IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

new here! eyes firmly set on IS

Search this Thread

Old 10-23-11, 08:20 AM
smkygyeraz
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question new here! eyes firmly set on IS

first day registered as a clublexus user! i've been in the market for my dream IS 250 (08 or 09) for a few months now - just waiting for the right one to jump on. was wondering if lexus has ever offered 0% financing - the best i can get is 2.9%, but i may go for a newer year if i know i can get 0%. any end of the year deals like that in the past that anybody's seen? willing to wait but i hope to call this car my own before the end of the year (i'm hoping shopping at this time will land me a good deal) i have dealer only auction access too (professional fam friend) that hasn't turned up the perfect one yet

smoky gran w black interior...navi...it makes my heart melt

i just started getting into this forum so i'm sure my other questions will be answered by reading more, but 0% financing availabilty was the one i couldn't get answered yet

oh and what are tags? i gave it a go but beats me if i did it right
Old 10-23-11, 08:27 AM
omgitsjoe
Pole Position

SGM with a black interior is the best IMHO ............ and that's exactly what i have also

Good luck in your search !!
Old 10-23-11, 11:20 AM
Hoovey689

Received 125 Likes on 83 Posts

0% apr financing sounds like a pipe dream
Old 10-23-11, 11:36 AM
greg0126
Lexus Test Driver

Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Hoovey2411
0% apr financing sounds like a pipe dream
I hear that. And I like Smokey Granite Mica with a tan interior myself, but to each their own!
Old 10-23-11, 11:39 AM
iRock
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Never seen Lexus offer 0%. Only ford and Chevy I think. Sounds like your looking for the first car I had nice combo
Old 10-23-11, 11:55 AM
Sango
Pole Position

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

I gotten 0% financing from Lexus. If you have good credit score (like close to 750) you can mention you like to have it that way.
Old 10-23-11, 12:00 PM
rookieIS
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

check this else it might help:

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/is-...e-threads.html
Old 10-23-11, 06:58 PM
jonjon6228
Rookie

Smile financing

you said you're looking for a 08 or 09?
if you got 2.9% that is good... 0% on a used car is unheard of... my opinion
hope you find the right ride soon!
Old 10-24-11, 05:43 AM
smkygyeraz
Driver School Candidate

thank you all - very helpful I took good mental notes from this

rookieIS that was a great thread thanks for sharing

I'm wondering how much of a disadvantage if any is there to NOT buying a CPO IS? i know the warranty on that has a full list of exclusions so I guess what I'm asking is what are the best warranties out there? should I get the fullest coverage I possibly can? the one i'm checking out this weekend is an 09 with 20k miles so i would hope not much will go wrong for some time

links to discussions on this would be much appreciated

glad i joined this i already feel welcome and don't even have my car yet!
Old 10-24-11, 08:31 AM
calvin2376
Racer

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by smkygyeraz
I'm wondering how much of a disadvantage if any is there to NOT buying a CPO IS? i know the warranty on that has a full list of exclusions so I guess what I'm asking is what are the best warranties out there? should I get the fullest coverage I possibly can? the one i'm checking out this weekend is an 09 with 20k miles so i would hope not much will go wrong for some time
CPO IS the best warranty you can possibly get on a used car.

There are two different types of warranties for cars: inclusionary and exclusionary. Inclusionary describes the vast majority of used car warranties. What inclusionary means is that the warranty lists the specific items that are INCLUDED in your warranty. So you might look at an inclusionary warranty and for the "Engine" section see that "belt tensioner, crankshaft, cylinder heads, engine block, and engine mounts" are covered. That means that ONLY those parts listed are covered. As everyone knows, there are hundreds and hundreds of parts that make up the engine area of a car. So if an engine part fails that is NOT listed on that list, it's out of pocket for you. These inclusionary aftermarket warranties therefore are inferior since they take a one-size-fits-all approach to coverage, whereas in reality every car has different numbers and types of parts.

Exclusionary warranties are the opposite - they list exactly what's NOT covered, and everything else not listed IS covered by the warranty. This is a much better type of warranty, since it leaves room for all the hundreds of various parts to be covered. Aftermarket warranties that are truly exclusionary are nearly impossible to come by and when you find one, they're extremely expensive.

The CPO warranty is an exclusionary policy. You're correct that there is a list of items not covered by the CPO warranty. You must keep in mind however that these items would be excluded from EVERY aftermarket warranty, exclusionary or not. No warranty covers maintenance/standard upkeep items like bulbs and fluids, and I've never seen a non-factory warranty that covers body/trim pieces.

So the CPO warranty is in fact the most comprehensive warranty you can get for a used car, so I highly recommend it. CPO will offer you the fullest coverage you can get on your used car. As far as disadvantages to NOT buying CPO, you lose out on the warranty of course. The 2IS is very reliable, but any Lexus repair is extremely expensive. The most common issues are the cam gear and carbon build-up TSIBs (each cost about $1600-2000) and nav screen failure ($2000+). If you suffer from an issue like this, the warranty can quickly pay itself off. Even little things can add up. My gas cap somehow cracked and the diagnosis and repair cost $400 - that was all covered by the CPO warranty.

Last edited by calvin2376; 10-24-11 at 08:34 AM.
Old 10-24-11, 08:35 AM
RDIS250AWD
Lead Lap

Received 91 Likes on 38 Posts

I'd be surprised if u can find that deal. My friend just got a brand new C63 coupe with 0.2% and I thought that was nuts
Old 10-24-11, 10:46 AM
ramonf11
Driver School Candidate

I'm an IS fan. Let me ask you...what are you shopping it against?
Old 10-24-11, 11:48 AM
smkygyeraz
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by ramonf11
I'm an IS fan. Let me ask you...what are you shopping it against?
Beginning of my car search...09 audi A4 - I dropped that idea fast because of reliability/repair costs primarily...but also how hard it was to find ones with navigation in addition to all the other requirements I had. I don't like the look of the A4s before 09 so that kept me limited at the high end of my budget. I wouldn't mind having an 08 IS which means I pay less but still get the look I love. Audi repair costs are crazy...have a bunch of very well experienced mechanics in my family (including my father) and they said no way to Audi. too difficult to work on. I considered the Acura TL briefly but I don't think it looks nearly as good as the IS. Mini cooper I thought about for maybe a week...but seems like a toy to me. The IS has basically been on my mind since it came out in 06. Considering other cars was just me making sure I was being a smart buyer and checking out my other options and for comparison purposes

Last edited by smkygyeraz; 10-24-11 at 11:49 AM. Reason: year change
Old 10-24-11, 12:03 PM
smkygyeraz
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by calvin2376
So the CPO warranty is in fact the most comprehensive warranty you can get for a used car, so I highly recommend it. CPO will offer you the fullest coverage you can get on your used car.
thank you - I actually didn't realize CPO warranty was that comprehensive. I passed up a couple CPO ones for various reasons (body work/paint I didn't think was done well enough)... the 09 I'll see this weekend is from a Kia dealership unfortunately so no CPO and may even end up with an auction car which may not be CPO

that leaves me curious to see reviews of other warranties I can get with the most bang for the buck
Old 10-24-11, 01:26 PM
KillaIS250
Lexus Fanatic

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by smkygyeraz
thank you - I actually didn't realize CPO warranty was that comprehensive. I passed up a couple CPO ones for various reasons (body work/paint I didn't think was done well enough)... the 09 I'll see this weekend is from a Kia dealership unfortunately so no CPO and may even end up with an auction car which may not be CPO

that leaves me curious to see reviews of other warranties I can get with the most bang for the buck
No warranty will be as good as the Lexus CPO warranty if your buying a used Lexus. It's direct from Lexus, so there's no extra paper work or anything for the the dealer or yourself to handle to get a claim paid out. If there's a problem covered under warranty, you simply drop off your car and have it repaired. Covers loaner car too, even tho most dealers will give you one free anyways. Pick it up with no hassle. And should you run into any problems, you deal with Lexus corporate directly, instead of trying to deal with some 3rd party, who then has to deal with your Lexus dealer on top of that.

Quick Reply: new here! eyes firmly set on IS