IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

Girl backed into my 2011 IS250 =[

Search this Thread

Old 10-21-11, 08:15 AM
Daisy81
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by TaYLoRGanG
Im not even sure if the insurance would do that. Because its not like if it was totaled, does anybody know that the insurance would just work with you for the price of that vehicle after repairs and a price of the vehicle same condition to yours but without any accident, to see that it has loss value? and maybe they can just give you a reasonable price of its value.
Nope, because her insurance works for her not you. They won't help you make a claim against her.
Old 10-21-11, 08:33 AM
TaYLoRGanG
Driver

Ya i just called my insurance state farm to see since my car is basically new, would they be able to replace it. But only Allstate insurance has that policy where if you car is less than a year old or something they would be able to help you out. =[ looks like I'm in loss either way =[ "AllState your in good hands" damn right ill be but I'm with "like a good neighbor state farm is here" i don't want you to be my neighbor anymore. Its alright i guess i gotta deal with the loss, but hopefully the repair looks good. Ill go take some pics of it now.
Old 10-21-11, 08:48 AM
TaYLoRGanG
Driver

Yaa im willing to pay for 1 i just called my local Lexus about the parts the guy says some bumpers do come preprinted but majority of them don't, i guess ill talk to someone in person on the day of my appt. I taken some pics wondering how to post them on here? Using photo bucket would work right?
Old 10-21-11, 08:49 AM
Daisy81
Driver School Candidate

You do know you're making a claim against her insurance not yours right? The insurance products you are talking about don't apply to you because they are handling her liability brought on by hitting you with fixing your car and compensating you for your remaining loss or replacing it outright. You can talk with her insurance company and bring up the fact that it is new and very low milage and sternly (not rude) ask for a replacement since new can't be restored. If they won't then there is no reason you can't get a very good repair and some money in your pocket. You don't have to take their first offer, they are low balling you. Treat them like you would a car dealer when your buying a new car.
Old 10-21-11, 08:59 AM
TaYLoRGanG
Driver

Thanks for the tips Daisy81! I just left her a voicemail, hopefully i get awesome news from her return call. =D
Old 10-21-11, 09:01 AM
TaYLoRGanG
Driver

If you look at the 2 pictures i noticed the bumper did push back since the exhaust sticks out an inch further than the right side
Old 10-21-11, 09:19 AM
Sango
Pole Position

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Yaa im willing to pay for 1 i just called my local Lexus about the parts the guy says some bumpers do come preprinted but majority of them don't, i guess ill talk to someone in person on the day of my appt. I taken some pics wondering how to post them on here? Using photo bucket would work right?
As long as you're not paying for it, I would presue it. Would come in handy for people who want bumpers with no drilled holes from licence plate brackets being put in from the dealership.

I have heard two different responses from Lexus about prepainted.

Originally Posted by Lexus Customer Service
We apologize; Lexus does not stock pre-painted replacement body panels in our national parts network. As every vehicle has many exterior panels and is offered in many different colors, the additional cost required to house pre-painted parts in every color would be prohibitive and greatly reduce our ability to offer our customers replacement parts at affordable and reasonable prices....
I did get this answer from the parts manager I know.

Originally Posted by Lexus Parts Manager
There are no factory painted body panels available from Lexus USA.. reason is that the cars are painted on the line with exact amounts of paint, one container of paint is exact amount of paint for one car. All of the replacement panels are sold as repair parts expected to be painted by qualified shop. There are some exceptions to this like body side moldings for example, probably because they are made and painted and then installed at the factory. Some of these types of parts end up being available in primer only after enough time goes by...
Old 10-21-11, 09:36 AM
shadowman
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

sorry to hear about that...

My car also got hit when it was brand new... I only had the car for like 2 weeks and some idiot backed up into my passenger side door. I asked for a new door and none of the pop out crap. The adjuster agreed since my car was brand new... they gave me a new door. I took mine to a good body shop since dealership rarely do body work... they contract that stuff out.
Old 10-21-11, 09:44 AM
jonjon6228
Rookie

Default bumper

sorry to hear that... i know exactly how you feel.
when i picked up my 2011, i was rear ended. with only 50 miles on my odometer! on top of that, the kid gave me a insurance that was not valid... ( i found out after i made the claim). obviously i ate the damage myself... ( didn't want to hassle with small claims ect...)
lexus dealer quoted me $1100 for a new bumper, and paint. everything matched.
don't worry, atleast at the dealer, if it dosn't match, you can ask them to redo it until you're satisfy.
Old 10-21-11, 09:57 AM
Daisy81
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by jonjon6228
sorry to hear that... i know exactly how you feel.
when i picked up my 2011, i was rear ended. with only 50 miles on my odometer! on top of that, the kid gave me a insurance that was not valid... ( i found out after i made the claim). obviously i ate the damage myself... ( didn't want to hassle with small claims ect...)
lexus dealer quoted me $1100 for a new bumper, and paint. everything matched.
don't worry, atleast at the dealer, if it dosn't match, you can ask them to redo it until you're satisfy.
That is a good point. If that happens to me again, hopefully not, I will call and confirm the insurance information with the company before I tell the cop that I am satisfied where the officer realeases the at fault driver. That way if someone even thinks of trying to rip me off the officer is there to slap the person in cuffs and impound the car and my insurance company knows exactly who to go after.
Old 10-21-11, 10:06 AM
OPTiK
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Don't bumpers have your VIN number etched inside? So if anyone ever pulled it off to make sure your car was accident free they would know it wasnt.
Old 10-21-11, 11:08 AM
birador
Lead Lap

accident happen but we can avoid it if those drivers are care enough to look and use their mirrors while they're backing out the parking area
Old 10-21-11, 11:21 AM
TaYLoRGanG
Driver

Her insurance is denying liability to my damages because of conflicting stories, since it was in a private owned parking lot it will be up to the insurance companies to decide who's at fault. After the incident she stated she was at fault she's sorry she didn't see me. I should have recorded it on camera or something. Im so disappointed so frustrated. Her insurance told me i can file a claim through my insurance have them represent the issue and the lady said there will be a 3rd party to listen to both sides of the insurance and make a final decision. I won't do that filing a claim would cost me 500$ deductible fees. I have classes with her Mon Wed and Fri for english ima try to talk to her and pretend like i didn't talk with her insurance yet and see what she says ( recording a video at the same time through y iPhone) god I'm so upset.
Old 10-21-11, 11:37 AM
Daisy81
Driver School Candidate

Her insurance is denying liability to my damages because of conflicting stories, since it was in a private owned parking lot it will be up to the insurance companies to decide who's at fault. After the incident she stated she was at fault she's sorry she didn't see me. I should have recorded it on camera or something. Im so disappointed so frustrated. Her insurance told me i can file a claim through my insurance have them represent the issue and the lady said there will be a 3rd party to listen to both sides of the insurance and make a final decision. I won't do that filing a claim would cost me 500$ deductible fees. I have classes with her Mon Wed and Fri for english ima try to talk to her and pretend like i didn't talk with her insurance yet and see what she says ( recording a video at the same time through y iPhone) god I'm so upset.
You didn't have a police officer there to get a police report or have a witness? I'm sorry it doesn't sound like there is much you can do that is legal at this point without getting her to do a "you can't handle the truth" moment on video or audio.
Old 10-21-11, 12:21 PM
chikoo
Lexus Champion

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

CarMax or any other dealer for that matter will try to see the carfax records and drop the value based upon the value of damage indicated on it. At least that is how it worked for me. I was lucky enough to "get" more money out of the insurance than just the damage repair cost so I was alright with it.

Quick Reply: Girl backed into my 2011 IS250 =[