IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

Buying IS350, high miles. reliability?

Search this Thread

Old 08-25-11, 07:30 PM
p0lo8
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Car still has a lien on it, so is it gonna be very complicated to take care of that? anyone had this kind of experience?
I will go to my bank and ask what is the procedure anyway.
Old 08-25-11, 07:34 PM
KillaIS250
Lexus Fanatic

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Who has the lien on the car? Lexus Financial? It's pretty easy to do it through Lexus Financial.
Old 08-25-11, 07:36 PM
p0lo8
Pole Position

Originally Posted by KillaIS250
Who has the lien on the car? Lexus Financial? It's pretty easy to do it through Lexus Financial.
WellsFargo dealer services. Do you know something about them ?

Last edited by p0lo8; 08-25-11 at 07:42 PM.
Old 08-25-11, 07:45 PM
KillaIS250
Lexus Fanatic

If its through WellsFargo i would just go to the bank with the seller of the car and ask about it there. Usually, the seller signs an agreement to release the title to you (the buyer) upon payment of the loan. As long as thats all in place, you pay off the loan to the bank and the title is issued to you.
Old 08-25-11, 08:06 PM
100degrees
Pole Position

Originally Posted by p0lo8
Actually, isn't that F-sport calipers? I know now you can add some F-sport mods when you are ordering the car and they are blue, not sure about 2006. No other mods that i was told of.
Those seem to be oem is350 calipers painted blue. F sport calipers are a diff shape and have fsport decals.
Old 08-25-11, 08:25 PM
p0lo8
Pole Position

Well hopefully everything is fine with a car and i will have a new ride next week
Still the passenger door looks suspicious, if its oem paint how could it look so different in the picture.
Old 08-25-11, 10:11 PM
edgeucated
Pole Position

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

could be the flash. The white on the 2is is a tri-layer paint; meaning there are metalic flakes to reflect light; so it could look a little off in pictures. I wouldn't be too worried, just check everything over and you should be fine.
Old 08-25-11, 10:37 PM
HALLELUJAH
Driver School Candidate

I just bought mines with 106 for 15k flat and so far i have no problems. I took it over a 325xi cause i figured a lexus with 106k is about as good as a beamer with 80k. Aside from something being stuck in the aux port i have no complaints. i passed on one with 60k on it because it was in an accident and the second owner had the car for less than 15k miles so i wanted nothing to do with it. The one i got has a clean history. Il keep you updated on my experience. Good luck . i love my car!
Old 08-26-11, 06:49 AM
CCJ22
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I got my 2006 which had 68k miles on it for $17,200 out the door. Just food for thought.
They were asking 18800 but I jewed em down.
Old 08-26-11, 07:27 AM
KillaIS250
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by HALLELUJAH
I just bought mines with 106 for 15k flat and so far i have no problems. I took it over a 325xi cause i figured a lexus with 106k is about as good as a beamer with 80k. Aside from something being stuck in the aux port i have no complaints. i passed on one with 60k on it because it was in an accident and the second owner had the car for less than 15k miles so i wanted nothing to do with it. The one i got has a clean history. Il keep you updated on my experience. Good luck . i love my car!
A Lexus with 106K is as good as a BMW with 16k.
Old 08-26-11, 08:33 AM
p0lo8
Pole Position

Originally Posted by HALLELUJAH
Same here, was looking for a 328i/xi or 330i/xi at first with about 70k miles. Always wanted the IS tho, but it was harder to find one. Somehow there are a lot less of them in the market and they hold their resale value better, so also more expensive.
Old 08-26-11, 08:45 AM
Mv350
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Did not see the car yet, going to test drive it on Saturday, but seller told me that in the rear tires are changed recently, but the front will need a replacement soon. Definitely taking it to the dealer for inspection.

In the picture it looks like the passengers door is a slightly different color. Is it just reflections, shade etc.? Seller told that there was nothing done to the door. But it really looks different in this picture.
just reflection unless read below
You can try what the dealership tried on my car. Feel the edges of the door (From the outside to the inside part of the door). No joke. Apparently, from the factory the edges of the door will be as smooth as the door itself. If the edges feel rough, its usually because its been repainted. I didn't know this, and it was hilarious seeing them "caress" all the edges of my car. LOL
it is called over spray. and its feels bumper on the edge
Just checked my Civic, which i got trunk repainted and it really works. That's a nice tip, thanks.
If its through WellsFargo i would just go to the bank with the seller of the car and ask about it there. Usually, the seller signs an agreement to release the title to you (the buyer) upon payment of the loan. As long as thats all in place, you pay off the loan to the bank and the title is issued to you.
quoted because this is how its done, but wells fargo will most likely send the title to him, unless the loan guy knows what he's doing.
Originally Posted by edgeucated
could be the flash. The white on the 2is is a tri-layer paint; meaning there are metalic flakes to reflect light; so it could look a little off in pictures. I wouldn't be too worried, just check everything over and you should be fine.
yup all the way up to 08
Old 08-26-11, 08:50 AM
sqa4life
Rookie

NO, don't pay the seller in full. The bank is holding the title. You need to go to the bank WITH the seller; pay the bank the remainder amount that the seller owe and the rest go to the seller. That way, you'll be sure the bank will send the title directly to you. Ask the bank to give you something in writing that this car has been paid off and the title will be sent to YOU. Just to protect yourself :-)

I ran into this issue before. I paid the seller in full. The seller said he will pay off the car and will send me the title. guess what, he didn't pay off until three months later. I had the bill of sale with public notarized so it wasn't that bad. It's an easy process if you do it right.
Old 08-26-11, 11:37 AM
p0lo8
Pole Position

Originally Posted by sqa4life
NO, don't pay the seller in full. The bank is holding the title. You need to go to the bank WITH the seller; pay the bank the remainder amount that the seller owe and the rest go to the seller. That way, you'll be sure the bank will send the title directly to you. Ask the bank to give you something in writing that this car has been paid off and the title will be sent to YOU. Just to protect yourself :-)

I ran into this issue before. I paid the seller in full. The seller said he will pay off the car and will send me the title. guess what, he didn't pay off until three months later. I had the bill of sale with public notarized so it wasn't that bad. It's an easy process if you do it right.
Today i talked with a banker in US bank, who didn't look to know what he is talking about. Anyway he told me that the best way to do it get the owner call to Wells Fargo, ask to send the title to their branch in Chicago (since the deal is gonna be there) and when Wells Fargo Chicago office has the title, then go there with a seller pay off the car and get the title right away.
Old 08-26-11, 11:39 AM
KillaIS250
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by sqa4life

I never said he had to pay the seller? Where did you even read that...

Originally Posted by killais250
If that's not clear...Seller and you go to the bank, seller signs an agreement from the bank to release the title to the buyer after the loan is paid off, you pay off the loan to the bank AT the bank, title is issued to you. Happy day.

Last edited by KillaIS250; 08-26-11 at 11:42 AM.

Quick Reply: Buying IS350, high miles. reliability?