IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

new here! eyes firmly set on IS

Search this Thread

Old 10-24-11, 01:54 PM
birador
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by KillaIS250
No warranty will be as good as the Lexus CPO warranty if your buying a used Lexus. It's direct from Lexus, so there's no extra paper work or anything for the the dealer or yourself to handle to get a claim paid out. If there's a problem covered under warranty, you simply drop off your car and have it repaired. Covers loaner car too, even tho most dealers will give you one free anyways. Pick it up with no hassle. And should you run into any problems, you deal with Lexus corporate directly, instead of trying to deal with some 3rd party, who then has to deal with your Lexus dealer on top of that.
i second on that-for my car it's worth it when i bought mine a couple of years ago IS 350 2006 with 32t miles,encounter couple of problems and never had any headache dealing with lexus,just sign and good to go
Old 10-24-11, 03:33 PM
calvin2376
Racer

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by smkygyeraz
thank you - I actually didn't realize CPO warranty was that comprehensive. I passed up a couple CPO ones for various reasons (body work/paint I didn't think was done well enough)... the 09 I'll see this weekend is from a Kia dealership unfortunately so no CPO and may even end up with an auction car which may not be CPO

that leaves me curious to see reviews of other warranties I can get with the most bang for the buck
Like the above posters said, no other warranty will beat the CPO warranty. In addition to coverage, an area in which the CPO warranty bests any other used car warranty, there are myriad other considerations, several of which the above posters mentioned. This is direct through Lexus, so the work is performed immediately and by Lexus dealerships. If you have a third-party aftermarket warranty, 1) they may dictate that you can't take it to a Lexus dealership or they'll only cover a portion of a dealership's costs, trying to incentivize you to go to a less expensive repair shop, and 2) it may take several days for them to approve a repair and to make payment. I'm speaking from experience - I had a third-party warranty on my last car and there were at least 2 times where my car was ready but the warranty company hadn't paid yet, and it took them 24-48 hours to pay. This will never happen with the CPO warranty.

In addition, the CPO warranty is zero deductible, meaning you pay zero dollars for any covered repairs. Most aftermarket warranties will have a deductible, either $50 or $100, and it can be either per repair (meaning if you visit the shop and there are 10 things wrong with your car you could end up paying 10 x $100) or per visit (meaning you just pay $100 for the visit no matter how much is wrong.

So if you're wanting a warranty on a used car, which it seems you are, I highly recommend not settling for anything other than CPO. Most of all because CPO is the best one you'll get, and the price premium of a CPO car over a non-CPO car will probably beat the cost you'd pay for a comparable exclusionary aftermarket warranty.
Old 10-24-11, 03:47 PM
chikoo
Lexus Champion

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Fyi... CPO does not cover wear and tear, even if that is on the leather or dash or other trim.
Old 11-03-11, 06:55 PM
smkygyeraz
Driver School Candidate

Thank you SO very much for all the information!

Just wanted to share that PAPERWORK is SIGNED!!!

Just purchased an 08 tonight with 16k miles...extremely clean and CPO as everybody suggested. Unfortunately it was just traded in last night so it's still in the process of certification and I won't physically have it til Tues...but will certainly post pics in the near future with my cousins professional camera!

This is one of the most exciting nights of my life for sure
Old 11-03-11, 07:34 PM
starknight
Lead Lap

never heard of 0% financing on a Lexus...only on toyota LOL
Old 11-03-11, 07:36 PM
starknight
Lead Lap

congrats on the car, mind to share the price with us?
Old 11-03-11, 08:01 PM
smkygyeraz
Driver School Candidate

not at all - I got it for $27.5...and they gave me 3.49% financing 60 months
They gave me a little off the price...not as much as I wanted but I'm still happy, worth paying the little bit extra for that low mileage, cleanliness and CPO

I can't wait to get my hands on it it's been a long time comin
Old 11-03-11, 08:17 PM
e46
Rookie

Originally Posted by omgitsjoe
SGM with a black interior is the best IMHO ............ and that's exactly what i have also
I agree, I have the same color combo also. My last car was black and I hated trying to keep it clean. SGM looks great with fresh wax, plus I've only seen a few 2IS's in my area with the same color.
Old 11-03-11, 08:24 PM
jmsharp02
Pole Position

So I just bought mine in May, and I love it. It's black exterior with Black on Tan interior-I think it looks super classy. People may complain that it's really hard to keep a black car looking clean, but I disagree. I'd wash my car the same amount regardless, and with a good wax a quick rinse is all you really need. Anywho-good luck, they're definitely a fantastic vehicle.
Old 11-03-11, 08:47 PM
linus73
Lead Lap

glad to hear you purchased an 08 is and cpo! i have an 08 is250 (cpo with an extended 3 years warranty till it's paid off) you actually got a good deal on the car, not sure about the finance though, that depends on your credit. i paid 29,600 at 2.65% with 29k on the odo, fully loaded with all the options except ml system. i love my is. and funny thing about the cpo warranty is that i altered my sound system when i first got it(8 months ago) and last week the left side completely went out. i called my buddy at the dealer and told him the situation and said that i didnt think they would cover it because of the big orion subs and xtra battery in the trunk, he agreed, so i just ordered one from lexus and planned to swap it myself. the next 2 days the service dept calls me and says hey your amp is in and what day do you want to come in, i said well im gonna do it myself, he says if you do that you will pay the 300.00 and since your car has warrany till 2017 it's covered. i explainded to him well i did some mods to the stereo system and i dont think lexus will cover it, he says well ill tell you what bring me the amp and ill exchange it for you under the warranty!. immediately i left work and went to the dealer. after i arrived he says i have no problem exchanging it for you because they are pieces of ****, they all usually go out, so it's not your fault. i signed the paperwork and was on my way back to install it in the ride. once installed all was well again. it's nice to know lexus puts junk in the trunk(litteraly). and even nicer to know they exchanged it without me bringing in the car. THANKS LEXUS AND THE CPO WARRANTY!

Last edited by linus73; 11-03-11 at 08:53 PM.
Old 11-04-11, 10:52 AM
smkygyeraz
Driver School Candidate

Yes SO happy with the smoky granite and black interior I held out for a loooong time to find that. Could have gotten tons of black white or silver ones but patience pays...I haven't thought of a name to call her yet but I think I'll feel it when I see it all ready for me. I have to say it is THE hardest thing ever having to WAIT for it...I pray some miracle happens and I get the call that it's ready saturday.

Lexus had the 2.9% deal until oct 31 so unfortunately I just missed that...I told them my credit union was offering me 3.5 (even though it was really 3.99) and they matched it for me. I kind of wish I had said even lower now I didn't realize they'd match.

Love to hear about how great lexus servicing is! I couldn't be happier choosing lexus over audi