IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

Did I broke in carbin filter lid?

Search this Thread

Old 09-23-11, 03:47 PM
p0lo8
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by ohiois350
Hi guys, I got a good new, I finally fix it this morning it took me 10mins to get where the servo, as soon as I remove the plastic hose for the passenger foot air the broken arm of the filter lid felt out, but anyway the hardest part for me to finish the fix is to remove the filter lid, fist I tried to remove the whole flow air unit which didn't success I finally figure out how to remove the lid, when the lid removed I took that broken arm screw it back to the lid and out it back on, now everything work normal which I am happy now, I learned my lesson next time if I want to fix something have to read the manual first, man the dealer quote me about $700 just for parts
What filter lid you talking about? recirculation door?
there is no need to remove it, you can just drill thru the hinge when its open.

On what setting should the air flow be, recirculate or from outside, when the fix is being done?
Old 09-23-11, 11:31 PM
ohiois350
Pole Position

Received 55 Likes on 43 Posts

Originally Posted by p0lo8
What filter lid you talking about? recirculation door?
there is no need to remove it, you can just drill thru the hinge when its open.

On what setting should the air flow be, recirculate or from outside, when the fix is being done?
the broken arm that connect to the servo, I don't have small 45 degree angel drill, so I remove the lid it suppose to move up and down when you select recirclation or have the air come from the outside, it is easy to screw it back on when you have that lid out, but to remove that lid it hard, I spent almost an hour to figure out how to remove that lid, but after i got the lid out, i just use one long thin bolt to screw that broken arm back to the lid, and it secure, the lucky thing was when the arm broke, it broke angel, so when I screw it back the broken angel is the tip to hold the arm lock into it place so i won't turn later. Before I put everything back together I tested to see it work correctly? when I turn the recirculation the servo move the filter lid up( that is where it suppose to be when we change the filter) and when I press the button again to have the air come from the outside the lid close down.

Last edited by ohiois350; 09-24-11 at 08:18 AM.
Old 09-24-11, 04:58 AM
Bichon
Super Moderator

Received 270 Likes on 239 Posts

Originally Posted by llamaboiz
i've always found these threads interesting, since day 1 my a/c has always been on recirc, why would i want outside air coming into my car? its my farts and i like the smell
That's probably because you live in Hawaii. In colder climates you'd discover that the windows will fog up unless you are running the A/C compressor. Some people do that to gain an added 1 or 2 MPG in fuel mileage in moderate temperatures, and it happens automatically when the outside temp drops much below freezing.

Personally, even in hot weather, I usually prefer fresh air except when it is very humid, when driving near something smelly like an old diesel truck or bus, or when my allergies are bad.
Old 09-25-11, 02:21 AM
Jetfire
Royale with cheese

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

^i always have it on fresh air except when the a/c is running(rarely).