IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

Opinions about dropping my IS350!!

Search this Thread

Old 08-25-11 | 09:28 AM
embolism
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by Deegee
Honestly if your asking this, I wouldn't recommend lowering it at all. Its nice the way it is.
everyone has to start somewhere.

I also agree that the stock setup with 18's looks fine on the 350
Old 08-25-11 | 09:51 PM
is350memb
Driver

Originally Posted by 149MAX
Just want to share my recent experience with dropping my 2IS. I wanted to do the F sport drop at first either because I was afraid I wouldn't like it slammed and wanted to preserve stock ride quality. But after reading and researching, I decided to try coilovers as there was so much good feedback on the BCRs. I got it from CM as most people also recommend and I love them! The coils aren't even that bad in terms of ride quality. I mean it is definitely stiffer compared to stock, but it's by no means bad. I didn't play with any of the damper settings, so everything is how it came in the box, so I guess it all works out. Cornering and also acceleration out of a corner is also more confident as the car is riding on a firmer suspension. And also people have rubbing issues because they're slammed and have spacers/kit. The drop on BCRs by default I have no rubbing issues, the only time I heard a little rubbing was cornering at 50km/h 90 degree turn while keeping in my own lane turning into a street that was slanted downwards and I heard a little rubbing. But besides that even going lock to lock doing 180s, I'm having no problems. For reference here's before and after the drop. I was on the factory luxo pkg stock.

nice ride bro.. so shiny
Old 08-26-11 | 11:00 AM
IS300_white
Rookie

Bottom line ...if you are particular about how low you want your IS to be, then go with coilovers. Why? Because you can adjust it to any lowered height you want. If you find your IS to be too low, then adjust it to the height you want. And its not that hard to adjust either.

With lowered Springs ...you can't adjust your height once you install them. In addition, some lowered Springs will settle in due time ...and will leave you with a slightly lowered stance then you would expect. That's why most people will research what brand other IS owners bought for their lowered Springs and find out how low it eventually settled to.

Also note, with coilovers you can adjust the wheel gaps in the front & rears to match. While most lowered Springs will leave you with a bigger wheel gap in the front because the front wheel wells are higher than the rear wheel wells.