IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

Modding (no pics yet - nothing special) Comments/Questions

Search this Thread

Old 10-02-11, 11:20 AM
mwernerps2
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Modding (no pics yet - nothing special) Comments/Questions

Just got car and started modding. Need to research before I start :-). Pissed I did not read and find out the badges have holes under them - I thought car manufacturers stopped this practice years ago - my last three cars had no holes. Now I have to have crappy F Sport badges on the side of my car - looks so much better with out them but I am not painting at this time so back on they go.

Also, bought F Sport Wheel installation kit to rid the car of chrome lug nuts - oops they do not fit the supposed F Sport wheels you get when you purchase F Sport option... Guess I should have read F Sport option is not F Sport at all, just a bunch of F Sport wannabe stuff...

Well at least the black pearl badges, air box, and exhaust work with the car...

Should I lower with stock shocks (can't call them F Sport) and H&R springs or am I asking for trouble/ride issues?
Old 10-02-11, 12:54 PM
Nelly
Instructor

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

I was on the same boat as you until I read about the holes. A few members on here with isx50 f-sports with h&r springs with "stock" shocks and it has been no problem so far. I think you should be good.
Old 10-02-11, 04:50 PM
mwernerps2
Driver School Candidate

Thanks. If anyone is looking for a RWD F Sport Wheel Installation Kit really cheap (opened but not installed), some stock IS 350 logos (I have all of them), stock exhaust, or stock air box - I have all of the above with < 100 miles on them :-). I don't want any of it in my already full garage...
Old 10-02-11, 05:23 PM
Wunko
Racer

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by InspireME
I was on the same boat as you until I read about the holes. A few members on here with isx50 f-sports with h&r springs with "stock" shocks and it has been no problem so far. I think you should be good.
Yep! I'm one of them. I have the 2011 IS350 F-Sport package and have the car lowered on H&R Sport Springs and did not touch the shocks (the F-Sport package shocks, not F-Sport aftermarket shocks). An even stiffer ride but looks better and no problems yet.
Old 10-02-11, 05:32 PM
mwernerps2
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by Wunko
Yep! I'm one of them. I have the 2011 IS350 F-Sport package and have the car lowered on H&R Sport Springs and did not touch the shocks (the F-Sport package shocks, not F-Sport aftermarket shocks). An even stiffer ride but looks better and no problems yet.
I'm in - just ordered...