IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

Got hit while parked

Search this Thread

Old 10-06-11, 03:44 PM
birador
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ouchesss,hurt a lot!with that impact it might have some inside bad body alignments-go to a very reputable auto body shop to diagnose every single piece of your ride.good thing nobody is inside the car..
Old 10-06-11, 03:51 PM
busdepot
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by TheSenator
Damn, sorry that happened OP, at least you caught the kid!

To the other posters, like you would really beat the **** out of a 16-17 year old teenager, and go to prison for a handful of years over less than a few grand in damages? Your lawyer would be more expensive than the cost to fix the damage...

I think the OP did exactly the right thing, and now you can take it out on his insurance agency....
Dude, that's at least $7-8,000 repair job. I don't know what your experience with body shops is, but you can't even walk into a shop for less than a grand. My car got broken into a few months ago with a giant rock through the window. Bill came to $11,000 by the time all the leather was repaired. Yes, people would feel great about a few good knocks to the person who just smashed up the car you spends thousands modifying and perfecting. Not that I condone violence or anything. From professional experience, you would likely be charged with misdemeanor assault. The face that a minor is involved probably wouldn't affect anyhting either. Given the circumstances, it would be unlikely that charges would even be laid in the first place.

All that aside, OP, try to get in touch with the owners of the other vehicles that were hit. Witnesses go a long long way when it comes to being indemnified by your insurance company.
Old 10-06-11, 04:06 PM
ddhleigh
Pole Position

When I had my collision that resulted from damage to the front to rear panel it was approx $6700 in damage. Based on the pics, you are probably looking at 10k + not counting any damage we can't see. Wheels will need to be refinished or replaced, new doors, etc. Ouch sorry dude.
Old 10-06-11, 04:11 PM
rookieIS
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

looks like the whole side has to be fixed and painted. hopefully it didnt affect the frame. i would kick that kid's *** if that was me
Old 10-06-11, 04:27 PM
TheSenator
Pole Position

Originally Posted by busdepot
Dude, that's at least $7-8,000 repair job. I don't know what your experience with body shops is, but you can't even walk into a shop for less than a grand. My car got broken into a few months ago with a giant rock through the window. Bill came to $11,000 by the time all the leather was repaired. Yes, people would feel great about a few good knocks to the person who just smashed up the car you spends thousands modifying and perfecting. Not that I condone violence or anything. From professional experience, you would likely be charged with misdemeanor assault. The face that a minor is involved probably wouldn't affect anyhting either. Given the circumstances, it would be unlikely that charges would even be laid in the first place.

All that aside, OP, try to get in touch with the owners of the other vehicles that were hit. Witnesses go a long long way when it comes to being indemnified by your insurance company.
LOL the damage amount wasn't correct but it is irrelevant. Actually its called battery when you hit someone intentionally and actually perform the act, only assault would be if you swung and missed. Wouldn't you know that professionally??? Remember he said teenager.....a minor. You can also be put on a child abuse registry in most states that could keep you from a job even if it is a misdemeanor. Then, his parents will surely (and easily) sue you in civil court. But yeah, tooootally worth punching a kid.
A legal adult might be a different story, beating a minor makes the 5 oclock news.

Good luck OP, hope it works out for you!
Old 10-06-11, 04:28 PM
RastaRacer
Lexus Champion

Received 19 Likes on 11 Posts

ouch ouch ouch.....sorry man, good luck with the repairs.
Old 10-06-11, 04:43 PM
don
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Oh my!!
Old 10-06-11, 06:13 PM
LILVI3TNAM
Rookie

dammm that dont look good at all If i were you I'll just get all the money I CAN and buy myself a brand neww IS maybe ISF cause you'll deserve it after this
Old 10-06-11, 06:13 PM
KillaIS250
Lexus Fanatic

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Damn thats crazy! i wasn't expecting that much damage. I'm assuming he had no insurance since you stated he had no license either. Sucks Hope you get it fixed and the kid gets his right to even have a license suspended. Make sure you get payment on the diminished value of the car!
Old 10-06-11, 07:47 PM
100degrees
Pole Position

WHere in NY is that? I always think twice about leaving my car on the street in NY.
Old 10-06-11, 07:55 PM
rookieIS
Lexus Champion

even if the car was fixed, it wouldnt feel the same driving in it anymore..
Old 10-06-11, 09:34 PM
trixxx519
Lexus Test Driver

damn that suck, keep us updating, hope you sue the **** outta these teens thinking they can do anything and get away with it
btw where in ny is this?
Old 10-06-11, 10:19 PM
Icy350
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Sorry about what happened with your car, Teen drivers these days are idiots and should learn to friggen drive.

However, looking at your damage, it dosent seem to be THAT BAD. I would estimate it to be about 1.5g per door (Assuming you need to replace interior panels) And prolly another 2gs for misc things. So your repair bill should not exceed 6.5k, If it does you are definately over paying.
Old 10-06-11, 10:22 PM
Ca1vN
Driver

guys, he said he had no license, how can it be suspended? if anything he could sue the owner of the car which is probably the parents. also where in NY was this? i live in ny too and now im scared..
Old 10-06-11, 11:10 PM
GilIS250
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by nmpeter
His skull would have been against the floor if that happened to me.
peter, with every post I read that's exactly what I wanted to do ... Beat the hell out off that kid ...

Originally Posted by 100degrees
WHere in NY is that? I always think twice about leaving my car on the street in NY.
Great, my wife parks the car on the street since the driveway is too steep even at stock height...

Quick Reply: Got hit while parked