IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

Why did you buy your IS?

Search this Thread

Old 08-20-11, 08:37 AM
raywest
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Why did you buy your IS?

What made you buy your IS? Features, performance, luxury, or what?

For me, I was trading in my 07 SC and at first wanted a CT because I was running low on $$ lol...but after looking at how cheap it looks inside and an OK exterior, my mom persuaded me to go for the IS 250 instead, even though it was NEVER on my list to look at.

So that's how I got mine.
Old 08-20-11, 09:25 AM
Dustin2011
Pole Position

For me it was a combination of the body style, interior, and features that make the IS such a great value. I was looking at BMW and Mercedes as well. Neither one of them could touch all the features the IS has at that price point. My wife loves the body style of the IS more than any other car. You should see her smile every time she gets behind the wheel.
Old 08-20-11, 09:34 AM
Zen710
Driver School Candidate

Performance and the price of car. combined with reliability!
Old 08-20-11, 09:36 AM
stanjohn12
Lead Lap

Nice thread. I bought mine for the brand image mainly , super reliability , handsome looks , very refined engine and that awesome Mark Levinson Music system :-) , cooled seats as well . For the same price Audi , BMW nor Merc could never come close. I love Audi's looks but it quite literally fails in every other department. Merc and BMW poor reliability records is a big turn off.
Old 08-20-11, 09:44 AM
iRock
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Cheap luxury LOL. Everything else is a BONUS!
Old 08-20-11, 09:58 AM
Sffd103
Fire Slayer

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

I wanted to buy a new car after my divorce. Was looking at C class Mercedez and 3 series BMW and Audi A4. I found an S4 that I almost bought. My sister has an IS and she told me to look at that car. I always liked its sporty look and luxurious feel. When I called my insurance company to get quotes on the S4, that's what did it. Way more to insure, gas mileasge was horrible (V8), and parts/reliability wasn't as good. I'm super happy with the minimal maintenance of my IS.
Old 08-20-11, 10:09 AM
raywest
Driver

Originally Posted by stanjohn12
Nice thread. I bought mine for the brand image mainly , super reliability , handsome looks , very refined engine and that awesome Mark Levinson Music system :-) , cooled seats as well . For the same price Audi , BMW nor Merc could never come close. I love Audi's looks but it quite literally fails in every other department. Merc and BMW poor reliability records is a big turn off.
I'm still sad that I couldn't get a ML system for mine but congrats =)
Old 08-20-11, 10:18 AM
LEXhaveFUN
Driver School Candidate

Hay I was wandering if this would work on a RWD car to put blocks in the trunk above the back axial to put more wheat on the back tires so there is better traction for snow driving?
Old 08-20-11, 10:53 AM
stanjohn12
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by raywest
I'm still sad that I couldn't get a ML system for mine but congrats =)
Buddy, ML is good but I wouldn't say your stock pioneer is bad either. I've listened to that as well and it didn't sound bad but I guess it lacks a bit of punch. You could just add an amp and a sub and would get better quality.
Old 08-20-11, 11:07 AM
Sango
Pole Position

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by LEXhaveFUN
Hay I was wandering if this would work on a RWD car to put blocks in the trunk above the back axial to put more wheat on the back tires so there is better traction for snow driving?
Unless you have an IS-F, upgrading to a true locking differential will help you know in the snow + winter tires.
Old 08-20-11, 11:18 AM
Silver10
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Coming from a gas guzzling F150 i needed something that was better on gas plus monthly payment $620 VS. $424. so a friend was in the market for a new car and asked if i would drive him to lexus and the rest is well history but this thing isnt the best on sipping fuel neither so very soon i will be looking again this time a four banger possibly.
Old 08-20-11, 11:29 AM
Micaiah

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

My husband traded in my Dodge Ram Hemi for it because he felt I deserved something nice. He also hated the customer service at Dodge. I detested it and didn't really drive the Lexus for three months.
Old 08-20-11, 11:31 AM
Hoovey689

Received 125 Likes on 83 Posts

Senior year I was rear ended in my Mustang by the son of the General Manager of an automall. The GM didn't want any of this on insurance so he offered to repair my car and gave my parents a new 2008 0 miles RX350 to drive in lieu of my car being in the shop (I was in their Explorer). After a while my mom fell in love with the RX and ended up getting one for herself. I gave the mustang to my sister and took the Explorer. After a while though I decided I wanted a car. Looked at G35s and TL Type-S's but none struck my fancy. I took my moms RX to the dealer for service one day, and while waiting I was walking the lot. I saw a black on black IS350 and immediately new this was the car!!!
Old 08-20-11, 11:52 AM
kyoso23
Lexus Test Driver

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

I wanted to get a 3GS, but the wife did not care for the styling very much. She loves the IS though and asked me to drive a couple just to look. After my first test drive in an IS350 I was torn. The performance of the IS350 was sure addictive compared to the fairly docile GS430 and it became a matter of what kind of deal I came across on either one. I found a great deal on an IS in the color combo/options I wanted out of either and jumped on it. Although I dearly miss the SC it replaced, I haven't been disappointed one bit.
Old 08-20-11, 12:14 PM
jbjones85
Lexus Test Driver

Interior and exterior styling, speed (350), Lexus reliability price vs the competition ext.

Quick Reply: Why did you buy your IS?