IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

First day of class..

Search this Thread

Old 08-27-11, 07:54 PM
Husni08
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by aliu603
There's no point in telling that to someone like him. Nothing is going to change his mind about Asians being bad drivers especially after what just happened. Just let the racist tool be.
Way to be judgmental. That explains why I did her brother a favor and told the insurance it was him driving because she wasn't even on the policy after he called me. I must be a really nice racist tool, tool.
Old 08-27-11, 08:02 PM
Husni08
Pole Position

Originally Posted by calvin2376
I really didn't want to get into this, but you're just so far out of line it's ridiculous. First of all, you have no idea what happened and can't begin to start placing blame yourself. And what little you did try and comprehend from his description you got wrong: she wasn't backing out.

More importantly, what you're advocating is that no matter what happens, it's each driver's fault for an accident. Something tells me your story would change if you were sitting at a red light and someone rear-ended you, or if you were going through a green light and a distracted driver flew through a red and t-boned you. Don't try and read a one paragraph description of an accident and start telling the person they should have been paying attention and it was their fault. You got the story wrong, you have no idea what happened, and there are plenty of accidents where 110% attentiveness wouldn't have avoided anything because the other driver was stupid and it happened too quickly.

If you were talking in person to someone whose friend or family member had been killed in an accident where someone pulled out in front of them illegally, I doubt you'd tell them it was actually their friend or family member's fault. Stop preaching from behind the internet's curtain of anonymity.

Frankly you're not much better. I'm sorry your car got damaged, we all are. And the reasonable among us believe your story, since what motive would you have to lie. But you're being terribly misogynistic and discriminatory toward women and Asians. It's frankly disgusting and ignorant. It's unfortunate, but it could have happened to anyone and the offending car could just as easily have been driven by someone else.

I foresee this thread coming to a close soon, because people simply can't be respectful, and it's a shame.
I think you're absolutely right in every aspect, especially the very first paragraph. My apologies to any female CL members I offended, along with anyone else. This thread wasn't intended on going the route it ended up going so I'll leave it up to the mods to decide where to take it from here.
Old 08-27-11, 08:11 PM
calvin2376
Racer

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Husni08
I think you're absolutely right in every aspect, especially the very first paragraph. My apologies to any female CL members I offended, along with anyone else. This thread wasn't intended on going the route it ended up going so I'll leave it up to the mods to decide where to take it from here.
Why don't we salvage it?

It looks like the damage isn't too bad, that's good - mainly isolated to the bumper and front quarter panel. Is the headlight affected? Did you drive the car after or get it towed, did it seem to drive or act differently?

Wanted to bring your attention to this in case you didn't know: http://www.autoloss.com/Diminished-V...-in-Texas.html

In certain states in the US, after an accident in which you're not at fault, you can file a claim for diminished value. Essentially it's a claim for the reduction in value of your car resulting from the accident (since a car will sell for less with an accident on record). It appears from the above article that Texas is one of the states that allows this.

I only recently learned about this and have brought it to the attention of a few people on CL. There was just a thread a week or so ago where someone was in an accident that wasn't their fault, they got the other at-fault driver's insurance to pay for repair of the car as usual, but they also filed a claim for diminished value, and ended up getting a check in the mail for $3,000 from the other driver's insurance company. This is on top of any repairs, etc.

So definitely look into it and make sure you file a claim for it. Also, keep detailed records and pictures of the accident, and get the police report if possible. This will all make resale of the car much better, because potential buyers of a car with an accident in the history will want to see evidence that it wasn't very serious.
Old 08-27-11, 09:23 PM
Husni08
Pole Position

Yeah the damage wasn't bad, the front bumper will need paint only where as the front panel needs actual body work. The Diminished Value Claim is something new to me and definitely looks like something I can claim, which in the end means a possibility of more modding Man I really appreciate you showing me that Calvin! I'll be sure to update this thread as I learn more about filing the Diminished Value Claim and hopefully more drivers can benefit from this..
Old 08-27-11, 09:29 PM
Sango
Pole Position

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Yeah don't over react. It sounds it's an accident which could of been avoided if the lady checked during the back out.

There was an accident that my friend was involved in recently that had his Mercedes E350 totaled due to a careless driver and could of been avoided as well. He had the right of way, going at about 60 km/h. Car at intersection comes and makes a left turn - but the left turn has to be careful because because it's a 6 lane street (3 each way), and my friend was in the fastest. Unfortunately, that driver popped out suddenly that my friend could not react, with about less than 10 feet and could not react in time to get on the brakes - bang. The driver who made the left thought it was good because the 2 lanes were good to go because the cars were stopped but did not check the third lane he popped out to make his left turn - 100% fault.

The insurance company said the car saved his life because he's about 6 ft - a smaller car, he would of been injured pretty badly. Total loss and he is entitled to a brand new car.

Last edited by Sango; 10-15-12 at 08:16 AM.
Old 08-27-11, 09:31 PM
iKenn
Just call me "Sprinkes"

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Try parking at richland...
Old 08-27-11, 09:39 PM
Husni08
Pole Position

Originally Posted by iKenn
Try parking at richland...
I spent four semesters at Richland and I must say, it was not as bad as UTD on the first day!
Old 08-27-11, 09:41 PM
chris07is
Pole Position

Received 92 Likes on 66 Posts

ouch sorry to see that..first class this coming monday, i told my grandma ill park my car in their garage, while ill just walk to class..good luck.....
Old 08-27-11, 10:46 PM
shadowman
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

SOrry to hear...

It totally sux to drive a nice car to school. Some of these kids just learned how to drive and didn't have much experience.

College kids are broke so they'll bail if they hit a car and noone is around.

Take it to a nice body shop and they'll fix it good as new.
Old 08-28-11, 08:55 AM
calvin2376
Racer

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Also make sure and keep the insurance company honest and use only genuine Lexus parts.
Old 08-28-11, 10:37 AM
Legend217
Driver

Ok. I'm a little worried here. My gf is taking my car to school tmr. I told her to park FAR FAR away and be there at least 30 munites early. Crossed my fingers!!!!!
Old 08-28-11, 11:14 AM
MiiK350
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Online classes FTW!!
Old 08-28-11, 11:24 AM
bnizzle87
Lexus Fanatic

Received 60 Likes on 51 Posts

^I second that! But it's really unfortunate what happens on college lots. There are a bunch of kids who won't own up to their mistakes and just hit and run. But that is just another risk one takes when bringing a nice car to school. My friend brought her nice BMW to school the first day, and when I walked her back to her car, we noticed ding marks, scratches from people opening their doors too wide, and someone had backed into her left rear quarter panel. Not a good way to start her first day of college. I felt so bad for her, as she was sobbing and just so depressed after seeing the damage. I know it's cool to see nice rides on campus, but not if they're going to get messed up while you're in class.
Old 08-28-11, 12:01 PM
COOLIS
Instructor

Received 35 Likes on 27 Posts

Parking on any college campus is a nightmare. Thank god we have valet at my school otherwise it would be hell. It is true though how so many people who cause an accident put the blame on the person who couldn't avoid it. The one thing about this case it sounds like some people got wrong is the girl who hit him was not backing out of a spot, she was coming down an aisle to the main aisle and didn't stop/yield, so it is 100% her fault. Next time sit in your car, grab your neck, and wait for an ambulance. Im kidding here, but sometimes I feel like this is what people need to do to these idiots who get off to easy when they are the ones who broke the law.
Old 08-28-11, 01:02 PM
Legend217
Driver

Originally Posted by shadowman
SOrry to hear...

It totally sux to drive a nice car to school. Some of these kids just learned how to drive and didn't have much experience.
Mostly caused by freshmen and sophomores

Quick Reply: First day of class..