IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

DRL/HID problems

Search this Thread

Old 09-11-11, 03:54 PM
OsideI
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default DRL/HID problems

Got the Xenon White 9005 HB3 LED Daytime Running Light Bulbs + DRL Decoder Kit from iJMDtoy.com. Installed them w/out the decoded because I didnt want to do the drilling of the dust cap. They flicker a little but still run (talked to iJMDtoy and they said its fine), after about 3 weeks I noticed that my right HID is turning off after a couple minutes of running. If I switch the light off/on it comes back. Anyone else having this problem? Or feedback?

Thanks in advance
Old 09-11-11, 03:59 PM
langjaykev
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Make sure you lock the connector correctly. had the same issue
Old 09-11-11, 04:04 PM
OsideI
Driver School Candidate

after properly connecting the DLR, you HID ran right? I was a little concerned that it might be an electrical issue since I didnt touch any HID parts/bulbs when installing the DLR's 9005
Old 09-12-11, 04:55 AM
MrBBQ
Lexus Test Driver

I was thinking about picking up a set of their 9005 drl kits. I read they have new "decoders" that are small enough to fit into the housing, what ever happened to those?
Old 09-12-11, 06:17 AM
TheSenator
Pole Position

Originally Posted by OsideI
Got the Xenon White 9005 HB3 LED Daytime Running Light Bulbs + DRL Decoder Kit from iJMDtoy.com. Installed them w/out the decoded because I didnt want to do the drilling of the dust cap. They flicker a little but still run (talked to iJMDtoy and they said its fine), after about 3 weeks I noticed that my right HID is turning off after a couple minutes of running. If I switch the light off/on it comes back. Anyone else having this problem? Or feedback?

Thanks in advance
Try and switch your HID bulbs. If the same bulb goes out, then you know.
Could be a ballast too. Put the halogens back in and see if the HID still goes out as well.

Originally Posted by MrBBQ
I was thinking about picking up a set of their 9005 drl kits. I read they have new "decoders" that are small enough to fit into the housing, what ever happened to those?
Believe they are still in R&D testing. Jason @iJDMTOY said they are not publicly available yet.
Old 09-15-11, 10:07 PM
OsideI
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by TheSenator
Try and switch your HID bulbs. If the same bulb goes out, then you know.
Could be a ballast too. Put the halogens back in and see if the HID still goes out as well.

Believe they are still in R&D testing. Jason @iJDMTOY said they are not publicly available yet.
Thanks for the info, I swaped the bulbs and found it that I need some new bulbs
Old 09-20-11, 07:34 AM
sksandhu
Driver School Candidate

hello i actually just bought the same kit from ijdmtoy and i installed them with the decoder. they did not even turn on and then, when i switch them back to the stock dtr/hb 9005 bulb they completely dont work at all. any ideas? i dont know what to do. thanks..
Old 09-20-11, 07:44 AM
100degrees
Pole Position

Originally Posted by sksandhu
hello i actually just bought the same kit from ijdmtoy and i installed them with the decoder. they did not even turn on and then, when i switch them back to the stock dtr/hb 9005 bulb they completely dont work at all. any ideas? i dont know what to do. thanks..
make sure your car is turned on. i did that and tried with the motor off, however with the motor on everything worked fine.
Old 09-20-11, 08:10 AM
sksandhu
Driver School Candidate

I also tried that with the kit installed. turning on the engine. they completely did not work so i switch back to stock. and even now the stock dont work and when i use my highbeam now it seems like its my headlights slightly aiming higher. (i hope that makes sense) No light at all to my dtr/hb. Can I reset it or something?
Old 09-20-11, 08:20 AM
TheSenator
Pole Position

Sounds like you had the connectors backwards or not pushed in far enough.
The directions said to absolutely make sure you plug in the right +/- sides of the connectors. I don't know if the iJDM's have a safeguard against reverse polarity.
Old 09-20-11, 04:57 PM
istarzan
Instructor

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Keep us updated since I want to upgrade my DRL as well. Kinda scared after reading this.
Old 10-10-11, 07:39 PM
sksandhu
Driver School Candidate

sorry for late reply i guess during install my fuse blew. I replaced it and it works fine. very dim though. now it trying to figure out how to put the dust covers back on. thanks for the help people
Old 10-10-11, 09:14 PM
whitebeast
Pole Position

Received 69 Likes on 64 Posts

Originally Posted by sksandhu
sorry for late reply i guess during install my fuse blew. I replaced it and it works fine. very dim though. now it trying to figure out how to put the dust covers back on. thanks for the help people
Was about to Tell you check your fuse cause the is no way stock bulbs not working (it works fine before installation) and impossible that you could reverse the polarity on stock bulbs.