IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

installing alarm with remote start and smartstart in a 08 is250 push to start

Search this Thread

Old 11-02-11, 08:36 PM
linus73
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default installing alarm with remote start and smartstart in a 08 is250 push to start

not sure if any other members successfully installed a remote start with or without a car alarm.
i wanted to start this post to help others who may be in need of any help.

to start this off let me tell you who i am and what i do for a living. My name is steve and i live in chicago. ( not trying to promote here) but i have been installing sounds and alarms since 1993. i have had my own shop for almost 3 years now and i recently purchased an 08 is250 about 8 months ago. well i did not want to install a remote start at first ( warranty issues of course) but decided i did not want to pay the dealer the 800 to 900 for it, the dealer will outsource the work anyway! i have done many push to start vehicles and found out that my lexus was 10x easier
than the 08 nissan altima push to start( very complicated but did it, 8 hour job). i purchased the python 5902p with the smartstart module and have successfully installed it on the first try with no complications whatsoever. so to anyone who needs help or see's this ,please pm me.
i have access to idatalink bypass wiring diagrams that i use for the installs to learn the codes. i
only use idatalink because i personally have found them to be 100% reliable and they come complete with the download instructions once you flash the module. like i said i am not trying to sell or promote any brand or sell my services. i am just offering any help or advice on an install (audio or alarm/remote start) looking forward to making friends and helping others is the main objective here! thanks
Old 11-02-11, 09:17 PM
CCJ22
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Question. Before my smart start I set my IS to lock the car when shifting out if park. Then unlock when placed back into park. Now that I have 5902/smart start it does everything above as it is suppose to but then pulses the unlock /lock again. How can I get it to not do that?
Also how can I disable the security feature of having 45 seconds to get in & put foot on brake & if I don't do it within 45 seconds the car shuts off(this is if course only when I auto remote start it)
Thanks in advance
Old 11-02-11, 09:26 PM
ISBU
Lexus Test Driver

Disable your auto lock on your remote start that's causing it to lock again. You can not disable the 45 seconds takeover unless you leave your factory fob inside the car. It's a safety feature.
Old 11-02-11, 09:40 PM
linus73
Lead Lap

that is correct, you have to disable the ignition controlled door locks feature,(let the car do it) however i do not have the door lock issue! did you get the locks from the passenger side? or through data

and the 45 seconds is actually a time window that you have to enter the vehicle and press the brake. if it did not have this then anyone can open your door and drive off, hince the reason you must push unlock on the aftermarket control to start the 45 min time window and after you press the brake it senses the keyfob, if key fob is not detected then it will shut off

Last edited by linus73; 11-02-11 at 10:02 PM.
Old 01-26-13, 03:49 PM
MyLexus08
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by linus73
not sure if any other members successfully installed a remote start with or without a car alarm.
i wanted to start this post to help others who may be in need of any help.

to start this off let me tell you who i am and what i do for a living. My name is steve and i live in chicago. ( not trying to promote here) but i have been installing sounds and alarms since 1993. i have had my own shop for almost 3 years now and i recently purchased an 08 is250 about 8 months ago. well i did not want to install a remote start at first ( warranty issues of course) but decided i did not want to pay the dealer the 800 to 900 for it, the dealer will outsource the work anyway! i have done many push to start vehicles and found out that my lexus was 10x easier
than the 08 nissan altima push to start( very complicated but did it, 8 hour job). i purchased the python 5902p with the smartstart module and have successfully installed it on the first try with no complications whatsoever. so to anyone who needs help or see's this ,please pm me.
i have access to idatalink bypass wiring diagrams that i use for the installs to learn the codes. i
only use idatalink because i personally have found them to be 100% reliable and they come complete with the download instructions once you flash the module. like i said i am not trying to sell or promote any brand or sell my services. i am just offering any help or advice on an install (audio or alarm/remote start) looking forward to making friends and helping others is the main objective here! thanks

Hi, I could use your help. I have the same car and bought a Viper 5901 which is a 2way alarm/remote start system. Which idatalink bypass do I need to buy? Is it the ADS-AL CA? Let me know thanks!!
Old 10-07-18, 11:58 AM
Ken62310
Driver School Candidate

Just called them.
turns out I was able to get the service for 16$ a month. Safety connect with remote. Not bad.
took sometimes to get it setup but all good