IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

Newbie looking for advice (Buying an IS)

Search this Thread

Old 10-26-11, 05:47 PM
HSTexan
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Nevermind got it...what do you guys think?
Attached Files
File Type: pdf
IS350 Service History.pdf (46.3 KB, 221 views)
Old 10-26-11, 06:09 PM
KillaIS250
Lexus Fanatic

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Looks like the car had some issues with the A/C around 30k....and it was in a few times for it? There's entries up to 43k for it. Then it looks like the first owner sold it....so make sure you check the A/C if you do buy this car lol

Safety Recall ALE = Valve Spring i believe. So good to see that has been done! Might want to call a Lexus dealer or something and see if the car has warranty up to 100k on the powertrain. I'm sure they can run the VIN and check.

I don't see (or maybe im missing it) the TSIB for the Cam Gear being performed. But this car is under the powertrain warranty still, so you can still get it done yourself no charge.

Looks like oil changes and stuff have been kept up with. Just no mention of the 60k service being done, so hopefully they are taking care of that now.
Old 10-26-11, 06:13 PM
HSTexan
Driver

What are those notes that mention interior trim and front and rear body? Also, what is safety recall BLA?
Old 10-26-11, 06:27 PM
KillaIS250
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by btmar
What are those notes that mention interior trim and front and rear body? Also, what is safety recall BLA?
Interior trim could really be anything....could be fixing/replacing a trim piece or fixing a rattle issue..lol Front & Rear Body is also the same....could really be anything! Since the repair # is listed for each service, you should be able to call the dealership and ask what it was specifically. I did this for my car and they happily looked it up for me. They just of course wont disclose any information that would identify the owner in anyway....so don't plan on getting much more than what was done (i.e. they wont send you copies of the repair invoice)

Safety Recall BLA i'm pretty sure is the Fuel sensor connector, it just had to be double checked and tightened. No biggy.
Old 10-26-11, 08:36 PM
CleverName
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Wow btmar, yer getting a lot of great help here. Some seriously great help here...I'm kinda jealous!
Two points I like to make about my Lex that will reflect the next car I buy.

1.) Never again will I buy a car that does not have folding rear seats.
Can't believe how much I used them on past cars until you don't have them any more....

2.) Never again will I have a car WITHOUT a rear sunscreen.
Until US laws catch up with Europe, the continued use of overly glaring and improperly aligned headlights will do nothing but get worse and worse. My sunscreen isnt for sun, its for the idiot teens with aftermarket HIDs and the overly tall 4x4 behind me at night... So wonderful to reclaim your dark interior from the artificial suns blasting in your back window!

food for thought...
Best of luck out there!
Old 10-27-11, 12:06 AM
KillaIS250
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by CleverName

1.) Never again will I buy a car that does not have folding rear seats.
Can't believe how much I used them on past cars until you don't have them any more....

2.) Never again will I have a car WITHOUT a rear sunscreen.
Until US laws catch up with Europe, the continued use of overly glaring and improperly aligned headlights will do nothing but get worse and worse. My sunscreen isnt for sun, its for the idiot teens with aftermarket HIDs and the overly tall 4x4 behind me at night... So wonderful to reclaim your dark interior from the artificial suns blasting in your back window!

I too miss folding seats. It was one of those things i overlooked, and didn't realize till after i got the car. It wouldn't have stopped me from buying the car anyways, but damn i really wish i had folding rear seats

As far as the rear sunscreen goes, get some dark window tint on the back window and your good to go The aftermarket HID's in the halogen housings are the ones that always glare, they are illegal too in most states, but its one of those things cops don't really enforce unless they are citing you for other things. The overly tall 4x4s with HIDs are the worst, blinding light right into your rear view mirror...ugh lol.
Old 10-27-11, 12:11 AM
HSTexan
Driver

Again, being used to the Supra and actually even the first car I drove (which was a 4-door) I never had/have a need to fold the seats down. Tint was planned and I actually saw in the FS section someone was selling the HID headlights for around $500 which wasn't bad. Honestly I think I'd rather just hold out for the one I want though rather than spend close to the same on another car and then spending more money and time getting it where I want it.
Old 10-27-11, 12:39 AM
KillaIS250
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by btmar
Again, being used to the Supra and actually even the first car I drove (which was a 4-door) I never had/have a need to fold the seats down. Tint was planned and I actually saw in the FS section someone was selling the HID headlights for around $500 which wasn't bad. Honestly I think I'd rather just hold out for the one I want though rather than spend close to the same on another car and then spending more money and time getting it where I want it.
Good choice. Plus its nice to have memory seats and AFS

My thing is, if your buying a car, might as well buy a car you actually love right off the bat, not one your "OK" with.
Old 10-27-11, 12:40 AM
HSTexan
Driver

Exactly...short term purchases I'd be ok with doing that, but a car that I'll probably keep for at least 6-8 years. That's a long time to have remorse over not waiting longer and finding the right one.