IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

/rant/ I Can't even take the car down the street...:(

Search this Thread

Old 08-20-11, 10:10 PM
Micaiah

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Default /rant/ I Can't even take the car down the street...:(

I HARDLY drive my IS.

To show an example, I've had it 14 months and put on 2k miles on it. I've had my truck since May 8th and I've put 2.5k on it.

So I decided to take my car out for a quick errand, maybe about 10 blocks away from the house. I park it HELLA far, maybe about 30 empty spots between my car and the next one. Nobody around.

I'm gone for about 5 mins in the building and come back out to my car. About 4 car spots away from me is some big thug looking dude sitting in his car, waving a bottle of what looks like water out of his window. As I approach my car, he stops waving the bottle and is staring at me as I load my stuff in the car and get in. BECAUSE he's doing this, I hurry and start the car to go. My husband notices the car has stuff all over it. "WTH, there's water drops all over the car!" he says.

By the time I get home and get out of the car to unload my bag, my husband mumbles something and runs to the sink in the garage.

Apparently it wasn't water in that bottle. There was what looked like powdery white stuff all over my car. The "water" dried up into a white substance. I took a glance, saw it and quickly went into the house (to avoid seeing it more) while he was cleaning it off.

I didn't go back out to see it - and he didn't mention more about it because I'm so picky that if it were to damage it, I'd cry.

I hope it wasn't something real bad.

It's just really sad that I can't even go run to do an errand and someone has to do something like that to my Micaiah.

Last edited by Micaiah; 08-20-11 at 10:39 PM.
Old 08-20-11, 10:23 PM
ddhleigh
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

No respect for others property these days. Sorry to hear Seems to be the case with nice cars. People are just jealous and are pissed they'd never own something nice.
Old 08-20-11, 10:42 PM
Hoovey689

Received 125 Likes on 83 Posts

Sorry Siu. Call up the crew next time. Shannon and Black Princess will come to your aid
Old 08-20-11, 10:45 PM
jadu
live.love.laugh.lexus

Received 89 Likes on 71 Posts

sorry to hear.. sounds like you really baby that car
Old 08-20-11, 10:47 PM
Sffd103
Fire Slayer

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Yeah Siu, you're trying to bother nobody and Larry loser is posting up in his wack *** ride acting a fool! Sorry to hear and hope all ends well!!
Old 08-21-11, 12:50 AM
Rykster
Pole Position

Did your husband ever figure out what was the "powdery white substance" all over your car?
Old 08-21-11, 01:34 AM
Micaiah

He didn't say. He just spent time with the car cleaning it and came back in and didn't say anything. I'm going to look at the car in the morning in the sun and see if it all came out and no damage.

But more than anything, it's just the point that some guy with nothing better to do sat there and was flinging stuff all over my car for no reason other than for fun.
Old 08-21-11, 01:50 AM
GiantsFan
Lexus Fanatic

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Wow... sorry to hear that Siu...

When I had an accord... one morning I woke up to find it was keyed ALL OVER and on top of that they poured purple paint on every panel

Some people are just haters...
Old 08-21-11, 02:26 AM
ApokC
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I hate people! HATE! The other day I parked at the local liquor mart before a party, some annoying teens parked next to me, I came back to my car, and there was a big SPIT on my CF hood. Damn kids!
Old 08-21-11, 05:46 AM
iRock
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Sorry to hear that Siu. Next time make a spike strip and throw it in front his car while you leaving
Old 08-21-11, 06:24 AM
IOWNALEXUS
Lexus Test Driver

This is another reason why i carry a bat and pepper spray in my car at all times....
Old 08-21-11, 06:35 AM
Rikg35
Lead Lap

Im sure the guy had nothing to do with it. and if you cant drive your own car without him tripping like that, I'd sell it. Its not that serious, ppl gonna hate... but accidents do happen matter how hard you try to avoid damage to your car. Materialistic things can be replaced.
Old 08-21-11, 07:59 AM
Micaiah

Originally Posted by Rikg35
Im sure the guy had nothing to do with it. and if you cant drive your own car without him tripping like that, I'd sell it. Its not that serious, ppl gonna hate... but accidents do happen matter how hard you try to avoid damage to your car. Materialistic things can be replaced.
Oh okay. He had nothing to do with it, even though I saw him do it.

And who is "him tripping like that"?

I've seen it when someone poured Jasco all over my room mate's one week old car, ppl gonna hate, to the tune of a brand new paint job and chemical burns on her hands because she touched it, not knowing what it was all over her car. Yep, that was not that serious. Accidents happen.

Materialistic things can be replaced, yes, but you know nothing about my car, IF it CAN be replaced and if I'm in the financial circumstance to ever replace it.

By the way, are you some big thug looking dude that lives in Contra Costa?

Last edited by Micaiah; 08-21-11 at 08:10 AM.
Old 08-21-11, 08:12 AM
wednesday
Lead Lap

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

Wow sorry to hear that! I freaking hate a lot of people, they seem to not have anything better to do than be a sorry piece of trash. I always worry that someone is going to damage my car but I would not let it stop me from enjoying it (its the only car I have so that may factor into the equation.) Around here you more have to worry about idiot distracted drivers than you do vandalism.

Even if he was a thug my hot headedness about my car would have probably caused a confrontation if I caught him sloshing stuff on my car. I turn into Mrs. Hyde when somebody damages my vehicles

Hopefully it was nothing dangerous to your paint.
Old 08-21-11, 08:25 AM
Pendl303
Driver School Candidate

Some people are just scumbags and have nothing better to do other then to **** up things that they can only dream to have.

Hope nothing is wrong with your car.

Quick Reply: /rant/ I Can't even take the car down the street...:(