IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

First day of class..

Search this Thread

Old 08-26-11, 10:42 PM
Wunko
Racer

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

I hate to see that photo. At least you got the info as opposed to hit-and-runs while you're in class. Hopefully it'll get fixed soon so you can get this off of your plate of things to do.

When I was still in school, I remember getting hit in the university parking lot before so I know how that is.
Old 08-26-11, 10:47 PM
Sango
Pole Position

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Maybe college people don't need luxary cars yet just for that reason (people can't drive properly?!?) I used to drive a Corolla and an Camry back in the day when I was in college.
Old 08-26-11, 11:15 PM
rookieIS
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

^ times have changed my friend. college students nowadays are nothing like back in the days lol.
Old 08-26-11, 11:28 PM
GilIS250
Lead Lap

Sorry to see that bro... I honestly don't drive to place where must people just got their licenses :P
Old 08-26-11, 11:33 PM
KillaIS250
Lexus Fanatic

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Sorry to see the car like that man! Hope you get it taken care of. College was the main reason i held off on trading in my Prelude for a nicer car. Nobody gives a damn and if someone hits you and your not around, they are gonna be running off 99% of the time lol

Originally Posted by rookieIS
^ times have changed my friend. college students nowadays are nothing like back in the days lol.
x2 on this!

I just graduated last year and my school's parking lot had some really nice cars...Skyline GT-R, Maserati Quattroporte, a few AMG Benz's and plenty of new Audi's and BMW's lol
Old 08-26-11, 11:35 PM
Sango
Pole Position

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by KillaIS250
Sorry to see the car like that man! Hope you get it taken care of. College was the main reason i held off on trading in my Prelude for a nicer car. Nobody gives a damn and if someone hits you and your not around, they are gonna be running off 99% of the time lol

x2 on this!

I just graduated last year and my school's parking lot had some really nice cars...Skyline GT-R, Maserati Quattroporte, a few AMG Benz's and plenty of new Audi's and BMW's lol
--------

True, but the status is distorted more these days. One can have nice car, not a good job and no properly that they own (not rent). Now that status looks bad rite? That was more toward my point.

Some of these cases, the parents who are loaded with $$ bought the luxary cars for the kids, not themselves. Ie. high school girl in a new BMW?!!?

Last edited by Sango; 08-26-11 at 11:46 PM.
Old 08-26-11, 11:38 PM
SPNinjA
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ouch bro! I just started class myself and parking is hectic as well. I drive very slow and park far away from others. Takes me a few minutes to get to the building by walking but, I definitely feel ya man.
Old 08-27-11, 12:05 AM
GiantsFan
Lexus Fanatic

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

I go to San Jose State... and SJSU has many parking garages, so parking really isn't a problem on those random days when I drive to school ...

But.... 99% of the time I take the train
Old 08-27-11, 08:49 AM
relaxfoo
Lead Lap

dude i feel your pain. i remember when i was in college i witnessed two guys horse play in the parking lot around my car. long story short the guy got suplexed into the side of my car.
Old 08-27-11, 09:35 AM
CleverName
Pole Position

Sorry to see a Lex get hurt, hope its cleaned up soon for ya.

On the flip side I suspect you need to nut up and carry some of the blame as well. It's easy to come to the boards and post a one sided story in hopes of seeking acceptance from piers that you were 100% the victim.
Your driving a 3500 pound machine through a lot with preoccupied pedestrians, amateur drivers and whatnot with 10 minutes to get to a class..... I doubt your focus was 100% on what you were currently doing.

I prefer driving laws in Japan when I was there back in the early '80's..... where the blame probably would have fallen fully on you!
If you are in control of a car, you should have anticipated the possibility of a car backing out and been ready for it. If you weren't, then you were to blame and held responsible for your lack of attentive driving skills. It was amazing to see a legal system that put so much responsibility on the person in control of a car bike or truck. Yes there were exceptions, but on the most part, if it was in front of you, you should have anticipated it.

Again, hope your Lex is cleaned up soon and you learned a lesson to be a bit more cautious and alert in parking lots.

Vince
Old 08-27-11, 07:22 PM
Husni08
Pole Position

Originally Posted by Sffd103
I feel for ya....at least you'll get the front re sprayed!
Yeah that is a plus because that Obsidian front is looking a bit chipped!

Originally Posted by DigitalDon
Was she at least cute?

Maybe she was just trying to get your number

Originally Posted by iRock
That's lame! I almost got hit 3 times Gettin gas today
I was glad to just make it out of the parking lot! I had another instance right after where this kid didn't even stop at a stop sign! It was a war zone.

sorry to hear that, hopefully his insurance will take care of that for you.. this is also part of the reason why I have a 94 altima beater to drive to school.. i only drive the lexus to work and during weekends..
I wish I had a beater

Originally Posted by CleverName

On the flip side I suspect you need to nut up and carry some of the blame as well. It's easy to come to the boards and post a one sided story in hopes of seeking acceptance from piers that you were 100% the victim.
Your driving a 3500 pound machine through a lot with preoccupied pedestrians, amateur drivers and whatnot with 10 minutes to get to a class..... I doubt your focus was 100% on what you were currently doing.

I prefer driving laws in Japan when I was there back in the early '80's..... where the blame probably would have fallen fully on you!
If you are in control of a car, you should have anticipated the possibility of a car backing out and been ready for it. If you weren't, then you were to blame and held responsible for your lack of attentive driving skills. It was amazing to see a legal system that put so much responsibility on the person in control of a car bike or truck. Yes there were exceptions, but on the most part, if it was in front of you, you should have anticipated it.

Again, hope your Lex is cleaned up soon and you learned a lesson to be a bit more cautious and alert in parking lots.

Vince

First of all, It WAS 110% her fault. She was making a left turn on to the main lane i was already in without yielding let alone stopping as TEXAS laws require. Secondly, the only thing i need to nut up on is... the fact that I chose to go to a college with so many foreign students, mostly Asians TBH. And trust me bro, I don't need anyone's acceptance, especially via internet . I was driving a vehicle through a lot just as she was... and yet she was the one that failed to be attentive and follow the law? The police report as well as well as the claim both show her at fault, but I just can't fathom how you see this as anything else. And thank you for giving me one more reason to be thankful I'm in the states and not in a country where something like what you claimed would have fallen on me.

P.S. Pier: a structure leading out from the shore into a body of water, in particular

Peer: a person of the same age, status, or ability as another specified person
Old 08-27-11, 07:36 PM
relaxfoo
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by Husni08
Yeah that is a plus because that Obsidian front is looking a bit chipped!

I was glad to just make it out of the parking lot! I had another instance right after where this kid didn't even stop at a stop sign! It was a war zone.

I wish I had a beater

First of all, It WAS 110% her fault. She was making a left turn on to the main lane i was already in without yielding let alone stopping as TEXAS laws require. Secondly, the only thing i need to nut up on is... the fact that I chose to go to a college with so many foreign students, mostly Asians TBH. And trust me bro, I don't need anyone's acceptance, especially via internet . I was driving a vehicle through a lot just as she was... and yet she was the one that failed to be attentive and follow the law? The police report as well as well as the claim both show her at fault, but I just can't fathom how you see this as anything else. And thank you for giving me one more reason to be thankful I'm in the states and not in a country where something like what you claimed would have fallen on me.

P.S. Pier: a structure leading out from the shore into a body of water, in particular

Peer: a person of the same age, status, or ability as another specified person
Dude I would be careful how you write things on this forum...you are sounding really redneckish, stereotyping Asians as being bad drivers? You ever seen Japanese mountain drifting?
Old 08-27-11, 07:42 PM
aliu603
Lexus Champion

There's no point in telling that to someone like him. Nothing is going to change his mind about Asians being bad drivers especially after what just happened. Just let the racist tool be.
Old 08-27-11, 07:47 PM
Husni08
Pole Position

Originally Posted by relaxfoo
Dude I would be careful how you write things on this forum...you are sounding really redneckish, stereotyping Asians as being bad drivers? You ever seen Japanese mountain drifting?

The reason I pointed this out is A) The majority of students at my university are international students and B) The girl that hit me was Asian AND had nothing but an international license and C) my opinion is that most foreigners aren't the best of drivers, not just Asians. I have nothing against Asians or any race for that matter, nor am I a "redneck" or a racist if that's what you were getting at.
Old 08-27-11, 07:48 PM
calvin2376
Racer

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by CleverName

Vince
I really didn't want to get into this, but you're just so far out of line it's ridiculous. First of all, you have no idea what happened and can't begin to start placing blame yourself. And what little you did try and comprehend from his description you got wrong: she wasn't backing out.

More importantly, what you're advocating is that no matter what happens, it's each driver's fault for an accident. Something tells me your story would change if you were sitting at a red light and someone rear-ended you, or if you were going through a green light and a distracted driver flew through a red and t-boned you. Don't try and read a one paragraph description of an accident and start telling the person they should have been paying attention and it was their fault. You got the story wrong, you have no idea what happened, and there are plenty of accidents where 110% attentiveness wouldn't have avoided anything because the other driver was stupid and it happened too quickly.

If you were talking in person to someone whose friend or family member had been killed in an accident where someone pulled out in front of them illegally, I doubt you'd tell them it was actually their friend or family member's fault. Stop preaching from behind the internet's curtain of anonymity.

First of all, It WAS 110% her fault. She was making a left turn on to the main lane i was already in without yielding let alone stopping as TEXAS laws require. Secondly, the only thing i need to nut up on is... the fact that I chose to go to a college with so many foreign students, mostly Asians TBH.
It was a girl. What a surprise
Frankly you're not much better. I'm sorry your car got damaged, we all are. And the reasonable among us believe your story, since what motive would you have to lie. But you're being terribly misogynistic and discriminatory toward women and Asians. It's frankly disgusting and ignorant. It's unfortunate, but it could have happened to anyone and the offending car could just as easily have been driven by someone else.

I foresee this thread coming to a close soon, because people simply can't be respectful, and it's a shame.

Quick Reply: First day of class..