IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

Possible nav fix

Search this Thread

Old 09-20-11, 12:16 AM
CCJ22
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Vroomin350
hey guys someone please help I cant believe this happened to me !!.... parked the car today under some hot weather and came back and the side buttons work (climate, menu, etc.... ) it actually SWITCHES to that screen but when I try to touch something it doesnt work!!! I HAVE NO A/C NOW!

Also, the only thing that works is as follows......

I press menu... shows telephone and all the other things... when I touch ANYWHERE on the screen it automatically highlights LANGUAGE and goes back to the warning screen.

PLEASE HELP
Since you live in Florida like me, for now use the voice function to turn on your ac man.
Have you tried to do the steps in the OP's post?
If yes and it still doesn't work, then you may just want to get the flyaudio unit.
Old 09-20-11, 08:58 PM
Vroomin350
Lexus Champion

Damn what command do I say for whatever speed I want
Old 09-20-11, 09:34 PM
allst4r
Lead Lap

added to my fav.. i like how the 2013 and will have nav system more inside the dash like the bmw and not flush ne more. keeps the sunaway off the screen
Old 09-21-11, 05:04 PM
Vroomin350
Lexus Champion

bump nijnjinji
Old 09-29-11, 10:50 AM
NathanH
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

First, thanks for the post. I hoping this will fix the problem. Does anyone has better luck communicating with dealers? I am thinking esclating it to the Executive Management level.............................because it cost consumers $3000 to get it fixed, is just rediculous that some owners has their vehicle less than a few years right after warranty expired.
Old 11-27-11, 09:32 AM
nhidog
Driver School Candidate

Default Thanks Op!

Fixed mine yesterday and put it in today, everything working again yay. I can even connect my iphone to the bluetooth finally woo! Cost me a bit more since I didn't have any of the tools. ~75 dollars. Beats 3k-6k.
Old 11-28-11, 09:24 PM
350PsDMeuP
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by bluby_U
I tried this fix last weekend. It was worth a shot but it didn't work for me. Just be advised not all cases are the same. I'm so pissed. Does anyone know if I can delete the nav set up and downgrade to a non nav console?
You surely can...although you will have to install a new connector..if you have a ML unit, you will need to swap it out with a regular CD player other wise when you playing CD's it will read aux all the time...
Old 11-28-11, 09:28 PM
350PsDMeuP
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Props to OP...some guy on Ebay charges $500 to probably do the same thing..

BTW if your doing this here's my youtube vent problem solver..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YF_JNaVTir0

dont forget to tape the dash where you pry, the older the dash the less forgiving it may be!
Old 11-29-11, 02:01 AM
A.C Milan
Lead Lap

Just want to share my experience with the same problem, My touch screen went dead , the screen displays everything fine and side buttons work , just the touch isnt working.

the day before it happened, I had my battery changed , but it was working when I started the car after installing the battery so its probably a coincidence.

anyway , dealer asked for something crazy to fix , over my dead body I said , searched until I found this guy who rips off touch panels ( the piece that covers the actual screen, it had a 4 bus line connector on the corner ) from previous Lexus models from scrapyards or buys them used and installs it instead of my faulty one , it worked and cost me around 200$.

the touch panel he used was from a previous Gen LS.

so this is another solution to the problem I guess.
Old 11-30-11, 10:37 AM
Vroomin350
Lexus Champion

where did u find that guy, how can he be contacted?
Old 03-19-12, 04:35 PM
misaghk
Driver School Candidate

I tried to chip the glass to get to the circuit but i was unsuccesful. the circuit chips with the glass and there is no way for me to get to the circuit. any suggestion? by the way num1 and 4 are the faulty connections for me.
Old 04-22-12, 11:52 PM
istarzan
Instructor

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Add me to the list. My screen just went unresponsive today, all of a sudden! Good thing I have aftermarket warranty. I'll keep updating.
Old 05-25-12, 08:39 AM
tdrag97
Pit Crew

ok guys.. mine just die two days ago.. got everything.. but now sure how to do the test to find which one is bad..

pdf doesn't show what setting for the multimeter and where the black is touching ... anyone have picture of details for a multimeter noob...
Old 05-30-12, 09:59 AM
JOEYD2008
Driver

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default The Best Fix Possible

My niece has a 2007 IS250. She experienced the navigation screen going dead. I took the unit apart in an attempt to repair it myself, based on the tutorial from this post. I had a difficult time getting it to work so I took it to an electronic shop, here in Las Vegas. This guy is good. He soldered the ribbon connectors, as the tutorial instructed. It worked - for 60 days. Then dead again.

Here is the best possible fix - replace the defective LCD screen with a new one. I found a brand new LCD screen for $350 shipped from www.equipmentsfinder.com

Here is the link; http://www.equipmentsfinder.com/new-...-shipping.html

This is the exact LCD screen that the dealer installs. The entire unit does not have to be replaced (as the dealer wants you to believe). The only defective part is the LCD screen.

I hope this helps.
Old 05-30-12, 10:02 AM
tdrag97
Pit Crew

Originally Posted by JOEYD2008
My niece has a 2007 IS250. She experienced the navigation screen going dead. I took the unit apart in an attempt to repair it myself, based on the tutorial from this post. I had a difficult time getting it to work so I took it to an electronic shop, here in Las Vegas. This guy is good. He soldered the ribbon connectors, as the tutorial instructed. It worked - for 60 days. Then dead again.

Here is the best possible fix - replace the defective LCD screen with a new one. I found a brand new LCD screen for $350 shipped from www.equipmentsfinder.com

Here is the link; http://www.equipmentsfinder.com/new-...-shipping.html

This is the exact LCD screen that the dealer installs. The entire unit does not have to be replaced (as the dealer wants you to believe). The only defective part is the LCD screen.

I hope this helps.

nice .. do I smell a group buy? lol

Quantity 3+ $300.00/ea 5+ $280.00/ea

Quick Reply: Possible nav fix