likes on 52 Posts

I have both yellow film as well as 80 w mtec yellow bulbs.
Old 01-29-13, 09:16 PM
member103
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It's basically a gamble. I've ordered from DDM before and it worked fine for me. No problems and correct color. I've been asking questions and the vendor on here is really helpful. Sometimes that is what matters too.
Old 12-04-13, 12:53 PM
osinrider0
Driver School Candidate

Hey everyone,

After reading through this thread I decided to get an HID kit from DDM. I just called and waited on hold for about 5 minutes but was able to speak to a sales rep who helped answer some of my questions...so customer service seems a bit better??

Anways, I'm new to the headlight modding world. Does anyone know the bulb type that a 2007 IS250 fog light is as well as the low beam (non hid)? I'm going to get the 3000k yellows for the fogs and also upgrade my low beams to HIDs using DDM's kits. However, I just don't know what our factory bulbs are to order the kits properly.

One other thing- does anyone recommend a specific wattage? Their site (http://www.ddmtuning.com/Products/DD...ast-35W-or-55W) is giving me the option of 35W or 55W. Does anyone have any recommendations on these strengths for the applications I'm going with?

Thanks in advance!
-Ben
Old 12-04-13, 01:18 PM
nabbun
Lexus Champion

Different strokes for different folks. Some like the a clean look and will go for just a yellow halogen bulb. That's what I prefer. Performance wise, it's effective when snow is on the ground. HID 3000k bulbs in stock reflector doesn't look like a pure golden yellow most of the time. Usually, it comes out hyper yellow green. The people who want a proper golden yellow fog will put yellow vinyl and power it with a white or yellow hid kit. You get the most light output and that yellow fog light housing during the day. Gives the car a sporty look.

I would recommend either going with yellow halogen bulbs or yellow vinyl with yellow hid fog kit.
Old 12-04-13, 04:44 PM
510to808
Pole Position

I went with yellow fog overlays and yellow ijdm toy yellow halogen bulbs, it's pretty decent definitely wanna do hids later maybe I'm good with stock
Old 12-04-13, 09:44 PM
jusclark13
Pole Position

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

2013 is250 black with painted fog lights
Attached Thumbnails Yellow foglights?-img_1892.jpg  
Old 12-04-13, 09:52 PM
Nelly
Instructor

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by nabbun
Usually, it comes out hyper yellow green.
I had the same problem until I switched out the slim ballast and replaced it with the fat ballast. Goes from neon green to yellow!
Old 12-05-13, 09:48 AM
osinrider0
Driver School Candidate

InspireME--where were you able to pick up the fat ballast? Also, do you know what the bulb type is so I can order them properly from the site?

Has anyone done the low beam HID upgrade from DDM either? I'm thinking that when I order my 3000k for the fogs that I will do the low beams to HIDs as well.
Old 12-05-13, 10:10 AM
XenonDepot
Former Sponsor

Received 41 Likes on 35 Posts

Originally Posted by osinrider0
InspireME--where were you able to pick up the fat ballast? Also, do you know what the bulb type is so I can order them properly from the site?

Has anyone done the low beam HID upgrade from DDM either? I'm thinking that when I order my 3000k for the fogs that I will do the low beams to HIDs as well.
The ballast should not effect the color of the bulb in any way since it has no control over the color. I find it odd that the bigger ballast effected the color of the bulb.

As for your low beams, what were you looking to get out of them?

Danny
Old 12-05-13, 10:13 AM
Nelly
Instructor

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

I swapped with my friend to verify. I had 3000k and he had 6000k. The slim ballast seemed to only affect the 3000k.
Old 12-05-13, 11:53 AM
osinrider0
Driver School Candidate

Danny, for the low beams I'm looking to get HIDs with a somewhat normal color output-I believe in the 6000k range is what I'm looking for. Nothing stupid where I can't see in front of me. I've had cars before with HIDs and I prefer them. The fogs I want the 3000k yellow look.

Do you have something in mind? I'm hoping this will be a weekend project for myself with plug n play adapters and just mounting ballasts as necessary...not trying to replace entire housings as I'm trying to keep costs down.

-Ben
Old 12-05-13, 12:27 PM
XenonDepot
Former Sponsor

Received 41 Likes on 35 Posts

Danny, for the low beams I'm looking to get HIDs with a somewhat normal color output-I believe in the 6000k range is what I'm looking for. Nothing stupid where I can't see in front of me. I've had cars before with HIDs and I prefer them. The fogs I want the 3000k yellow look.

Do you have something in mind? I'm hoping this will be a weekend project for myself with plug n play adapters and just mounting ballasts as necessary...not trying to replace entire housings as I'm trying to keep costs down.

-Ben
Ben,

If you’re looking for the normal range, brightest output it would actually be 4300K but if you want the light to be whiter and have a hint of blue than 6000K would be it. The 6000K would be a great balance of color and light output but if you want something brighter than you can get 4300K or even 5000K.

We haven't had any issues with our 3000K HID kits looking green, so if you’re looking for a pure yellow output they would be great.

All of our HID kits are designed to be plug and play, you can either go with the Xtreme or Volt HID kit and honestly you can't go wrong with either option. But the Xtreme is our premium HID kit as it features a German ASIC processor chip, dual relay harness and a 3 year warranty.

Danny
Old 12-05-13, 05:39 PM
osinrider0
Driver School Candidate

Danny can you send me a pm with quote for both hid kits please?
Old 12-05-13, 10:12 PM
loroko
Rookie

Default What's your opinion on this

http://www.kbcarstuff.com/2006-2009-...fl-lis06-y.htm

I had Nokia but they melted my wires , I replace the wire but I need a new bulbs or debating on get this ones

Quick Reply: Yellow foglights?