IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

Replica wheels! (post pics)

Search this Thread

Old 09-16-11, 11:39 AM
650IS350
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

$220 a rim... is that how much reps cost? it just boggles my mind to think that you can get rims so cheep~ ... to me cheep rims are at LEAST $500 each w/o tires.
LMAO is that the mind set? just cause it's not at least $500 a piece then it's not good enough??? really?
Old 09-16-11, 11:55 AM
llamaboiz
Lexus Fanatic

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by 650IS350
LMAO is that the mind set? just cause it's not at least $500 a piece then it's not good enough??? really?
Umm... what are you talking about? If i could get brand new Works for $100 dollars i'd be all over it~, fyi: real deal JDM start at $500 per wheel and only go up from there~ Work/Volk/AME/BBS/Weds/SSR to name a few.
Old 09-16-11, 12:25 PM
TheSenator
Pole Position

Originally Posted by llamaboiz
Umm... what are you talking about? If i could get brand new Works for $100 dollars i'd be all over it~, fyi: real deal JDM start at $500 per wheel and only go up from there~ Work/Volk/AME/BBS/Weds/SSR to name a few.
I feel like the term JDM is thrown around too often.

BBS are not JDM, they are made in Germany.

Oh and ENKEI manufacturers AME wheels (same company that makes those $100 wheels.) Who'd thought that?
Old 09-16-11, 12:52 PM
smokyis350
Lexus Champion

I think BBS is made in Germany and Japan.

Here is video of BBS wheels being made in Japan..
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Bc6aaHBd5M
Old 09-16-11, 12:58 PM
llamaboiz
Lexus Fanatic

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by TheSenator
I feel like the term JDM is thrown around too often.

BBS are not JDM, they are made in Germany.
ALSO manufactured in Japan~

Oh and ENKEI manufacturers AME wheels (same company that makes those $100 wheels.) Who'd thought that?
Enkei also makes our stock wheels.
Old 09-16-11, 01:01 PM
TheSenator
Pole Position

Originally Posted by smokyis350
I think BBS is made in Germany and Japan.

Here is video of BBS wheels being made in Japan..
http://www.bbs.com/en/company/locati...rbolzheim.html

From the casting blanks to the finished wheel, Breisgau is home to BBS production with the sole exception of casting which is only carried out at the Schiltach plant. More than 140 employees use the latest technology to heat treat, dry process, flow form and lacquer BBS wheels. Multi-piece wheels are also assembled at and distributed from this plant.
EDIT: Looks like Washibeam (Japan) produces the F1 Magnesium wheel and OEM wheels for BBS.
That's all that I could find for BBS being a "JDM wheel". ????

Last edited by TheSenator; 09-16-11 at 01:13 PM.
Old 09-16-11, 01:20 PM
650IS350
Lead Lap

LLAM , I was just responding to your quote that wheels under $500 per wheel is pratically cheap to you... That gave me a chuckle to say REALLY? wish I had bread like that... LOL J/K

Just my .02 I could care a rats @ss about true JDM ( That's just me ) unless i'm in shows, repping my car around as true JDM " AUTHENTIC " etc etc. It rides nice, good price, good workmanship or doesn't break on me... I'm good with that. It's not like I'm rocking a 200K Ferrari or something with $500 wheels. And in truth I'm driving a higher model TOYOTA.

Last edited by 650IS350; 09-16-11 at 01:24 PM.
Old 09-16-11, 01:35 PM
Dvo
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by DigitalDon
Whats wrong with you people??

OP simply asked for pics of 19'' staggered setups, not if replicas are better than authentic. Why does a kind of thread always turn into a debate??
+1

*Sigh* Way to be on topic.
OP: I would have to agree that Varrstoens are a good rep. Linea Corse is affordable too. Don't listen to all the bashing. Just do your research

Varrstoens
http://www.stancenation.com/2011/09/...am/#more-19387

Linea Corse

Last edited by Dvo; 09-16-11 at 01:45 PM.
Old 09-16-11, 01:50 PM
650IS350
Lead Lap

Linea Corse is affordable too. went with Rep as it was practical to my daily driving and the quality of roads I go to and from work. As ^ said, do your research and get what you want
Old 09-16-11, 02:41 PM
AKhanis350
Driver

thanks to the people who positively contributed to the thread... i have my reason for not spending 4K on wheels...
Old 09-16-11, 03:01 PM
Phil888
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

really? you don't know the 'wrong'? you do all the R&D and someone else comes along~ blah blah blah... i really don't think i need to explain this...

SO~ how about from this point of view then:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BJeFB6SRslk

Yep this is why we always say "YOU GET WHAT YOU PAY FOR"!! Yes yes i know we cant all afford the nicer things in life but to me if you cant afford it right now get it when you can.. its not all about looking good but its about the quality of the product and that peace of mind that you're rolling in something you can trust and not something you think its good enough... I'll spend any kind of money just knowing that im getting that peace of mind
Old 09-16-11, 03:11 PM
TheSenator
Pole Position

Originally Posted by Phil888
Yep this is why we always say "YOU GET WHAT YOU PAY FOR"!! Yes yes i know we cant all afford the nicer things in life but to me if you cant afford it right now get it when you can.. its not all about looking good but its about the quality of the product and that peace of mind that you're rolling in something you can trust and not something you think its good enough... I'll spend any kind of money just knowing that im getting that peace of mind
Once again, you post a video from a RETAILER, about one wheel, and base every single manufacturer on a youtube video, which you know nothing about the specifics of the test. Way to generalize!

Because expensive wheels never ever ever ever fail either...(See how generalizing one picture/video makes no sense)

OP- I like the look of these MRR wheels too, fairly inexpensive:
Old 09-16-11, 03:24 PM
filthywet
Driver

Get some varrstoen wheels op. That's that I'm trying to get they have te37 reps Nd bbs lm reps. High quality too
Old 09-16-11, 03:30 PM
Dvo
Lexus Test Driver

OP said he's getting it for his wife's car...why would he spend thousands of dollars on brand name wheels when he knows that it can get ruined easily? Besides, it's just something that will look good for her ride. She obviously wouldn't care what anyone will say about her "rep wheels" cause she's not a car enthusiast like most of us.

Rep doesn't always mean it's not good quality. I know plenty of people who have Varrstoens and they've had no problems with it. OP, you might want to check them out they have a decent amount of selection for a fairly good price
Old 09-17-11, 01:38 PM
Acingteam
Intermediate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i had to google that name~ $220 a rim... is that how much reps cost? it just boggles my mind to think that you can get rims so cheep~ ... to me cheep rims are at LEAST $500 each w/o tires... so when someone says they can get volk ce28s for 1.8k i think thats a DEAL~
Yup. I got the whole set shipped to my door with tires mounted and balanced for around $1,600... Brand New.

Car looks great....nice stance!

What wheels are those Privat's replicating?
Thanks man. Like Rash said, it's more of a rip off than a replica... the closest wheel is obviously a BBS LM. BUT... this one is not flat like BBS' are, you can see the curviture in the rim... and there are subtle differences as well. Still looks very nice, and I don't regret buying them at all.

Last edited by Acingteam; 09-17-11 at 01:58 PM.

Quick Reply: Replica wheels! (post pics)