IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

Just one of those days

Search this Thread

Old 10-19-11, 12:40 AM
509IS350
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

sorry for your loss. hopefully everything turns out fine. on to the next one.....
Old 10-19-11, 07:54 AM
NickTomsyc
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

don't want to be the bearer of bad news, but from the way you explain it, it sounds like you hit the car in front of you and knocked them into the car in front of them. It will most likely be written up as your fault.
+1 for this.

I was re-ended - I was stopped at a light behing a guy, someone flew up behind me and smacked me hard enough to hit the guy in front of me.... the guy who initially hit me was put to blame for everyone.
Old 10-20-11, 04:49 PM
aznpapaya
Lead Lap

to do that is getting the impression that I'm trying to blame all this one the other driver, I'm not! I know that it is partly my fault, what I'm trying to say that I believe that the other driver has some fault in this as well because they suddenly slow down for no apparent reason. But nontheless, I talked to the body hop today and they said that they're going to repair everything for me. I also asked them if I can pay extra and have them order the 2012 bumper, grill, and headlight but they said that they cannot because the all of those parts are not the same as the 07. I know that the headlight is a little complicated to put into a 07 but I though the bumper and grill of 12 and 07 are the same and they could be swap directly. Any one have any info on this?
Old 10-20-11, 05:18 PM
istarzan
Instructor

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

^ There is a thread on here about that. Someone did it, from 08 to 2010 by MR.BBQ I think. 2010 & 2012 are the same I think. Its not plug and play. You have to cut some parts etc to fit. I'm pretty sure everything is different, fog lights, grill, etc.

However, an 09 is slightly different but direct fit and all you need is the grill and rol plate cover. I know this since I made a thread asking. GL.
Old 10-20-11, 05:27 PM
aznpapaya
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by istarzan
^ There is a thread on here about that. Someone did it, from 08 to 2010 by MR.BBQ I think. 2010 & 2012 are the same I think. Its not plug and play. You have to cut some parts etc to fit. I'm pretty sure everything is different, fog lights, grill, etc.

However, an 09 is slightly different but direct fit and all you need is the grill and rol plate cover. I know this since I made a thread asking. GL.
I see, thanks for the input. But the guy at my body said that if it's not a direct fit they cannot do it since my insurance will be paying for everything. I even told him that I'll pay extra, but he said that since the insurance is hiring him to repair to the way it is they can't deviate from that. So i guess not 12' upgrade for me. But oh well, I'm happy that I'll be getting my car back.
Old 10-20-11, 05:30 PM
Sffd103
Fire Slayer

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Do you know anyone at a body shop or do you know anyone who is friends of a body shop? The parts are kinda the same price as an 08'. good luck figuring it out.
Old 10-20-11, 05:41 PM
aznpapaya
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by Sffd103
Do you know anyone at a body shop or do you know anyone who is friends of a body shop? The parts are kinda the same price as an 08'. good luck figuring it out.
I know a friend that has a friend that work at a body shop. But the problem is that the body shop I took my car to is a certified body shop for my insurance so it can be repaired faster since there's not need for the shop to give a quote and then the insurance company have to come and verify it. I know that the price of the 07 and the 12 bumper and grill are very similar thats why i was trying to get the new model but if I could.
Old 10-20-11, 07:31 PM
starknight
Lead Lap

sorry to see that happened. totally sucked! good luck!