IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

My Sewell Vent

Search this Thread

Old 09-27-11 | 07:26 PM
ddhleigh
Pole Position

I ran into dimensional weight a lot when I worked for eBay. People complained about shipping when they didn't understand the concept the shippers use to calculate the weight.
Old 09-27-11 | 07:28 PM
istarzan
Instructor

Bottom line, Sewell is cheaper even if you factor in shipping, provided you're not buying one bolt or sticker and pay $10 to ship it.

I dare someone email this thread to Sewell. I'd like to see their react.
Old 09-27-11 | 07:33 PM
dackp143
Pole Position

Well I have been sticking up for them, they owe me a free set of 2011 headlights, those jerks!
Old 09-27-11 | 08:29 PM
ddhleigh
Pole Position

Originally Posted by istarzan
Bottom line, Sewell is cheaper even if you factor in shipping, provided you're not buying one bolt or sticker and pay $10 to ship it.

I dare someone email this thread to Sewell. I'd like to see their react.
Sent to Sewell. Along with link to this post. Let's see if they reply.
Old 09-27-11 | 08:45 PM
dackp143
Pole Position

Originally Posted by ddhleigh
Sent to Sewell. Along with link to this post. Let's see if they reply.
Probably not according to all the Mr. Negatives in this thread
Old 09-27-11 | 11:07 PM
Sango
Pole Position

I'm not too sure about Sewell. They have to address their replying to emails. I have not heard anything about my email I sent a few days ago. An email should be replied within 24-48 hours.
Old 09-28-11 | 01:59 AM
weesped
Lexus Champion

This thread has lost any meaning. Dackp143 is obviously in love with sewell and they can do no wrong so theres no real reason to continue feeding this. But it will be interesting to see if sewell says anything on this thread.
Old 09-28-11 | 05:32 AM
Stylnhonda
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by weesped
This thread has lost any meaning. Dackp143 is obviously in love with sewell and they can do no wrong so theres no real reason to continue feeding this. But it will be interesting to see if sewell says anything on this thread.
I agree, how dumb. No one ever said they hated Sewell. Pople are voicing their opinion on Sewell's customer service and shipping (somehow this turned into "well do you want them to hire another employee for $15 an hr and make our prices go up") when customer service should be high on a list of priorities. You can't "stay afloat" for long with crappy customer service.

Maybe FedEx is just high on shipping. I actually shipped an ISx50 exhaust to Texas a few weeks ago. Through work, who has a UPS account. I paid $19 I thought this was a pretty good price!

Just put a F Sport exhaust in my "cart" on Sewell from TX to me and it's $44.24. Maybe FedEx is just that much more! The F Sport is already in a box from Lexus, and FedEx comes by Sewell to pick up the package.

Who knows
Old 09-28-11 | 06:32 AM
dackp143
Pole Position

Originally Posted by weesped
As you continue to discuss only the things that you CHOOSE to discuss rather than the facts Weesped, lets AGAIN read back over my posts from page three so you can get your story straight.

I'm not in love with Sewell (wtf?), I do like their prices and I'm just sticking up that there is a meaning behind their shipping methods that is not very obvious to some of you. You are only picking out what you want to hear rather than understanding everything everyone in this forum are saying.

Just put a F Sport exhaust in my "cart" on Sewell from TX to me and it's $44.24. Maybe FedEx is just that much more! The F Sport is already in a box from Lexus, and FedEx comes by Sewell to pick up the package.

Who knows
Yeah, those full exhaust systems are heavy! If I were you I would call FedEx and see what the shipping cost for ground shipping would be from your zip code to Sewell's zip code and see how much it really is compared to what Sewell is charging. Then you will know for sure!

Last edited by dackp143; 09-28-11 at 06:36 AM.
Old 09-28-11 | 09:55 AM
Stylnhonda
Lexus Test Driver

Sewell posted in the other Sewell Vent thread!
Old 09-28-11 | 10:14 AM
calvin2376
Racer

Will someone please close this thread?

How is there still discussion going on? OP - if you don't like Sewell, don't buy from them! HOW IS THIS DIFFICULT?

This is the beauty of a free-market economy. You can vote with your dollars. If you don't like a company's service, go somewhere else. Keep in mind you have to take into account more than just their service, however - you have to factor in price, convenience, etc. So there might be one company that has terrible service but their prices are much better than others. You personally have to judge for yourself which outweighs the other.

But regardless of that, what exactly is your point here? Sorry you seemed to have a poor experience with Sewell. I'm sure they are too. But far more people on CL (myself included) have had extremely positive experiences with the company than not. The people who had poor experiences are welcome to shop elsewhere. The people who had good experiences will likely continue shopping there.

Pages and pages of posts and yet no point whatsoever.
Old 09-28-11 | 10:33 AM
Chekmi21
Lead Lap

I've purchased a few things from them, including my entire GFX kit. I've also inquired about a few products that I did not purchase.

1) The prices for their stuff are awesome. I got my entire GFX kit for $300
2) Darryl has been more than responsive to all of my inquiries and professional

I've never had any issues with them and I have had a good experience. Not everyone is perfect but they're much better than 90% of what's out there.
Old 09-28-11 | 11:14 AM
my1s250
Lead Lap

email response from them takes for ever one time I email them about the fsport spring and got email back prolly a month later.....but you can order from them and get it put on at the lexus dealer if you in live in dallas and save on shipping
Old 09-28-11 | 11:22 AM
DaveGS4
Forum Administrator

Originally Posted by calvin2376
Will someone please close this thread?

How is there still discussion going on? OP - if you don't like Sewell, don't buy from them! HOW IS THIS DIFFICULT?

This is the beauty of a free-market economy. You can vote with your dollars. If you don't like a company's service, go somewhere else. Keep in mind you have to take into account more than just their service, however - you have to factor in price, convenience, etc. So there might be one company that has terrible service but their prices are much better than others. You personally have to judge for yourself which outweighs the other.

But regardless of that, what exactly is your point here? Sorry you seemed to have a poor experience with Sewell. I'm sure they are too. But far more people on CL (myself included) have had extremely positive experiences with the company than not. The people who had poor experiences are welcome to shop elsewhere. The people who had good experiences will likely continue shopping there.

Pages and pages of posts and yet no point whatsoever.
I've got to agree with Calvin on this - both the thread getting nowhere and the easy solution. If you don't like the price of something (either the item or the shipping), then don't buy it!

OP, I understand Sewell has reached out to you on your missing item. If this isn't the case, let me know via PM