IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

Am I being too picky or I just have to let it go? [rim damaged by dealership]

Search this Thread

Old 10-04-11, 12:02 AM
wslwang
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Am I being too picky or I just have to let it go? [rim damaged by dealership]

So I got my IS350c 2011 brand new few month ago, it's about 8000 miles now. Few days ago I got a nail in my rear tire and unable to repair so I bring it back to dealership for tire replacement. The reason I took it back to Lexus dealer because "I thought" dealership would do a better job than local tire store because the mark L would mean better job since they cost a little more.

The service was good, people were nice but my heart starts bleed when I see this thing. Apparently Lexus dealership technician did a careless job during tire replacement. Wheel was hit by whatever tool he use.

I don't know if I am too picky or what but this is something I would never expect. I check my another car which was serviced by local Discount Tires few months ago and they didn't even make any mark at all. I just want to ask you guys should I tell them about this or just let it go.

thanks

Wesley

Last edited by wslwang; 10-04-11 at 12:04 AM. Reason: spell check
Old 10-04-11, 12:06 AM
llamaboiz
Lexus Fanatic

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

the only time you ever go back to the stealership is for recalls... OR if you know the techs there... hell we have CL members who work as techs and they let NO ONE touch their cars, tells ya something right there dont it
Old 10-04-11, 12:10 AM
Snubbles
Lexus Test Driver

^true that
Old 10-04-11, 12:19 AM
lowis250
Lead Lap

I woud just let it go. you still have a good looking car and rim and there only oem rims
Old 10-04-11, 12:23 AM
wslwang
Driver School Candidate

Good point, I was thinking to buy F-sports rim but now I decided not to do it. I just can't believe they can't even do a simple thing right.
Old 10-04-11, 12:29 AM
lowis250
Lead Lap

^ yea man ppl dont treat cars like they should when you drop it off. sorry it had to happin but it was due at some point lexus or Discount Tires some one was going to mess up
Old 10-04-11, 12:38 AM
SCWB
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

How noticeable they are when you look from far away?
Old 10-04-11, 01:35 AM
crazybuggy
Racer

i say u get it fixed by the dealership. if they messed up, they shud fix it. the only thing id worry about is if theyd mess something up even more.... /:
Old 10-04-11, 04:43 AM
APynckel
Pole Position

Originally Posted by crazybuggy
i say u get it fixed by the dealership. if they messed up, they shud fix it. the only thing id worry about is if theyd mess something up even more.... /:

This. Work is work, and if a workplace botches a job, they should fix it. There are ethical considerations that need to be looked at from their side. ESPECIALLY from a services standpoint.
Old 10-04-11, 05:14 AM
Khandfw
Driver

I took my wife's GS to Discount tire for Balance and rotation... half way through tghe manager approached me and told me the tech accidently scratched one of the rims (non-oem) I saw it and thought its barely noticeable till they asked where did I buy the rims from because they want to order me one.

They will always get by business.
Old 10-04-11, 06:17 AM
whitebeast
Pole Position

Received 69 Likes on 64 Posts

You could go back to your stealership and tell them that your rim was damage by them and ask them for replacement.
Old 10-04-11, 06:28 AM
calvin2376
Racer

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

1. Yes, you absolutely should bring this up to the dealership. I know people rag on dealerships endlessly here, and I join in as well, but in my experience with things like this they should be willing to make it right. Especially considering it's a brand new car and you brought it in for work on the wheels. Were it an older car, or had you brought it in for something engine-related and then there was a mark on your wheel, they'd probably be less helpful. It would help extremely if you had pictures of the car and wheels prior to your bringing it in that showed no damage. However...

2. If it's already been a few days or weeks since the appointment, you may be out of luck. Things like this MUST be addressed IMMEDIATELY upon arriving at the dealership to pick up the car. Anytime you take your car in (be it the dealer or not), inspect the car before and after you pick it up. If you have any concerns, address them immediately with the service manager. Often these dealerships have clauses in their service contracts that explicitly state that for you to have any recourse you must bring it up before driving the car off the lot.

This is exactly what those pre-service car inspection forms are for, where you and the service manager walk around the car and circle all areas of pre-existing damage. That way, if you come back and there's nothing noted on an area where there's now damage, you can both be assured it occurred during service.
Old 10-04-11, 07:59 AM
iRock
Lexus Champion

you should definately try to get that replaced. Good luck though because one you pull off the lot it could of been caused by anything in there eyes, mine to if I were service manager. Always inspect your car before you leave, always.
Old 10-04-11, 08:11 AM
Stylnhonda
Lexus Test Driver

I would not let it go. You took your car in to their shop in it's condition, don't you deserve to get it back in the same condition?

I HATE taking my car to get anything done. I have some OCD issues lol. The number one thing I hate is when people say "it's a car, get use to it, stuff is going to happen" well not here. If stuff happens, I get it fixed. I hate a car with flaws!
Old 10-04-11, 08:16 AM
DexRox512
Turkey Killer

Take it back. But like everyone else is saying...how do they know a rock didn't grab the wheel on the freeway while you were driving home? I always get worried having anyone work with my wheels...OEM or not...it's very easy to be careless and one slip could mean your wheel is toast. They expect people to just ignore it...but they know they did it and you've gotta call they're bluff......or...............scuff!

Quick Reply: Am I being too picky or I just have to let it go? [rim damaged by dealership]