IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

Iphone Ios5 with 3GS & 4S. Name not showing on screen

Search this Thread

Old 10-14-11, 03:15 PM
IS250FA
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Iphone Ios5 with 3GS & 4S. Name not showing on screen

Hi Everyone, I have been following this forum for a while but this is my first post. I have a 2011 IS250 SE-L with NAV.

I have recently upgraded my old iPhone 3GS to iOS 5 and just purchased an iPhone 4S. Both phones connect to the cars bluetooth without any problems, BUT when a phone call comes in, the car will not reconise the name of the person calling from my phone book. Only their number comes up. Now i have worked out that this is because the car has imported my phones contacts with the +44 country code in front as it has always done. However, when the phone call comes through to the car, the number that comes up is the phone number without the country code in front and as a result it doesnt tally up with the cars phone book, which is really annoying. One way around this is to remove the +44 from all of the cars contacts but this is very time consuming and annoying as there were no problems previously.
Has anyone else experienced this? Any advice would be much appreciated

Francis
Old 10-14-11, 03:45 PM
codenko
Lead Lap

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

try turning off international dial assist on the iphone's settings and see if that does anything
Old 10-14-11, 05:17 PM
Gladius
Pole Position

Received 14 Likes on 9 Posts

Get an Android: Problem solved.
Lol......j/k
Old 10-14-11, 06:48 PM
JNGold
Driver School Candidate

I have a is250 as well and I am having issues connecting and using a2dp with my 2011 IS250. The 4s connects to the phone profile but I can't play music. I had no issues with my iOS5 iPhone 4. How were you able to connect your new 4s for it to work with both phone and stereo?

TIA.
Old 10-15-11, 10:10 PM
Lil4cyl
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by Gladius
Get an Android: Problem solved.
Lol......j/k

+100000000000000
Old 10-16-11, 03:33 AM
509IS350
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

no you need to re-sync your phone. just delete the connection on your phone and reconnect it, it should work.which i ran into and worked. i was actually getting an alignment on my car at Toyota since a Lexus dealer was more than 300 miles away and no one else had to program to do it. A guy with a 2011 Prius was complaining about how he has to call twice to get his Bluetooth to work on his car. the service person was like it was the phone carriers problem and it should work fine and complained how att didn't like to connect, which i had. they called the service tech in and he was like the only way the Bluetooth shouldn't work was he bump the main head unit really hard b/c its build in the head unit. Which he was right. so i heard all this and bumped in and was like hey sorry for talking in( mind you there was like 15 other people in there lol including techs and customers) you should delete your phone and reconnect it and they all looked at me like what?! duh. sure enough they did that and i was right and they wanted me hired. lol they give me a discount for doing it.... lol they should of gave it to me free free since my mom and sister both bought cars from there dealership also. ne ways hope that helped
Old 03-01-12, 01:55 PM
Juanca
Lexus Champion

Sorry to bring this thread back from dead but I'm in the same situation. For months I've been trying to figure out how to make the iPhone pass the country code through bluetooth, but apparently there is no option for that. Since I make and receive lots of international calls, all my contacts have the country code, editing the whole phone book on the phone and re-sync is out of the question. Editing the phone book on the car shouldn't be the solution. Is there any other way to fix this problem?
Old 03-01-12, 05:47 PM
silvaIS
Intermediate

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

my car is like that and i dont use any international assist. i guess thats just how it is
Old 03-01-12, 08:32 PM
PlacidBoi
Lead Lap

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

I have a 2006 IS250 and I connnected my phone to the car through blue tooth.
I never figured out how to enter my phonebook into the car, nor did I figure out how to make calls without having to touch my phone.
All in all, I pretty much only use it to answer calls, and incomming calls only show the number!~
Old 03-01-12, 11:12 PM
kegleyb
Driver

You need to re-sync the contacts via your navigation screen. I went into settings, selected "phone book", and selected "transfer data."

If you don't have navigation, I think you can use the "add entry" voice command and enter it that way.

I have a 2011 and it's worked every time I've updated a number in my phone. Perhaps it's different on other years?
Old 03-14-12, 01:03 AM
Apex3
Driver School Candidate

Default Display incoming call name

Having problem with incoming calls displaying number only. No name.

I have a Droidx to a 2012 ES350 and everything works fine, except for the name of the person calling. Checked the call history on the Nav. and the weird thing is that is shows names for outgoing, but same person incoming only comes up as number,

I'd rather see a name displayed for an incoming call rather than trying to read 10 digits and remember who it might be at 70mph.

Anyone have any idea how to get the name to display?
Old 03-14-12, 09:54 AM
Apex3
Driver School Candidate

Cybeclipse got me in the right direction.

Since I use my cell international, I have the prefix 1 for U.S. calls. Removing the 1 before the area code on the Nav. phonebook will show the name and all info on full screen setting. Even better - set phone display to the drop down option and just the name will show for an incoming call.

Hope this helps anyone else.
Old 03-14-12, 07:58 PM
Juanca
Lexus Champion

^^^ Not a good fix to something that was working perfectly fine prior to IOS5 (after all this post is about iPhones). I have over 700 contacts copied to my car's headunit, editing them all is not an option. If I had an international incoming call and the number was registered on my car's contacts, it displayed the name, removing the country's code won't help in these cases. I hope Apple fixes this problem in a future firmware, unless they did already on 5.1 which I haven't tried yet.
Old 03-14-12, 10:07 PM
sr20mofo
Instructor

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

i see what ur problem is... ur using an iphone.
Old 03-15-12, 09:42 AM
Juanca
Lexus Champion

^^^ Why would I downgrade to Android or Blackberry?

Quick Reply: Iphone Ios5 with 3GS & 4S. Name not showing on screen