IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

My new IS350 - Let the fun begin! :)

Search this Thread

Old 11-18-11, 12:30 PM
NimaM
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Congrats. Very nice ride and one of the best colors.

Are your windows tinted in the pictures? I'm deciding whether to tint my windows 35% or 20%. Can you post closer shots of your car?

Thank you.
Old 11-19-11, 07:26 AM
itruns
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

[/QUOTE]To be honest, I would rather have the vent/heat seats and everything else in the lux package - but only specific things with the F-Sport - so it was really a better choice (to me) in the end. The badges can be put on identical to the F-Sport version, and the front lip is painted via the factory from Sewell Lexus, so it will be spot on as far as paint goes I am perfectly content without the seats, blue stitching, and the rims from the F-Sport, and picking my modifications is better money spent IMO. Besides, if I got an F-Sport, I would have had to go with the 250 as the 350 F-Sport was out of my budget I'll take the extra 100hp+ anyday of the week![/QUOTE]

That is why we went with the lux package, everything From the F Sport can be easily added but the seats and even though I like the deep bolsters in the sport seats, I do not like the non-leather in the center and giving up the cooling... esp. as we have a black int. here in the south.

A co-worker has the F Sport, looks good but very few actual F Sport parts... more of the appearance items.. I do not see any performance items. No F Sport intake, and although it lists "sport suspension" but it is not the F Sport coils, shocks or sways… must be something.. somewhere.

So we started with the Lux package. So far we have added the steering wheel weight, F Sport Exhaust, better tires (RE760’s)…planning on PPE headers and F Sport sways.. but it hasn’t been 3 months yet
Old 11-19-11, 08:04 AM
jbjones85
Lexus Test Driver

Welcome and happy modding. Sounds like a good list so far. Once it starts it dosent stop. I've been able to hold off for about a year and a half and now I have the mod bug bad.
Old 11-19-11, 08:12 AM
reset2k
Rookie

Originally Posted by NimaM

Are your windows tinted in the pictures? I'm deciding whether to tint my windows 35% or 20%. Can you post closer shots of your car?

Thank you.
Thanks I'll try and get some good pictures of the tint for you. It's 35% (legal here in Oregon), but it looks great IMO. I do wish I could have gone 20%, but I don't want tickets again like I had on my Evo IX, lol. I'll post up some pics shortly of the tint for you. FYI, my car is dirty

Originally Posted by itruns
That is why we went with the lux package, everything From the F Sport can be easily added but the seats and even though I like the deep bolsters in the sport seats, I do not like the non-leather in the center and giving up the cooling... esp. as we have a black int. here in the south.

A co-worker has the F Sport, looks good but very few actual F Sport parts... more of the appearance items.. I do not see any performance items. No F Sport intake, and although it lists "sport suspension" but it is not the F Sport coils, shocks or sways… must be something.. somewhere.

So we started with the Lux package. So far we have added the steering wheel weight, F Sport Exhaust, better tires (RE760’s)…planning on PPE headers and F Sport sways.. but it hasn’t been 3 months yet
Nice! I was thinking about doing the F-Sport exhaust, but there's something about putting an exhaust on an automatic transmission that bugs me I don't want to be "that guy" - if you know what I mean? lol.

Originally Posted by jbjones85
Welcome and happy modding. Sounds like a good list so far. Once it starts it dosent stop. I've been able to hold off for about a year and a half and now I have the mod bug bad.
Thanks! I just purchased the front grille and front F-Sport lips last night on a hunch. That's going to hurt the wallet for a little while, lol.
Old 11-19-11, 08:14 AM
toan414
Driver School Candidate

Awesome thread. Definitely will check up on your updates. Just bought a 11' 350AWD also, planning to do pretty much the same. There is not alot of 350awd on here to base mods off of, but then again, the car has been out for only a year.
Old 11-19-11, 08:17 AM
reset2k
Rookie

Originally Posted by toan414
Awesome thread. Definitely will check up on your updates. Just bought a 11' 350AWD also, planning to do pretty much the same. There is not alot of 350awd on here to base mods off of, but then again, the car has been out for only a year.
Congratulations! Hopefully I'll have the F-Sport front lip, F-Sport front grille, PIAA fogs, and LED turns w/ relay done in a week or two. I just ordered them last night
Old 11-19-11, 08:25 AM
aCortIS101
Pole Position

Nice pick up. Congrats on the new ride
Old 11-20-11, 09:44 AM
KEYYTRIGER
Driver School Candidate

Nice choice i had a 08 is 350 hail totalled it, just got a isf 2011 at a super deal since 2012 are out and about, trying to figure how to hard wire valentine to riew view mirror, allready attached the blend mount yesterday, need led light info around car also, keyy
Old 11-20-11, 09:50 AM
HIDness
Driver

nice clean ride......the headlights is a turn on!
Old 11-20-11, 10:24 AM
reset2k
Rookie

Originally Posted by aCortIS101
Nice pick up. Congrats on the new ride
Thanks

Originally Posted by KEYYTRIGER
Nice choice i had a 08 is 350 hail totalled it, just got a isf 2011 at a super deal since 2012 are out and about, trying to figure how to hard wire valentine to riew view mirror, allready attached the blend mount yesterday, need led light info around car also, keyy
Sorry about the IS350 It's definitly good to hear that you got a great deal on the IS-F though I used a stealth cord to hardwire the valentine one to the rain sensing wiper harness. You should give that a shot if the IS-F has that option available.

Originally Posted by HIDness
nice clean ride......the headlights is a turn on!
Thanks I completely agree that the new headlights look amazing. I've always loved the Lexus IS, but when I saw the new LED's and black housings, I fell in love, lol.

Last edited by reset2k; 11-20-11 at 10:31 AM.
Old 11-25-11, 04:13 PM
reset2k
Rookie

Originally Posted by NimaM

Thank you.
I took some new photo's after a good wax and made sure to get some good pictures of the tinting (35%). Click here and go through the pictures to see them Hope this helps!

http://www.flickr.com/photos/7075444...7628152277559/
Old 11-25-11, 04:57 PM
Jzsicklexi
Lead Lap

Looks great man!! I think they look so much better with the rear lip spoiler and roof spoiler!
Old 11-25-11, 09:19 PM
GilIS250
Lead Lap

Welcome to CL and awesome start! Now, drop it low son!
Old 11-25-11, 09:40 PM
reset2k
Rookie

Originally Posted by 1sicklexus
Looks great man!! I think they look so much better with the rear lip spoiler and roof spoiler!
Thanks, I was thinking about getting the roof spoiler, but to be honest, I'm worried about how hard it is to get a good cleaning underneath it. Seems like it would be a pain? I'm also slightly worried that it would decrease the effectiveness of my Valentine One too...?

Also, I don't believe they make any rear lip spoilers for the 2011's? Or do they?

Originally Posted by GilIS250
Welcome to CL and awesome start! Now, drop it low son!
Thanks I'll have to wait to finish paying off some mods before I order the F-Sport springs, but they are definitely on my mod list
Old 11-25-11, 09:41 PM
NimaM
Lead Lap

Very nice. Thanks for the pictures.

Quick Reply: My new IS350 - Let the fun begin! :)