IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

Navigation broke while being serviced for something else

Search this Thread

Old 10-30-11, 10:02 AM
shadowman
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

^^^ Second that...

Remember folks, EOS X was hosted BY LEXUS OF STEVENS CREEK. They are very friendly to Club Lexus. The president was even kind enough to pay for all the food, drink, t-shirt, and goodies at the event. He even left his LF-A for all of us to enjoy.

Talk to the general manager about the service experience. No need for negative comments immediately.
Old 10-30-11, 11:08 AM
edgeucated
Pole Position

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

guys we are swaying from the topic, the OP was asking about his navi, not his TPMS sensor.

OP, unfortunately the best I can see happening is Lexus will cover half of the repair after a long and tedious phonecall to corporate. Your best option is to DIY and try to fix it.

The navi going out is a very common issue and someone on this forum has found a way to fix it for really cheap. If you are unable to do it yourself, you can probably take it out to a local store and the labor would probably be less than $100. Its worth a shot to fix it yourself before paying $1000-2000 to the dealership.

Heres the thread that shows you how to DIY:
https://www.clublexus.com/forums/is-...e-nav-fix.html
Old 10-30-11, 11:11 AM
Jzsicklexi
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It sounds different then that navi issue though. His is rebooting repeatedly and that write claims the issues were with the touch screen not responding.
Old 10-30-11, 11:20 AM
stanjohn12
Lead Lap

It's simple. They would have had a job card for you mentionaing what you actually went in for. Now if there really was an issue while the rep was checking your car they would have mentioned somewhere that the navi was broken , but I guess they didn't which means they are the ones who broke it. Can you show us some pics to analyze the damage. I think you can get it covered if you write a complaint letter venting your frustrations on how they ripped you first and then jacked your navi. This will surely work since they tried cheating you in the first place by charging you 600 bucks.

I hope you still have the receipt , take a copy and send it to Lexus corp and tell them how they tried to swindle your cash and screwed your navi.
Old 10-30-11, 11:48 AM
rookieIS
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by shadowman
^^^ Second that...

Remember folks, EOS X was hosted BY LEXUS OF STEVENS CREEK. They are very friendly to Club Lexus. The president was even kind enough to pay for all the food, drink, t-shirt, and goodies at the event. He even left his LF-A for all of us to enjoy.

Talk to the general manager about the service experience. No need for negative comments immediately.
i've been a customer of this dealership for the past years and they have been great too.
Old 10-30-11, 12:59 PM
chikoo
Lexus Champion

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Wow...hard to prove unless they worked on the computer for the TPMS and screwed up the navi computer
Old 10-30-11, 04:18 PM
birador
Lead Lap

some things happen specially if involves tech,even our cellphone or gadgets experience those thing also and the only problem is it happens while servicing your car in another repair or problems that i myself will think also that something screw up while repairing my car ,if that thing happen to me i will do all the necessary way to resolve the problem by talking to first the service manager then if you're not satisfied the manager of the store,if not resolve that's the time i will go to upper level which is calling the corporate,some of the members here done that and the result was okay,try to solve problem by talking to the right person,2t is not small amount unless you don't care to spend but think how many modz could you get for 2t-i hope your problem will be solved immediately since a lot of people here know this dealership has a good reputation- good luck
Old 10-31-11, 10:32 AM
ctdvdtdvql
Driver School Candidate

Hi guys, thanks very much for all the comments and positive feedbacks and suggestions.

I love my Lexus and have high regards for the brand. I always have positive things to say about the brand and always recommend Lexus to friends and families whenever they have a want for a luxury car but as we all understand, a bad experience can make you lose the taste forever.

Regarding the TPMS sensor, they charged me for diagnostics fee in addition because when the car was brought in, they mentioned they had to do certain diagnostics before concluding that it's the TPMS sensor. I've already asked them to send me documents of what was done to the car, what was charged and also what is broken in the NAV, all clearly documented.
I'm already dealing with the service manager and so far all he insists is they didn't break it and there's nothing they can do. My car is still at the dealership so I can not take pictures or anything to the broken NAV. What I noticed was that it tried to reboot then go into a black-screen. I was told that some ICU for the NAV is not functioning.

Let's see what kind of documents I'll be getting from them. I'll keep you guys posted.
Old 10-31-11, 10:42 AM
calvin2376
Racer

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by ctdvdtdvql
Hi guys, thanks very much for all the comments and positive feedbacks and suggestions.

I love my Lexus and have high regards for the brand. I always have positive things to say about the brand and always recommend Lexus to friends and families whenever they have a want for a luxury car but as we all understand, a bad experience can make you lose the taste forever.

Regarding the TPMS sensor, they charged me for diagnostics fee in addition because when the car was brought in, they mentioned they had to do certain diagnostics before concluding that it's the TPMS sensor. I've already asked them to send me documents of what was done to the car, what was charged and also what is broken in the NAV, all clearly documented.
I'm already dealing with the service manager and so far all he insists is they didn't break it and there's nothing they can do. My car is still at the dealership so I can not take pictures or anything to the broken NAV. What I noticed was that it tried to reboot then go into a black-screen. I was told that some ICU for the NAV is not functioning.

Let's see what kind of documents I'll be getting from them. I'll keep you guys posted.
Diagnostics should be at most one hour's labor, or $120. I've had diagnostics done on a car with about 10 times more issues than just the TPMS sensor and it was still only one hour. Sewell has a genuine OEM TPMS sensor for $100 (as others have noted above however, you can get them on eBay for a fraction of that). So even including a genuine Lexus sensor, you should have only been charged $120 + $100 (or a bit more for markup/shipping) = $220.

Regardless of diagnostics, if the only thing they did was replace one TPMS sensor, there is absolutely no reason you should have been charged $600.

They need to provide you a printout of what was done to add up to $600, line by line. Again, diagnostics should be no more than $120 - if it's more, there's an issue. I'd like to see this printout, because while it's clear they screwed you, I can't imagine they charged you $480 for a TPMS sensor.

Best of luck in getting this nav issue resolved, but honestly it's a common issue on this car and there's a good chance it had nothing to do with what they did. I'd still push, however, and you can also call Lexus corporate. Some people have gotten Lexus to pay half. The other option is to do the inexpensive fix on the CL thread linked above.